Feb/March IVFers and FETers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1159Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Super Mommy
Hi Beauties!!! I wish I had donor news, but I have good news. we did the counsyl genetic screening (I think Kelkl did the same one). I am a zero carrier for any of those. so if I do find a donor, that's 1 less test he has to do. Yay for the mini victories!!!

I hope all is well with you Beauties!!! <3

Medicated cycle Sept 2013 Failed Cycle

1st Nov 2013, IVF 16 eggs, 8 fertilized, 2 survived to day 5 - CGH screening
transferred 2 5d embies (2 boys) 12/5/13
no frosties
chemical pregnancy (beta1 25, beta2 39, beta3 41)
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

2nd IVF Feb 2014, 12 eggs, 10 fertilized, 2 survived to day 6 - PGD screening
transferred 2 6d embies (2 boys) 1/7/14
no frosties
beta1 3/17/14 .07 beta2 3/20/14 Failed Cycle

3rd IVF May 2014 ,12 eggs, day 2- 8 fertilized, day 3- 9 fertilized,
day 7 - 0 blasts Failed Cycle

4th IVF in Nov 2014
July 9th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Super Mommy
Kelkl---I'm praying hard you're feeling babies soon too!! Your FET is Friday, isn't it?? I've been stalking the other boards to keep up with everyone!

April---I definitely woke up the other day with a big smile! How could I not?? You're right, it never hurts to look again at the banks. Maybe they've had new donors or maybe someone will jump out at you that didn't before! Still praying daily you find the donor you want and need! (((hugs)))

MissB---Hmmm...still be buy? Mainly the mattresses and bedding. I'm waiting on buying anything else until after the showers. We have a rocking chair but it's not in there yet because it's at my Mom's. It's the same chair that my Grandfather made for her while she was pregnant with me. She's let me use it with all my kids. This time I get to keep up since my oldest will be 19 next month and she figures grandchildren are in my not too distant future (although I'm hoping about a decade, lol). I about died laughing when you said that about pimping your brother's sperm!! I'm sorry you all are dealing with issues with people making stupid comments regarding DH. Why are men less of men if they can't make a baby but women are no less of women? I hate double standards! How is your aunt doing?

Hoping---As I said before, I have been stalking other pages to keep up with some of the girls. I saw you had a BFP this morning! Congrats!!! Like you, I was almost scared to test the next day for fear that the lines wouldn't still be there! But I was 5dp5dt and now I'm 19 weeks with twin boys! The lines stayed and got darker! Praying yours will too!

AFM--Just been busy nonstop. Feeling really good so taking advantage. We finally have the nursery as complete as we can have it right now. The swing will go in the living room. We have the bassinets and a changing table in our bedroom (the changing table will eventually go to the living room). We can't do anything else in the nursery until we get the rocking chair, mattresses and bedding (which includes the window valances).
Looking in from the doorway

Looking in from the doorway....empty spot is where the rocker will go. See the bag in the crib? That's the twins bag, ready for the hospital!

I wasn't fond of having to fit the dresser there but seriously, there's no more room!

Looking from the rocking chair area towards the door.

19 Weeks Today
2004--divorce
2007--remarried, DH has no biological children
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap
2013--diagnosed with too much damage to tubes, totally useless

IVF #2
3/14/14-- ER, 12 eggs retrieved, all 12 fertilized by ICSI
3/19/14-- ET, 2 Beautiful 5 day blasts transferred, 5 frosties!
3/24/14-- Faint BFP w/FMU.
3/31/14-- Beta = 578!! U/S scheduled for 4/14!
4/14/14-- U/S confirms TWINS!! Strong heart beats, perfect shape and perfect size!
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
July 10th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Super Mommy
AMY!!!! hi Love! holy amazingness ! you are such a rockstar. the nursery looks even more wonderful with the furniture in it. you guys did a great job!

i'm happy to hear you're feeling great, I hope it stays that way.

ps, your bump is beautiful!

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

4th IVF in Nov 2014
July 10th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Super Mommy
Hey, April!! Thanks! I'm actually pleased with it (except for not being able to put the dresser where I really want). But as my BFF pointed out, the dresser is super accessible for a quick grab of fresh clothes from either crib. Bump?? Geez, seriously, I feel like it's a mountain. Oh and let me tell you, I about killed someone the other night at the ball park. She asked when I was due (I've started hating that question because of the looks I get when I answer) so I said December 3rd. Her mouth dropped and she said "WOW!! I thought you were due any day now!!" OMG!! Really?? Can't people keep their thoughts to themselves sometimes?? I had to explain it was twins. I'm tired of explaining to rude people. I think next time I'll just say I'm not pregnant, walk away and let them dangle! As for feeling good, still doing ok. Major heart burn today and I am actually starving and what I want to eat....no way!!! I want spaghetti like I need air but there's no way I'm trying that with this heart burn. Oh well. Life goes on, right?

