Feb/March IVFers and FETers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1271Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2014, 04:02 PM
Super Mommy
Baby, love the pics!!!

Amy, I saw a women and a lil boy today that looked like you and your son (on two different occasions). I know it wasn't you but you must be on my mind to have 2 different places I thought I saw you!

April, I hope the person you contacted today says yes!!!
Baby2014 likes this.
IVF #1: 3/4/2014
Not successful. Refuse to dwell on the specifics.

FET 7/11/2014
Transferred 1 six day 5BB blast embryo
1st beta on 7/21/14 114.7
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S 8/7
Measured perfectly, looked perfect and HB was 121 (I may be bias on the perfect part.)
July 2nd, 2014, 07:35 PM
Super Mommy
thanks Kelkl!!! I hope he says yes too .

how are you feeling Honey? when is the FET scheduled for?!!! EEEK! how exciting <3!

Medicated cycle Sept 2013 Failed Cycle

1st Nov 2013, IVF 16 eggs, 8 fertilized, 2 survived to day 5 - CGH screening
transferred 2 5d embies (2 boys) 12/5/13
no frosties
chemical pregnancy (beta1 25, beta2 39, beta3 41)
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

2nd IVF Feb 2014, 12 eggs, 10 fertilized, 2 survived to day 6 - PGD screening
transferred 2 6d embies (2 boys) 1/7/14
no frosties
beta1 3/17/14 .07 beta2 3/20/14 Failed Cycle

3rd IVF May 2014 ,12 eggs, day 2- 8 fertilized, day 3- 9 fertilized,
day 7 - 0 blasts Failed Cycle

4th IVF Nov 2014, 16 eggs, 10 fertilized (6 Dh & 4 DS), 2 Made it to day 5- NGS screening transferred 2 5d embies (2 girls) 11/13/14
no frosties
beta1 11/21/14 14, beta2 11/25/14 13 Failed cycle
July 3rd, 2014, 09:51 AM
Super Mommy
Baby---The mural actually wasn't expensive really. We paid $170 for it. She worked 14 hours at $10/hour (never took a break either day she was here). The other $30 was supplies she got for the project (brushes, small things of paint for the small areas, etc). We had bought the blue and green so that we could choose the specific shade we wanted. I have enough of the green left over to use in Caleb's room for the baseball field he wants so that serves 2 purposes for us. She did the other 2 walls solid blue so we didn't have to paint those. She free handed every single bit of it. If you lived closer, I'd send her your way. She's super sweet and friendly and does an outstanding job. The pictures really don't do it justice! I'm obsessed with that room. I keep going in there to look at it. Actually I'm fixing to clean the carpet in there and leave the windows open and close the door when I'm done so the heat from outside will dry it quickly so that when Todd gets home he can get the furniture in there. So far my doctors haven't started fussing at me about the amount of protein I need BUT I also haven't seen him in 6 weeks since I saw the other one in his practice 2 weeks ago. I see him the 15th. We get our 20 week u/s then and I'm sure that's when I'll find out all kinds of rules and regulations he's going to throw down on me. I'm dreading that part. I'm still not able to eat much at a time. I've been able to increase to about 4 meals and 3 snacks a day but that's a job. I just simply have to force myself to eat because I'm absolutely NEVER hungry!! I do drink a Boost protein shake every day but that's just 25 grams of protein. One boy and one girl...YAY!!!!!! I'm super excited to see all the girly stuff. I'm going to live vicariously through you on that one!!! I'm in testosterone hell over here, lol!!

KMH---I'll have to look into the protein powder, especially now that our garden is producing all sorts of fresh fruits for me to make smoothies with!! I hadn't thought of that!!

April---Thanks! We absolutely love the painting in there!! As for planning everything out, that's my OCD kicking in. You should see the top of the closet in there. There are boxes labeled both inside and out! For example, in the dresser will be all the preemie, newborn and 0-3 month stuff. In the boxes, on the inside flap, I have 3 month written on the left and 3/6 month written on the right. The clothes are under whichever label they are. The outside of the box is labeled 3 month & 3/6 month. I have this done for 6 month & 6/9 month, 9 month & 9/12 month, 12 month & 12/18 month and then the last box is 18 month+. Everything we've been given is properly stored away. The clothes that are hanging up are color coded (all the blues together, all the red together, etc). Seriously, I'm majorly OCD....although if you walked in my house right now you wouldn't think so because it's a royal mess and driving me nuts! I'm praying had the guy you emailed says yes!! Or maybe I'm just praying hard that you find the right donor SOON!!!

