Feb/March IVFers and FETers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1312Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Amy- i'm sending you a giant hug right now. i'm sorry those hormones are making you feel that way. through it all you're still thankful & see that it's all worth it. you amaze me . I wonder why he feels so comfortable pressed into your lung like that? thank goodness your friend brought you some oxygen. I think it helps tremendously! when my dad had a heart attack they put him on oxygen. he said it helped him think more clearly & he felt like he slept better & felt more alert after he woke up. I think it will benefit you so much . I hope you feel better soon, physically, mentally, emotionally & spiritually! always praying for you!

Kelkl-i'm sorry you threw up :/. that's never fun. good call on the saltines! you are so prepared, you never know when morning sickness will creep up on you. I hope your morning sickness wont last too long. other than that, how are you feeling?

afm- my donor got back from his vacation, but he hasn't contacted me yet :/. i'm starting to get worried!
warning, i'm going to whine & vent. I went with hubby to his friends house today. his friend broke his front door lock, so DH helped him secure his home while they wait for the lock to come in. DH & his friend were at the front door & I was with his friend's 3 yr old daughter in her room. she was on the top of her bunk bed & the dog came in. I sat down on the floor to pet the dog & she got upset that I started to play with the dog & jumped off of the bed on top of my head. I was dazed & disoriented. I was SO freaked out because of my brain condition. after my bypass surgery it left me with 3 holes in my skull. so i'm always very aware & careful of my head. then I started to worry because she said I hurt her. I was so worried that her dad would believe that I did somehting to hurt her. my head & neck were killing me. I didn't want to over react or worry DH, but I was concerned I had a concussion. thankfully I feel fine now, but apart of me was feeling like I am so not ready for crazy *** kids in my life.

I'm sorry to be so whiney. I hope you girls are doing fabulous & that I can update you with wonderful donor new soon! XOXO

Medicated cycle Sept 2013 Failed Cycle

1st Nov 2013, IVF 16 eggs, 8 fertilized, 2 survived to day 5 - CGH screening
transferred 2 5d embies (2 boys) 12/5/13 no frosties
chemical pregnancy (beta1 25, beta2 39, beta3 41)
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

2nd IVF Feb 2014, 12 eggs, 10 fertilized, 2 survived to day 6 - PGD screening
transferred 2 6d embies (2 boys) 1/7/1 no frosties
beta1 3/17/14 .07 beta2 3/20/14 Failed Cycle

3rd IVF May 2014 ,12 eggs, day 2- 8 fertilized, day 3- 9 fertilized,
day 7 - 0 blasts Failed Cycle

4th IVF Nov 2014, 16 eggs, 10 fertilized (6 Dh & 4 DS), 2 Made it to day 5- NGS screening transferred 2 5d embies (2 girls) 11/13/14
no frosties
beta1 11/21/14 14, beta2 11/25/14 13 Failed cycle

5th IVF May 2015, 13 eggs, 13 fertilized, zero embies on day 5, no transfer Failed cycle

6th natural IVF July 2015, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 eggs fertilized, zero embies on day 5 Failed cycle

7th mini IVF August 2015, 3 eggs retrieved, 2 eggs fertilized, zero embies on day 5 Failed cycle

8th mini IVF Sept 2015, 2 eggs retrieved, 0 eggs fertilized, Failed cycle

9th natural IVF Oct 2015, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 eggs fertilized, 2-4 cell embies 2dt, 1st beta 12dp2dt 162.9, 2nd beta 16dp2dt 2001 BFP
God is SO good <3!!!

July 27th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Super Mommy
I don't think you are being whiny at all!! Please go get checked out if you feel off at all tomorrow. That's scary! I'm sorry your donor hasn't gotten back to you yet. Stay positive, maybe he had to get his errands all caught up before he called you.

The morning sickness comes and goes. Sometimes it is terrible and other times it goes away. I have been getting headaches and sleeping a ton. I feel like such a baby I'm tired all the time but I literally can't go on without a nap. Not complaining though, I'd do anything to make this little bean stick. I read today it is the size of a grain of rice!

Amy, is DH out of the dog house yet?

Talk to everyone soon.
IVF #1: 3/4/2014
Not successful. Refuse to dwell on the specifics.

FET 7/11/2014
Transferred 1 six day 5BB blast embryo
1st beta on 7/21/14 114.7
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S 8/7
Measured perfectly, looked perfect and HB was 121 (I may be bias on the perfect part.)
July 28th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Super Mommy
April, first off, that's not being whiny! I've been whiny, lol. Anyway, that little girl needs a serious attitude adjustment. I have raised 3 VERY rough little boys and not once in all their years, have they done something like that to another kid, let alone an adult. And then to lie on top of it. You should ask my kids what would happen if I found out they lied about something. They'll be happy to tell you! Aside from her complete lack of respect for an adult, how are you feeling today?? Please get checked out!! I'm with Kelkl on the donor. Maybe he just had that typical 5 million things to do when getting back from vacation. I'm STILL trying to get all of it done from camping and the weekend away for baseball. I'd say give him another 24 hours and then I'd contact him. I normally wouldn't say push the issue but time is of the essence here!!