The youngest starts District tournament tonight. Gonna be a long weekend of baseball. Praying they do well!!
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
4/14/14-- U/S confirms TWINS!! Strong heart beats, perfect shape and perfect size!
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
July 10th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Veteran
Hi Girlies!

Thank you all for your supportive comments. I asked DH if he was offended by my uncle's "blanks comment" and he said no. We've been open (well I have been) with a lot of friends. Seems like so many more people are going through infertility. Why so many people now? Or am I just hyper aware? My two friends start this month and they are so scared and nervous. I have their IVF survival kits put together (thanks April for the notebook idea) and included a personal letter. I remember that dark place where your are thinking that time will never come and being so scared of the unknown. Its amazing how a pregnancy can make you forget all that! I'll take a picture of the kits and post them.

Amy, Love the room!!! It is adorable. Can you please do everything for me! Your bump is adorable. I'm still in the awkward extra fat, no bump stage. Though I think I can no longer where my pants.

April congrats on the test. Its the small victories! Remember today you are one day closer to having a baby. Keep hunting your donor is out there.

Hoping, so happy to hear from you! Loved that you commented. Hope you are doing well and congrats on your pregnancy.

I went to the doctor yesterday and had a great appointment! First my SCH has gotten smaller and I'm on pelvic rest and no more bed rest. Wahoo! She expects it to clear up soon. Baby looked fantastic and all genetic tests are clear.

And....... we found out we are having a GIRL!!!!! Holy crap I have never been so happy before. I guess God thought I deserved a cherry on my ice cream for all the pain of IVF. I surprised DH with a purple and pink onesie that said daddy's little girl. It just got real! Trying to resist from buying the whole store. I think I'm going to treat myself with a little shopping
april18 likes this.
July 11th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Super Mommy
MissB, Congrats, congrats and First on the SCH doing so much better. Secondly on the great results on the genetic testing. And thirdly on having a GIRL!! I can't wait to see pics of the kits! What a sweet idea!! Do everything for you?? Ummm....you do remember I have 5 BOYS right??? LOL! I don't know if your little girl would want a lot of blue or farm stuff or trucks and cars or sports!

AFM, trying to get a few things done before DH gets off work. As soon as he gets home and can change clothes we have to head to the funeral home (a lady I used to work with and for, sweetest soul you could ever meet, lost her battle with cancer) for a bit and then straight to the ball park. Night 2 of district tournament. They lost last night so it's do or die tonight since it's double elimination. As long as they win and keep winning they can keep on going. Of course, once he's done with this team, his other team gets into full swing.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
July 11th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Super Mommy
Amy- oh Love! some people can be so rude. I love the idea of you saying you're not preggers lol! I love to joke, my mom thinks its too much. holy cow, when you said spaghetti, I thought, "that sounds so yummy!" DH is traumatized by it. he said his mom made it 4 days a week & he hates the thought of it. spaghetti night in our house was kinda a big deal, it brings back happy childhood memories for me. I'm so happy you're feeling great!!! I hope the heartburn takes it easy on you!

MISSB! congrats Honey! my eyes welled with tears. i'm so happy for you! a little girl. you will have soooo much fun shopping.
i'm glad you're so supportive of your friends. it can be such a lonely process. I can't wait to see the pics of the survival kits!!!
i'm happy your SCH is getting smaller. good news is all around us!

afm- no news yet. still praying the right donor will come to us.

sending love to you girls!

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

4th IVF in Nov 2014
July 12th, 2014, 05:58 AM
Veteran
Thanks Girls! We are so excited! Really trying to not buy everything in site! The news was just the uplift my aunt needed as well. She is home for the hospital. Taking medication to help her breath, get the fluid out and get stronger. If she is strong enough in 6-8 weeks she will then have surgery.

Starting to scope out baby gear. When do you register? i feel like I know nothing!
July 12th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Super Mommy
You can pretty much register whenever you want. You don't have to share the registry with anyone until you're ready to. That's what we did. Then if we found a good deal on something, we just went online and removed that item from the registry. A couple of weeks ago, we agreed to not buy anything and wait until after the showers. Ours are a little earlier than normal because of my high risk of bed rest. We have ours at 26 1/2 and 28 1/2 weeks. So since we're 19 1/2 weeks we don't want to buy anything else, just wait. I check the registries online periodically and see if there's something I've decided I just don't want or that I forgot to add. Plus when we did it early, it helped to walk the store and go up and down the aisles and add pretty much everything so I had a list of needs and wants. Then I removed them as we got them. Was a check list of sorts for me. Now it's down to the actual needs and we'll wait and see what gifts we get.