Kelkl---Wow! They say everyone has a twin. That's wild that mine and my son's would be together somewhere!! I told him and he said "Really? I have a twin somewhere? Cool! I wonder if he plays baseball too?" I swear that kid kills me! His latest little thing is that he watched some show or read some statistic somewhere that said something about 14 in every XXX,XXX,XXX (some really outrageously high number that I don't remember) births resulting in a mix up. So all day the other day, every time I told him to do something, he'd look at me and say "But what if you're really not my Mother? Do I still have to do it?" My reply became "if you'd like to have a ride to and from baseball you do!" That worked. He turned it into a big joke. Finally he asked how I would feel if I found out he'd been switched at birth. I told him it would explain alot! He looked at me a second and said "Good one, Mom.....if you're really my Mom!" and walked out of the room laughing. That's still his running joke.

AFM, not much new. Ran errands and paid bills and all kinds of other boring junk literally all day yesterday. We started at 10am and got home at 9pm. BUT, the cell phone bill has been paid and our plan changed so that it'll be $130 less per month now (gotta love having 6 lines...all 5 of us plus my Mom), electric is paid, water is paid, cable is paid, car insurance is paid, taxes & licenses on vehicles taken care of, baseball gear bought, credit card bills paid...well, every bill is paid for the remainder of the month. I love every 6th month when he gets his bonus check!! I get to pay everything at once and not worry about it again all month long. Today is clean the babies room carpet, get the furniture moved in (no, I won't be moving furniture) and sit at the ball park for 2 ball games. Tomorrow is practice with his 2nd baseball team (yes, he plays on 2 teams). Nothing tomorrow night except hopefully sleep! Saturday I get to drive 2 hours to watch him play in a tournament. Sunday is a repeat of Saturday. Monday and Tuesday I get to work at the ball park (they're letting me sit in the air conditioning and keep the score book) to work for the 9U district tournament so that his 2nd ball team earns money to go towards their uniforms and tournaments (the kids will be keeping the fields, picking up trash while parents take gate money and run the concession stand). We get next Wednesday off. Thursday starts his district tournament with his 1st team. After that it's back to working at the ball park for the 10U state tournament. The next weekend I have to drive even further for a weekend tournament. Todd goes on vacation that Sunday so he's trying to get someone to switch with him so he can be off that Saturday and go too. At that point, I'll be 20 1/2 weeks and neither of us are comfortable with me driving that far alone (well, without another driver just in case, obviously my son will be with me). So, if you don't hear much the next couple of weeks, it's crazy busy here! I'll be checking in frequently through my phone though. I just have trouble replying through it sometimes.
2004--divorce
2007--remarried, DH has no biological children
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap
2013--diagnosed with too much damage to tubes, totally useless

IVF #2
3/14/14-- ER, 12 eggs retrieved, all 12 fertilized by ICSI
3/19/14-- ET, 2 Beautiful 5 day blasts transferred, 5 frosties!
3/24/14-- Faint BFP w/FMU.
3/31/14-- Beta = 578!! U/S scheduled for 4/14!
4/14/14-- U/S confirms TWINS!! Strong heart beats, perfect shape and perfect size!
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
11/1/14-- Jacob Roger and Josiah Todd are welcomed to the world!!
July 3rd, 2014, 11:45 AM
Super Mommy
MAJOR meltdown just occurred at my house. I was in the babies room running the carpet cleaner and didn't hear the brand new bottle of fabric softener fall off the stand in the utility room. This is what I found when I heard the dryer go off and went to fold clothes....

Of course the picture is after I moved the hamper, litter box and trash can out of the mess. I cried. Then started cleaning and ended up crying so hard I had to stop. Cried the whole time I cleaned it up. Plus side, the house smells REALLY good!!!
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
4/14/14-- U/S confirms TWINS!! Strong heart beats, perfect shape and perfect size!
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
July 3rd, 2014, 01:03 PM
Super Mommy
Amy- hi Love! ahhh, i'm sorry the fabric softener spilled everywhere . I hope your guys were able to help you get it all cleaned up. I wanted to hug you when you said you started crying.
you seriously amaze me! you do so much for your family, it sounds like you're always on the go. I don't know how you keep up with all of the schedules. I think you're super mom. I also love that the babies closet is all organized & labeled! I wish I was that disciplined. my closet is a wreck :/.
I can't believe how fast your pregnancy is going! how many weeks is a normal twin pregnancy? you're half way there, right?

afm- no word from the donor yet. I sent him an email this morning, apologizing for rushing him, but I need to know ASAP! the clinic called & asked about status, i'm freaking out .
I have dinner with hubby & mom tonight. this is the first time DH will be seeing her since I shared our ivf stuff with her. I hope she doesn't ask him any questions about his infertility.

