Feb/March IVFers and FETers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1264Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Working mommy
Just popping in to say good luck Jill!! Hope this is your cycle! Grow little embies and then STICK!

And I'm sorry Prendy. If this cycle is a BFN I hope you get your next plan in place soon!
JillK likes this.

February 11th, 2014, 02:54 AM
Super Mommy
Liyana! yay, we'll be in the same group again , I can't wait to hear how te meeting @ the RE goes. please keep us posted!

flhopeful <3 I can't wait to hear your 2nd beta #! it's hard not to worry though this process. I hope you deliver a happy healthy baby. any hopes on gender?

prendy09- Im sending you a big hug. please let us know how the test on wed goes. you're in my heart & prayers

jillk!!! I'm so stoked for you . will you transfer both? hugs

welcome neji! one of my doctors did ivf & shared her story. her clinic has higher percentages with FET. the days must feel like months! I know for me the end of the month can't come fast enough

hi missb62! assisted hatching is when they take a laser & open the outer shell of the embryo. i think it's supposed to encourage development of our future babies.

sorry if I left anyone out. sending hugs & love to all of you girls <3

xoxo
JillK likes this.
February 11th, 2014, 04:25 AM
Liyana's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by neji View Post
Hi all,
Thought I'd join in and stop lurking. We are doing a fet this month after our failed fresh cycle a few months ago. We are scheduled to transfer on the 26th and will transfer two. Hopefully it will work this time. I'm considering asking to do assisted hatching. Do they automatically do it for frozen cycles? I hear that freezing causes the shell to be tougher which makes it harder to hatch. At least I think I read that somewhere.
Hi Neji!
What is your name?
I am Liyana and I am glad to read your post.
My first fresh IVF cycle just failed :/ Now moving forward to FET.
But I wanna know so much about FET as possible.
You mentioned that you waited also 2 months? uhh,, how did the time past? what you were thinking during these months? I had BFP and but my HCG was too low that's why I had to ...stopped with my meds and that's why my AF came
I wish you the best darling because I know exactly how all this feels..
I will also fo for 2 embies this time!
But my IVF just failed so my FET will be in April :/
I have heard about assisted hatching but I don't know exactly what does it mean and how it could help in this case?
Anyway I will keep my eye on your journey! take care girl

IVF/ICSI #3
ER: 17.06.14 (retrived 12 eggs, 6 fertilized)
ET: 19.06.14 ( Two, 4-cell embies transfered) BFN!! 3 frosties
BETA: 14dp2dt, 03.07.14 Negative

IVF#4
FET 17.09.14 (2 beautiful blastocysts transferred). BFP 6dpt.

BETA: 14dpt,1.10.14 2300! Second BETA 21dpt 08.10.14 14610!!!! 1 baby

Last edited by Liyana; February 11th, 2014 at 04:29 AM.
February 11th, 2014, 06:31 AM
JillK's Avatar Veteran
KatieL & April18, thank you both. We will transfer both.
*Leah* and april18 like this.
TTC #2 since June 2012
3 Miscarriages between December 2012 & May 2013
IVF #1 October 2013 7 follicles, 2 transferred - BFN
IVF #2 November 2013
November Cycle canceled & switched to IUI due to dominant follicle
IUI 11/20/2013 BFN
IVF #3ish Patch protocal that uses estrogen priming
7 follicles with 3 retrieved on 2/9/2014, 2 transfer on 2/12, 2/23 BFN
Gave up IVF but have still been trying naturally......

<<<<<< Siggy Warning Below >>>>>>

Miracle of miracles - We are expecting in Feb of 2015.......if it continues...........
7 week ultrasound shows heart rate at about 140 & size "just a little small"
All testing has been great so far! 19 week ultrasound is normal

TTC #1 for 2 years in 2009-2011 (then Me 34 & Husband 30)
Laporoscopy to remove endometriosis April 2010
Unmedicated IUI May 2010 BFN
Did IVF testing & was about to start Cycle #1 but AF never arrived September 2010
Baby Girl Born 6/19/2011 - Now 3 years old
All Are Welcome
February 11th, 2014, 07:09 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by april18 View Post
flhopeful <3 I can't wait to hear your 2nd beta #! it's hard not to worry though this process. I hope you deliver a happy healthy baby. any hopes on gender?
Thank you, April. I won't stop worrying for a while but that's my nature. DH has two sons from his first marriage so he is leaning daughter but I am good with either. I am the total cliche of just give me healthy and I'm cool
april18 likes this.
February 11th, 2014, 12:58 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Jill, good luck tomorrow!