Kelkl, invest in a small trash can and a package of those little trash bags that fit that size and keep it in the car. Put about 10 of the extra trash bags in the bottom of the trash can so that after you have to use one, you can easily replace it. I had to do that with Caleb. Came in very handy! Peppermints were a nifty little thing to have around as well. Not just as a breath freshener for after being sick but it helps with nausea as well. Most dollar stores carry them for $1. Keep up with the saltines or even peanut butter crackers (extra protein) if your stomach will tolerate them. I had headaches nonstop through the first trimester. When they got to migraine strength, a benadryl and 2 tylenol really helped with it. Nap all you want! You have the right! Making a human is exhausting work.

AFM, I managed to survive the ball park and the obnoxious kiddos at the hotel Saturday. One of the other boys, who don't get me wrong, I love dearly, is known for causing trouble. He was going around knocking on doors and running. One of the other Moms and I confined our kids plus the one extra each of us had in our care in the laundry room with us while we washed an entire team's ball uniforms (notice it was me and ONE other Mom washing 13 uniforms!!) so they wouldn't get in trouble too. I put my 2 to bed early and then could NOT sleep. I tossed and turned all night. I was hot. I was cold. The bed was hard. The pillows not comfy. I stupidly didn't want to pack the huge pregnancy pillow. Big mistake! Yesterday they were supposed to play at 9am so we had to be there at 8:15 which meant leaving the hotel by 7:45. Breakfast at the hotel was from 7-10 so that was going to work out well. Where we were was in a different time zone too, an hour ahead of what I'm used to. Alarm goes off at 6:00. I hit snooze twice. I was about to get up and get the kids up and we get the text that all the rain the night before and that was currently going on, had canceled the tournament. I reset the alarm and thought I'd get a couple hours of sleep before heading home. I couldn't fall back asleep so I just got up and got ready, made the kids get up and go eat breakfast and we hit the road to home. Got home in time to change clothes and go to church with Caleb, my Mom, my brother, his wife and my niece. Then out to lunch with them all. Came home and napped about 4 hours with the hubby. Didn't do any housework or any laundry. Just laid around. Didn't sleep well last night but I don't feel so crabby today. I'm taking that as a good sign. I'm working on laundry and housework today, hoping to get it all done between today and tomorrow. Yes, I'm that far behind. Wednesday, I'm making the hubby clean out his closet. He has a walk in closet that we tend to use as the "Crap! Company's coming! Throw it in the closet!" area. It's bad. You can't even walk in there beyond 2 steps. I want the end of the week just for doing nothing. That's my goal and envisioning the light at the end of the tunnel is really helping me keep going today. I finally started crocheting one of the twins blankets and plan to use the end of the week to be able to sit down and do nothing but work on it and hopefully get it done so I can start the other one. Anything involving the twins always makes things seem brighter. As for Josiah, I don't know how he's comfortable like that but these 2 lay a certain way ALL the time! He lays head down on my left side. Sometimes his feet are mid-chest and sometimes they're in my lung. He never curls up!!!! Jacob is just the opposite. He seldom stretches out. He lays curled up, way down low kind of caddy corner on the right side. If I could get my stomach to shift into the open area above him, I might actually have an appetite again! I weighed this morning...I haven't gained a single pound. I stay in the 175.5-177 range every day. I've been eating 2 fiber one protein bars each day as an added source of protein (since I can't stomach the shakes) and for the extra fiber since constipation is an enemy. I have been able to eat a little more the last few days than I had before. Maybe my stomach is shifting.....or they've decided it's a good thing when Mommy is able to eat!
2004--divorce
2007--remarried, DH has no biological children
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap
2013--diagnosed with too much damage to tubes, totally useless