sending hugs you you beauties!!! XOXO

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

4th IVF Nov 2014, 16 eggs, 10 fertilized (6 Dh & 4 DS), 2 Made it to day 5- NGS screening transferred 2 5d embies (2 girls) 11/13/14
no frosties
July 3rd, 2014, 02:56 PM
Super Mommy
The youngest helped clean it up a little. I did 95% of it. When Todd got home, I looked at him and said I need retail therapy!! He asked where we were going. I told him Just 4 Kids consignment. Walked out of there only spending $21 but getting 11 onesies outfits, 1 pair of pj's, 2 3-piece outfits and a pair of denim overalls! I looooove bargains!! Trust me when I sat in the floor and cried, I could have used a hug. Caleb took off for his bed room until I was under better control. Poor kid didn't know what to do when Mom had a melt down! As for the family schedule...you should see my calendar sometime! And yeah, I'm basically halfway through the pregnancy. He said average time for twin births is 36-37 weeks. He won't stop my labor from 36 weeks on. I'm 18w1d now.

I sure hope he gives you an answer soon! I can't imagine the stress of having to find a donor. Your strength amazes me! Hopefully your Mom will borrow one of those filters from someone before dinner tonight to keep her from asking questions that would be uncomfortable for him. If not, you might invest in duct tape!
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!

Last edited by amymperkins; July 3rd, 2014 at 03:02 PM.
July 3rd, 2014, 03:04 PM
Super Mommy
Oh and here's my calendar for this month...so far!
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
July 4th, 2014, 12:46 AM
Super Mommy
happy 4th Beauties!!!!

I'm glad the youngest was able to help a little & yay for retail therapy! you did so good
I'm sure it was hard for him to see you vulnerable, you're super mom! I wish I could've given you a hug

i heart u Beauties & I hope you all have a happy & safe 4th!

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

no frosties
July 4th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Super Mommy
Happy 4th Ladies!! Hope it's a great day for everyone!!

April, how did dinner go?? Has the guy replied yet?? Tell him the rest of us are getting impatient for his answer too!!

My house still smells really good!! I went out and bought a different stand for the laundry detergent and fabric softener so we shouldn't have any repeat performances. My household can't handle anything else like that. Mom melts down and everyone else ducks and hides! Nothing major going on today. Dropping the youngest at ball practice, running to a friend's to have her hem is new ball pants and then headed to Bowling Green to do some shopping with my Mom. DH will be picking Caleb up from practice so I don't have to rush back. Nothing on the agenda for the afternoon or evening. DH wants to move the baby furniture in so I think we'll spend the afternoon in the nursery!
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
July 4th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Veteran
Hi Girls!

Happy 4th of July! This bed rest crap is for the birds Trying to follow the rules so we can fix this asap. Its raining here so that is helping with the bed rest. We find out next week the results of our genetic testing so we will know what we are having!

Baby congrats on a boy and a girl! How exciting to have one of each!!!! April good luck with the donor. Wonder why he is waiting to get back to you.Hopefully that doesn't mean he has a lazy gene to pass along! Just kidding! Amy still cant believe you aren't eating more. I feel like I can eat everything in site. Especially on bed rest have to watch my calories more.

I ask for some additional prayers, hate to be greedy. My aunt who is like a second mother just recently finished chemo and now had a heart attack. She has bypass surgery next week. She cried when she heard the news about our pregnancy, she never thought she would be alive to see me get pregnant. Just ask you keep her in your prayers.
July 5th, 2014, 12:25 AM
Super Mommy
happy 4th!

Amy- the dinner went well for the most part, there were times when I had to suppress an eyeroll or two. there was 1 time when I told my mom I felt she was being insensitive because she can't understand out struggle. it's hard for me to speak up to my parents, even though I feel like she didn't hear me, it was still a mini victory for me to say that.
as for the donor , I emailed him Thursday morning, but no response :/. i'm hoping he says yes, but i'm worried it's not looking good.

MissB- please don't feel like you're being greedy asking for prayers! isn't that what we're all here for? i'm so sorry to hear she's going through all of those ailments. you're family must be going through a tough time. i'll keep all of you in my prayers.
I hope you won't have to be on bed rest for too long. I know you must be getting restless. hopefully the SCH will resolve itself soon

it was a pretty chill day. I went & had lunch with Dad & DH, then we watched a movie @ dads. poor DH he's always super hot! Dad's AC was out, so we were miserable watching the movie there. I wouldn't have had it any other way though. I feel like he loves the company.