Glad to hear your aunt is doing better and got to go home. Praying she gets strong enough for the necessary surgery!

April, the heartburn is refusing to let go. I have to say though that all those stupid headaches have eased up since about 16 weeks. I'm going to see if my doctor will prescribe something for it when I see him Tuesday. Suppose to get our next u/s then. I can't wait!!!
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
July 14th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Super Mommy
MissB- I hope the medication works well & your Aunt gets stronger! I was just thinking about here when I was doing the dishes today.

as for registry, I guess target or babies r us? i can't think of any other stores, sorry Love.

Amy- I hope your heartburn gives you a break! i hope your doc can give you something that will alleviate those symptoms. DH has really bad heartburn/acid reflux too. sending soothing vibes to your esophagus

XOXO

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

4th IVF in Nov 2014
July 15th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Super Mommy
hi Beauties! I found 2 more guys that I reached out to. 1 was polite enough to respond to my email. the 2nd guy was very kind in his response & said he would get back to us by sunday at the latest. i'm really starting to freak out! I start my meds 7/31. i'm so anxious!

I hope you're all doing great! XOXO

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

4th IVF in Nov 2014
July 15th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Super Mommy
April, praying that one of the two is Mr. Right!!! Keep us posted!!

Had our 20 week check up and u/s today. I lost 2 pounds. He didn't fuss at me. He said he understands why I'm having trouble eating, to keep eating small amounts as often as possible and to stick with only healthy foods so that we get as many nutrients as possible. Their heart beats were 147 and 153. Jacob kicked the Doppler multiple times. I wasn't shocked! I measure 28 weeks in belly size. No restrictions on my activities. I can keep doing what I want as long as I feel up to it. Rest when I need to. Go back in 4 weeks. Glucose test and rhogam shot that week. Did the quad screen blood test today. Probably won't get reaults until we go back. Both boys looked great on the u/s.

april18 likes this.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
July 15th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Veteran
Amy very impressive on the weight! I go for a check up Thursday and I am dreading the scale. Thank you both for thinking about my aunt! I finally uploaded some pictures to share. April, keep us posted on those donors, fingers crossed!!! I'm still spotting not as much. Over the weekend it went away and then came back a little on Monday. Still feeling good about it, I would just like the restrictions lifted so I can walk outside again. Not gonna lie, I feel like a fatty!

Pictures are IVF survival kits for the girls starting their cycle. The onesie I wrapped up for DH to surprise him on the news that we are having a girl. And my last ultrasound week 14, she has a giant grin.
april18, amymperkins and KristiY82 like this.
July 16th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Super Mommy
omg!!! both of your babies are beautiful!!!

Amy- it sounds like your check up went great! the boys sound very healthy! I wouldn't stress too much on the weight loss. did he give your a RX for your heartburn? I hope it's eased up a bit. DH has such bad heartburn that it keeps him up at night. I hope you're feeling good, you're past the 1/2 way mark right?! holy cow, I can't believe how fast time flies!

MissB- your IVF kits are SO cute & SO thoughtful! I freakin LOVE the onesie. at this point I would love to be a mommy, but I really want a little girl <3. I love that your little girl has a smile on her face. it's so sweet.

well I've asked 2 more people. I've been off of facebook for about a year now. so I've been facebook stalking potential donors. so far, the 1st guy said no, his reply rubbed me the wrong way, but I do appreciate that he even responded to our request. 2nd guy, said he would like to help, but he's out of town. I then asked him when he would be returning to las vegas, but no response. so i'm thinking he doesn't want to do it, but was still trying to be nice. 3rd guy, said he would think about it & get back to us on sunday. 4th guy is super sweet, but stationed out of the country for another 8 months! he's so adorable, & tall! so I looked into international cryo shipping. it's on the expensive side, but I REALLY want a donor that we're comfty with. so I guess, if he says yes, the extra cost will still be worth our peace of mind.

I hope you girls are doing GREAT! sending hugs XOXO

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

4th IVF in Nov 2014
July 17th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Super Mommy
Hey ladies! Finally sitting down at the computer. I have trouble posting from my phone when I'm trying to reply to everyone.

MissB, I LOVE the ivf survival kits! Too sweet...and adorable!! I totally love the onesie! That smile on little one's face is beyond incredible! (Wish my boys would do something other than say "look what's between my legs Mom!" or "get this stupid doppler OFF me!")

April, I was dying laughing over here at the mental image of you FB stalking people, checking out their pictures, discarding this one because he didn't have the right height or that one because you didn't like his chin! I loooove it!! Still praying the right one comes along and says YES!!!