IVF #2
3/14/14-- ER, 12 eggs retrieved, all 12 fertilized by ICSI
3/19/14-- ET, 2 Beautiful 5 day blasts transferred, 5 frosties!
3/24/14-- Faint BFP w/FMU.
3/31/14-- Beta = 578!! U/S scheduled for 4/14!
4/14/14-- U/S confirms TWINS!! Strong heart beats, perfect shape and perfect size!
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
11/1/14-- Jacob Roger and Josiah Todd are welcomed to the world!!
July 28th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hi Beauties! physically i'm feeling much better. my head feels clear & I've come to a realization. I LOVE kids, but it's certain kids I have a hard time being around because their parents let them get away with murder. I would love to be around your boys Amy. I picture them to be rowdy with other kids but polite with adults. you're a great mommy!
emotionally i'm a mess. i had this sinking feeling all night last night. i got up @ 3am & messaged our donor. he responded back & said he'd had a change of heart. he feels like he would be protected (identity, paternity, financially). but after speaking to his girlfriend. she does not want him to share his DNA. i kinda get it, but then i kinda don't. he said this would affect him long term. i said that overall it really wouldn't, if he could see things from our side, we would raise them as our kids, our family. he would just be giving us this gift of being potential parents. i explained that i considered egg donation 6 yrs ago, but the parents wanted the egg donor & the mother to have the same blood type so i wasn't perfect match. i also requested that we Skype, him his girlfriend & me & DH. it's hard to convey sincerity over email sometimes. he said i made valid points & he felt better after messaging back & forth. he's going to get back to me tonight. i pray i have better news for you girls tomorrow!

Kelkl- congrats on your rice baby!!! even though i know the babies are quiet developed yet. i'm picturing a perfect teeny tiny baby the size of a grain of rice. like a baby Thumbelina . i hope you feel better soon! i love your positive attitude. i hope i can be there with you someday <3

Amy- i love your idea on the mini trash can with the bags, it's genius! if & when i get knocked up, i'm going to use that jewel!
i'm so bummed you went through all that just to be rained out. i think you haven't gained a pound because you're SO active! i wish you didn't have insomnia. that's the worst!!! it sounds like you're in better spirits which makes me happy. i hope you're able to get some rest to get a jump on those blankets. that's too sweet <3. i want to learn to crochet!

just typing this post is making me feel better. I've been so down all morning. sending hugs!

AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

4th IVF Nov 2014, 16 eggs, 10 fertilized (6 Dh & 4 DS), 2 Made it to day 5- NGS screening transferred 2 5d embies (2 girls) 11/13/14
no frosties

5th IVF May 2015, 13 eggs, 13 fertilized, zero embies on day 5, no transfer Failed cycle

6th natural IVF July 2015, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 eggs fertilized, zero embies on day 5 Failed cycle

7th mini IVF August 2015, 3 eggs retrieved, 2 eggs fertilized, zero embies on day 5 Failed cycle

9th natural IVF Oct 2015, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 eggs fertilized, 2-4 cell embies 2dt, 1st beta 12dp2dt 162.9, 2nd beta 16dp2dt 2001 BFP
God is SO good <3!!!

July 28th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Super Mommy
I sincerely hope that he has a change of heart. No, that his girlfriend does. That truly seems to be where the problem lies. Or it seems that way anyway. If they skype with you, that would be great. Maybe it will be another way to explain it would be no different than if he had donated at a sperm bank to get paid at some point in his life. He'd have no obligations whatsoever. He'd only be giving the gift of life! I sure wish we lived closer. We have some of DH's frozen and you'd be more than welcome to it. And hey, it's already tested, lol! I'll be saying extra prayers tonight that he agrees!! I sooooooo want this to work for you!! I'm beyond ready for you to join us in this whole pregnancy and parenting journey!! (((hugs)))

My kids are a hoot! Don't get me wrong, they get into trouble as much as the next kid sometimes. Overall though, I'm incredibly proud of them in all ways! They will rough house and carry on with their friends and even with adults that go for that (their uncle is definitely one of them that participates in that). But they're respectful and polite when it counts. All their friends parents brag on them and always welcome them over! I've gotten calls and letters from the school bragging on them over the years. So I can't complain!

I got DH to clean out the closet today! That means tomorrow we can knock out the rest of the house as a team and really, I just need to clean the other bathroom, sweep and mop the living room and kitchen and dust all the rooms. Oh and vacuum the other rooms. And since I'm off the vacuuming and mopping and cleaning the tub duties, that means he gets to do those parts! I won't know how to handle it if I get an extra day to do only stuff I enjoy! And even as I typed that, I realized that I have to go to the high school Thursday to get Caleb's school schedule and on Friday to get Joey's schedule (they do the freshmen Thursday and all the other grades on Friday). But that shouldn't take long either day! And I'm excited to see what teachers they're going to have and what classes Joey is going to get. I hope he gets all of them he wanted so he can enjoy his Senior year. He's my brain child! After this year, he'll have enough dual credit classes under his belt to technically be a sophomore in whatever college he opts to go to. He's also discovered a passion for art in the last couple of years and wants a couple of art classes to balance out the tough ones. I'll have to get some pictures of some of the art work he's done and post them for you all to see. He amazes me!!
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
4/14/14-- U/S confirms TWINS!! Strong heart beats, perfect shape and perfect size!
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
July 28th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hi Amy!!!! I pray they both have a change of heart. I don't know if he feels uncomfty & is using his GF as a scapegoat or if she against it. either way I pray they will bless us with this gift! i'm ready to be apart of the mommy club with you girls!

you must be SO proud when people tell you how well behaved your kids are. I think that's the highest compliment a parent can get!

great job for DH on getting a head start on the closet. I hope the cleaning goes by quickly & with no BH!