I hope I will get to update you girls with sperm news soon XOXO

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

no frosties
July 6th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Super Mommy
MissB---I agree that bed rest is for the birds!! How are you feeling?? Praying all results are normal and I can't wait for you to let us all know the gender!! I wish I were eating more. I just can't. These boys have everything shoved so tight in there (I'm only 5'0" so there not much vertical torso room). Here's prime example. We went to Wendy's today for lunch. I ordered a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger and value fry. I ate 3/4 of the burger and 3 fries. Then I was so full I was miserable. Blah!

April---Congrats on the victory in speaking up!!! Any word on the donor??

AFM---Drove 2 hours for a baseball tournament yesterday. They lost their first game, had to wait a game and then played again and lost. I debated just getting a hotel room and staying because I was tired and sunburned but I hadn't packed anything at all so I drove home. Caleb was upset about the 2 loses so I had to remind him that those were the first 2 games they've played together, it'll mesh and they'll improve. Got home about 11pm last night and got a text that one of the teams had dropped out and that changed the entire bracket for today's single elimination part and we drew the 9am game...9am their time, as in 8am my time. That meant we had to be there at 7:15 my time and since it was a 2 hour drive, I had to leave no later than 5:15am. So I was up at 4am to stay. I didn't sleep well last night at all (about an hour and a half actually) because of the stupid sunburn. The last hour of the drive I dealt with 4 braxton hicks contractions. I did fine through the first game. They won against the number 1 seed team after coming in as the last place seed. We went to Wendy's for lunch and after lunch I had a few more BH's but they eased up during the next game. They lost that game and were eliminated (if they'd won, they'd have played in the championship game). Drove home and dealt with them about every 20 minutes. Hit the bed immediately when I got home and took a nap. They've stopped but I'm staying in the recliner or bed for the rest of the day. While I was gone yesterday, Todd moved all the furniture into the nursery. It's not in place, just piled in the middle of the room for the moment. He didn't want to actually place it until it was both of us but since he had time after work (no point in him driving that far for just 1 game), he thought he'd get us that far ahead. Had hoped to do that tonight but it'll have to wait until tomorrow. Too tired!!! So, how is everyone else??
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
July 7th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Super Mommy
hey Honey!

I think the donor is a no go. I emailed him on Friday & sunday, but no reply :'(.

i'm sorry to hear about the BH. i'm glad you decided to put yourself on bedrest. I know it must be frustrating, but it's totally worth it right ?
how's Caleb doing? I hope their team is happy that they beat the #1 seed team. that's quite impressive.
your hubby is so great for moving the furniture into the nursery!!! that was so sweet. I hope you get lots of rest!

how are the other Beauties doing?

hugs to all of you!!!

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

no frosties
July 7th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by april18 View Post
hey Honey!

I think the donor is a no go. I emailed him on Friday & sunday, but no reply :'(.

i'm sorry to hear about the BH. i'm glad you decided to put yourself on bedrest. I know it must be frustrating, but it's totally worth it right ?
how's Caleb doing? I hope their team is happy that they beat the #1 seed team. that's quite impressive.
your hubby is so great for moving the furniture into the nursery!!! that was so sweet. I hope you get lots of rest!

how are the other Beauties doing?

hugs to all of you!!!
Well, then I guess he just wasn't Mr. Right for you baby. So, as DH says, time to step back and punt! Do you have any other ideas on who you might ask or are you going to look into sperm banks again? Maybe they've gotten some new donors since you were last looking??? (I can pray that's the case, right?)

Caleb is over the moon! This is the same team that he's played in recent years (that team has been together since they were 8) and we've always lost to them, every single time. So, to beat them on their first weekend together as a team....yeah, it was sweet!!

BH's eased up after I went to bed. The twins woke me up this morning. First time they've moved around with enough force to do that. That was pretty cool. I've been in their room today boxing up more clothes that we were given (and that I bought when I went shopping with my Mom Friday). Now I have an entire basket of brand new clothes to wash as well. These kids don't need clothes for the first 6 months of their lives!!

Keep us posted on the sperm hunt!! Still praying hard!! (((HUGS)))
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
July 7th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Super Mommy
Amy, I am sorry you are already having to deal with the BH's. I love that the babies kicked you so hard they woke you up. I can't wait to feel that in my tummy. Hopefully soon!
april18 and amymperkins like this.