Prendy...hoping that next test is POSITIVE!

Welcome to all the new girls...sorry I can't remember everyone right now!!! My tentative retrieval is around March 31st..some of us will be close!

Liyana...I'm SOOOO Sorry AF came ((HUGS))
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

February 11th, 2014, 01:22 PM
dlammers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On CD 3, I started a new pack of bcp yesterday. The nurse said they were working on my calendar yesterday and I will be getting it in the mail hopefully sometime this week!
april18 and AmberCaramel like this.

February 11th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Super Mommy
Jill! I will be saying a prayer for you tomorrow. you must be soooooo excited!

Flhopeful I am also a worrier by nature. I can't help it. it drives hubby crazy! im sorry if you already told us, but when is your US? xo

Leah- my ER is right around yours I hope we get to celebrate with BFP's!

Danielle- you must be so excited. I remember when we got our new calendar. it was so organized, clear & color coated. I felt like it was a late Christmas present.

I hope to transfer 2 & have some frosties too!

sending HUGS!
JillK likes this.
February 11th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Hello Ladies!!
I'm back in the saddle again!! Just started bc pills today!! Hopefully I will get our calender soon. wish you all best thoughts and sticky vibes!!
February 12th, 2014, 12:57 AM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Jill- KUP on your two!! GL!!!

Prendy- how many dpt are you? I hope its too soon!

neji- Hey we are transferring the same day 2!!
Are yours 3 day or 5 day? My understanding is usually when the egg reached the blastocyst stage it is very close to hatching on its own?

I know I am missing a ton of people and will be back! Good luck ladies and + thoughts!!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

February 12th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Veteran
Hi ladies,

Test today was negative, so clearly I am not. With snow coming my way, I don't want to take Olivia out Friday morning, so I am going to go tomorrow morning the blood draw. The sooner I can stop taking meds, the sooner my period will return! Part of me feels a little silly because after only 2 negatives, I feel the "wonder" starting to creep in my head...will this work for us again? I know it can work multiple times for people, so I know it can work...just it hope it does again for us.

Good news - we have 4 snowbabies waiting to try again!!!!!

We have to wait a month before I can start meds for first FET, so that is why I want to get my period relatively quickly, so we can look forward to the next cycle. With that time line, I am thinking transfer would be mid-April. Wish I could jump right in now, but maybe it is better to give the body a rest from the meds, and my mind can take a little IVF vacation as well ;o)

I will be lurking - positive thoughts to everyone, and thank you so much for checking in with me. As much as the support here is great, I hope to NOT see any familiar "faces" in the April thread, since hopefully, you will have gotten your BFP's!!!

;o)
February 12th, 2014, 01:06 PM
JillK's Avatar Veteran
Prendy - I am sorry to hear your news. I hope that the beta turns out to be a big surprise for you.

We transferred two little eggs today. One a perfect grade 8 cell & one a low quality 5 cell. They both have assisted hatching. The beta is a week from this coming Sunday. I am going to try and avoid HPTs as they lead to such a roller coaster ride......we'll see if I can resist.
TTC #2 since June 2012
3 Miscarriages between December 2012 & May 2013
IVF #1 October 2013 7 follicles, 2 transferred - BFN
IVF #2 November 2013
November Cycle canceled & switched to IUI due to dominant follicle
IUI 11/20/2013 BFN
IVF #3ish Patch protocal that uses estrogen priming
7 follicles with 3 retrieved on 2/9/2014, 2 transfer on 2/12, 2/23 BFN
Gave up IVF but have still been trying naturally......