AFM, the babies have been keeping me up at night A LOT! They get mad if I sit at the computer for long because I tend to lean forward (geez, I'm 5'0" tall and have short arms and my belly doesn't allow me to pull up to the desk like I use to). I'm having a lot of trouble breathing if I'm sitting up or standing. My torso is really short so when I say we're measuring 28 weeks, I'm measuring literally a hand's width below my diaphram. I do best when reclining. I figure I have at most another month of being able to drive. My stomach will be touching the steering wheel by then. Some of my maternity clothes have gotten too tight. Seriously? How's that even possible?? Shouldn't they stretch forever?? He did give me an Rx for heartburn...and I keep forgetting to go pick it up. Speaking of, maybe I will text DH right now and ask him to get it on his way home while I'm actually remembering it. (Ok, took a quick moment to do that!) But all those are just annoyances that for some reason are bothering me today. I wouldn't trade any of it for anything in the world. DH starts his vacation tomorrow when he gets off work. The older boys go to their bio Dad's house (if he doesn't back out on taking them like he does a lot of the time). So I think DH and I are heading out when he gets off and going to the lake and camping (we have a camper) for the weekend, just the two of us (well, 4 technically, lol). We usually only take one weekend a year alone and that's for our anniversary but that's not until October 6th and I don't figure traveling is going to be much of an option then so we're doing it this weekend since we have no baseball or other obligations. I'm not sure what we'll do with 48 hours to ourselves! But I love where we go. It's so peaceful and because we're just below the lake's dam and has a river and a creek running around it, it stays about 20 degrees cooler there. We're not taking the boat because I don't want out on the water with the waves and bumps (just as a precaution). But we'll go over to the lake at least one of those days. I can't wait to get in the water and be weightless for a while!!! I'm just ready for some time to relax and do nothing! I think it'll help mentally. Internet through the phone is sketchy is best so I probably won't get to check in on everyone until Sunday night or Monday but I sure hope everyone has a great and enjoyable weekend.

Oh, April, I'm going to send you a private message!
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
July 17th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Veteran
Amy, that sounds like a wonderful vacation, especially for someone as busy as you! I love seeing your growing belly pictures and think you look beautiful.
IVF #1: 3/4/2014
Not successful. Refuse to dwell on the specifics.

FET 7/11/2014
Transferred 1 six day 5BB blast embryo
1st beta on 7/21/14 114.7
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S 8/7
Measured perfectly, looked perfect and HB was 121 (I may be bias on the perfect part.)
July 17th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelkl View Post
Amy, that sounds like a wonderful vacation, especially for someone as busy as you! I love seeing your growing belly pictures and think you look beautiful.
Thanks!! I seriously feel like a beached whale!!!

How are you doing????????
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
July 17th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Super Mommy
Amy- your mini vacay sounds amazing! I think you need some alone time with DH before the babies come . it sounds so beautiful & peaceful <3. I think you should soak up every second!
i'm sorry you're having trouble breathing. that must be so frustrating :/ you poor thing.

i'm going to check your message XOXO

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

4th IVF in Nov 2014
July 19th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Baby2014's Avatar Veteran
Hi ladies!

I'm all caught up and I have started my reply before but never finish before the website wipes my words away! It's a little frustrating to post here! Wish you were all fb friends!

April-any takers? I think of this like the guy who ask 25 ladies out on a date... You ask enough and someone always says yes! Especially because time is of the essence!! Just keep asking and do 10 a day and someone will say yes! Maybe even go on a dating site and ask if anyone would like to contribute NSA... You'd learn just as much as a donor info provides! And being strangers is sometimes just easier for all involved. Just brainstorming!!

Miss B - I adore the smiley U/S!!! How is that possible??!! I can't wait to compare when she is born! Looks like she knows you're thrilled she is a girl! I tell ya, makes me nervous having a girl! So many hormones and if she is like me a little rebellious too!
april18 likes this.
IVF#1 17 snow babies OHSS
4/18/2014 FET (2 Good Embryos) assisted hatching
4/29/2014 First Beta 262.2 finally!!!5/1/2014 2nd beta 698.6 7/1 beta 5915.75/16 1st U/S Twins 119 & 113 heart rates 😱😍
July 19th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Baby2014's Avatar Veteran
Amy- it must feel great to know the nursery is done! What a fun and colorful room! We just bought the second crib from Craigslist for $50 and it matches the one my friend gave me... Well almost identical. My husband says that one looks more cherry than the other but only if you knew... I mean who is going to notice when two little babies are cooing!
IVF#1 17 snow babies OHSS
4/18/2014 FET (2 Good Embryos) assisted hatching
4/29/2014 First Beta 262.2 finally!!!5/1/2014 2nd beta 698.6 7/1 beta 5915.75/16 1st U/S Twins 119 & 113 heart rates 😱😍

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search