FET 7/11/2014
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S 8/7
Measured perfectly, looked perfect and HB was 121 (I may be bias on the perfect part.)
July 7th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Super Mommy
Amy- yay for Caleb on looking at it with the glass half full!

i'm so glad to hear the BH eased up. even happier to hear the babies are moving around in there!!! you must have woken up with a huge smile on your face.

as for the banks, I think we might take a second look. it can't hurt right?

Kelkl- I hope you get to see what that feels like soon too!!!

sending hugs to all of you girls!!! XO

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

no frosties
July 8th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Veteran
Hi Girls!

So great to hear from everyone. Amy take it easy lady!!! BHs already, 20 minutes apart, not good!!! I should take my own advice sounds like you are right on track to get everything ready in the room! What else do you still need to buy? I started reading some reviews on products and what to buy. So overwhelming with all the stuff out there!

April Im sorry about the donor. Clearly he was not the one. Keep looking, Im sure they are getting new samples every day. I can ask my brother. He's cute, smart, and wonderful personality Im sure he would just die if he knew I was pimping out his sperm on a fertility board.

I am doing well. Still spotting but not that much. It was always light to begin with and not very light. I went back to work Monday and see the doctor tomorrow. Praying she still lets me work. My job will give me some flex to work from home but I really don't want to do that. I feel like I'm going to end up debating her, lol. Hopefully the genetic test results also arrive tomorrow and we know the sex! My aunt is doing ok. They are holding off from the bypass surgery. She has a lot of fluid around her lungs due to poor kidney function due to the chemo. So they gave her a medication to help with the heart and sending her home to get stronger. They will see her again in 6-8 weeks and see if she needs surgery etc. Thank you for the prayers.

ok another family venting story. My family and husbands family did not know we went through IVF. After getting pregnant we told both mom's and I let my family know I was high risk and asked that they kept us in their prayers. A few people privately asked why and I shared because of IVF but not a ton. So my uncle gets on the phone with me and says congrats, so happy etc and tells me how he told my DH he was proud he wasn't shooting blanks. Typical stupid macho guy humor. I was mortified on the phone and bit my tongue so hard to not snap back, hey as* we went through IVF for male factor. Shut up. Then the same night, talking to my husbands family same thing everyone saying how happy but then making all kinds of comments like we were wondering what you guys were waiting for and why it was taking you so long. I said to my husband, I understand keeping it private but at the same time I hate all the comments. I want everyone to know how much we struggled and why this is such a blessing. And to not make it so secretive. But I know he's embarrassed and does't want everyone to know.

Sorry for the long rant, I guess it goes back to the question is it better to talk about it openly or keep it private?
July 8th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Super Mommy
Hey MissB!!! EEEK, I hope you get the gender results tomorrow! i'm so FREAKING excited. I think it's my fave part of the pregnancy story .

oh Love, i'm sorry your Aunt's kidneys are causing that extra fluid. I pray the medication helps & that she's strong & healthy soon! continuous prayers coming your way.

your family story from your Hubby's side hit so close to home. I really want to reach out & hug & your Hubby. my DH's family & I have never been on good terms. i'm honestly surprised they want us to have kids (it's that bad). they think i'm holding up the process. I get so angry!!! I guess I shouldn't because they don't know we've done IVF.

I was lol when you said you're pimpin out your brothers sperm. I just love you girls!!!

I hope all is well with everyone! XOXO

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

no frosties
July 9th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Super Mommy
Wow Miss B, that is hard! I hate when people have no idea what we go through to have babies. Yes, some hear about the horrible shots, mood swings, wait times, etc. but they don't really GET it unless they have gone through it, and often times multiple times! I always ask my husband if he wishes he would have married someone who could have kids naturally and he says, nah, if I would, I am sure we'd have other problems to deal with. I am so self-conscience the problem is me but I guess with females it is never tied to how much of a women I am, like it is for males. You are totally between a rock and a hard spot...I am sorry!
april18 likes this.

FET 7/11/2014
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S 8/7
July 9th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Veteran
Hi Miss B!!! I was not a part of this group (I was an Oct/November girl and now June/July), so I hope you don't mind me chiming in. I saw your story and wanted to say I am so sorry for how awful that was for your hubby. We also have male factor (morphology) and my ovulation is inconsistent I believe, and I think about this a lot. We have been pretty open about IVF... well, I have been open (not hubby), because I want people to know that it's not easy for everyone (for whatever reason) and some women's hearts break for a baby, esp when we hear about others getting pregnant by looking at their husbands, while we struggle so SO so SO much. It isn't fair. I am really sorry, but it seems like you handled it well. My husband finds it so rude when people ask "when are you gonna have kids?"... sending you hugs... Keep your head high!
april18 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search