<<<<<< Siggy Warning Below >>>>>>

Miracle of miracles - We are expecting in Feb of 2015.......if it continues...........
7 week ultrasound shows heart rate at about 140 & size "just a little small"
All testing has been great so far! 19 week ultrasound is normal

TTC #1 for 2 years in 2009-2011 (then Me 34 & Husband 30)
Laporoscopy to remove endometriosis April 2010
Unmedicated IUI May 2010 BFN
Did IVF testing & was about to start Cycle #1 but AF never arrived September 2010
Baby Girl Born 6/19/2011 - Now 3 years old
All Are Welcome
February 12th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Liyana's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prendy09 View Post
Hi ladies,

Test today was negative, so clearly I am not. With snow coming my way, I don't want to take Olivia out Friday morning, so I am going to go tomorrow morning the blood draw. The sooner I can stop taking meds, the sooner my period will return! Part of me feels a little silly because after only 2 negatives, I feel the "wonder" starting to creep in my head...will this work for us again? I know it can work multiple times for people, so I know it can work...just it hope it does again for us.

Good news - we have 4 snowbabies waiting to try again!!!!!

We have to wait a month before I can start meds for first FET, so that is why I want to get my period relatively quickly, so we can look forward to the next cycle. With that time line, I am thinking transfer would be mid-April. Wish I could jump right in now, but maybe it is better to give the body a rest from the meds, and my mind can take a little IVF vacation as well ;o)

I will be lurking - positive thoughts to everyone, and thank you so much for checking in with me. As much as the support here is great, I hope to NOT see any familiar "faces" in the April thread, since hopefully, you will have gotten your BFP's!!!

;o)

Hi Prendy,
I am sry for those news... I know how it feels.... my ivf failed aswell, I will be cycling with my FET also in mid of April.
I am collecting my thoughts together now and I am trying to be positive, but as more as I am thinking about the time... then its going sooo slowly.
12.03 I will get the FET instructions from my RE.
Keep us updated Prendy and i am sending you a lot of good vibes and a lot of babydust!

IVF/ICSI #3
ER: 17.06.14 (retrived 12 eggs, 6 fertilized)
ET: 19.06.14 ( Two, 4-cell embies transfered) BFN!! 3 frosties
BETA: 14dp2dt, 03.07.14 Negative

IVF#4
FET 17.09.14 (2 beautiful blastocysts transferred). BFP 6dpt.

BETA: 14dpt,1.10.14 2300! Second BETA 21dpt 08.10.14 14610!!!! 1 baby

Last edited by Liyana; February 12th, 2014 at 01:52 PM.
February 12th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Super Mommy
Prendy, I am sending big hugs your way. I am so happy to hear that you have 4 snowbabies! that truly is a HUGE blessing <3

Jill- im sending you positive thoughts & sticky vibes! i tried to stay away from HTPs too, but i caved on day 8 lol. i hope your 2ww flies by fast!

sending hugs & warm wishes to all of you <3 xo
February 12th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Veteran
Trigger shot tomorrow and ER on saturday. Any advice for this newbie?
February 12th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Super Mommy
Get your hair colored before your embryo transfer if you color your hair. I have roots and have to wait another seven weeks to highlight Good problem to have though! Just another giveaway like not drinking though.

Good luck!
april18, AKR and Lisa_U like this.

Last edited by flhopeful; February 12th, 2014 at 06:21 PM.
February 12th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Lots of action right now-that's great! Good luck Jill and MissB!

Starting Stim next Wed....can we FF time??
Liyana likes this.
February 13th, 2014, 08:42 AM
dlammers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Got my calendar! Start meds on March 17th. Ultrasound and Lab on March 21st and 24th. Hopefully retrieval on March 26th and transfer on March 31st! Hope everything works out!
*Leah*, Liyana, april18 and 2 others like this.

February 13th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Super Mommy
missB! that's great . my last jurse said, after plunging in the meds, leave the needle in for 10 seconds & then remove the needle. good luck Chickie!!!

Akr- I start on tues !

Danielle congrats on your calendar !

Whitney & Jill- how are you feeling girls? <3

sending hugs to ALL!
Liyana likes this.
February 14th, 2014, 06:26 AM
Super Mommy
Sounds like a lot of action right now! I need to map this all out on a whiteboard so I can keep track of all of your dates and stalk you all!

April - I'm feeling pretty much the same with the sore boobs, a bit of fatigue and intermittent cramps. No morning sickness yet but waves here and there. I have my u/s next Thursday so finally down to less than a week! I am praying all looks well and I can tell my mother. She has been praying up a storm, in her words "storming heaven" for me and this would mean the world to her! I'm tearing up thinking about it
amberbanegas and april18 like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search