I wish my old high school offered more art classes. I love to craft. I've thought about going back to school just to take some art classes, but they're SO expensive. we're going to pinch every penny we have.

thank you for the prayers!!!! sending hugs!!!

AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

God is SO good <3!!!

July 28th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Super Mommy
April, sending you a private message....
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
July 28th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hey Amy! I tried to send a message & I think it got erased, then I sent another one & I can't tell if it went through. I went to my sent messages & all it showed was how many messages I've sent total. can you tell me if my messages went through? xo

afm- I emailed a guy through FB, very polite & heart felt message explaining our situation. he replied with "I don't know you, I don't believe you, don't ever message me again!". I got quiet & DH was wondering what was wrong. so I started to tell him & my voice started to tremble & then the tears came. I just don't understand how people can be so mean. it felt like he kicked me when I was down. I also can't understand why my message angered/offended him.

anyways, sending hugs xo

AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

God is SO good <3!!!

July 29th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
God is so good! he's back on board, thank you Jesus!!! he's going to try to get his SA Friday! I'm so tired from messaging in his time zone, but I couldn't be happier!

AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

God is SO good <3!!!

July 29th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Super Mommy
WHOO HOO!!!!!! I'm soooooo freaking thrilled for you!!!!!!!! One giant step accomplished. Now let's get those results and them be perfect!!!!!

I got your message and replied just before I jumped over here.

As for that other guy, I wish I could say I'm surprised by how he reacted but these days, I'm never surprised by how rude, inconsiderate and hurtful people can be. And truthfully, that's a very sad statement!

I can't quit grinning and apparently I was dancing in my seat because DH just asked what was going on and I had to tell him about the donor. He grinned and shook his head at my dancing. Hmmm....should I be offended???
april18 likes this.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
July 29th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know right?! the power of prayer is amazing! God is so good

we are in a time crunch now! it's totally freaking me out. I wish we could have started this last week. he could've done 2 donations by now. I have the sperm donor contract in place & a medical history profile. the medical history form is 18 pgs long :/. I hope he doesn't mind filling it in.

i'm so proud you ate so well yesterday & kept hydrated! i'm bad about drinking. I put a water alert on my phone to remind me to drink.

i'm ready to be apart of the club
xoxo

AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

God is SO good <3!!!

July 29th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Super Mommy
Definitely in a time crunch but at least he's on board!!! That's the important thing!!! I will be glad when he gets his SA done and it all comes back great so you can officially move ahead!!!

Food and drink hasn't been so great today. I did start the day with 2 slices of toast with peanut butter and jelly (fiber and protein combo) and a small bottle of Gatorade. We had to take my MIL to a doctor's appointment. She took us to lunch first (which was less than 2 hours after I ate). And she killed me by taking us to O'Charley's. I ended up getting the kids shrimp (garlic and parmesan crusted) and fries and added potato soup and caramel pie. Drank water. I ended up bringing more than 3/4 of the food home. Guess what's for lunch tomorrow. I ended up having a large coke on the way home. Now I'm suddenly starving but I'm dying for spaghetti so I'm fixing to get up and cook some supper! Need to get more water or Gatorade in me today though.

Oh, April, got another reply coming to you in private message.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
July 30th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Veteran

Well ladies - We found out last week It's going to be 2 boys for us! I have been so busy lately haven't had time to get one here.

Amy - I hear ya about the hormones and the husband can't do anything right. I am the same way, mine can't do no right no matter what he is trying to do. I feel so bad for him but these hormones get the best of us!

April - So glad you got the donor thing set up. So sorry you were having so much trouble with that. How are you doing?

AFM- I am 21 1/2 weeks today. My sleeping at night is so uncomfortable right now, I knew this would come but didn't figure it would be so soon. At my 20 wk appt last week Baby A was 14 oz and Baby B was 11 oz, so they are almost a pound. Everything is looking good just starting to get wore out quick my body is telling me to slow down and stay off our tractor and lawnmower but its so hard b/c i love to mow but i am done till next year.. ha ha We are actually doing our baby shower Aug 9th due to husbands schedule and everything only other time would have been in October and that's just to close to them being here. Hope everyone is having a great day!
april18 and amymperkins like this.
July 30th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Veteran
Oh the doctor already scheduled our C-Section for November 25. I hope i make it till then
July 30th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Veteran
I just wrote a nice long update and it disapeared. Ahhhh Ok take 2!!!

Hi Ladies, I've missed you all. April congrats on the news on your donor. I am so excited for you. IVF is stressful enough and you have a whole additional element of stress. I hope the rest goes smooth for you!

Amy I hear you on the hormones! I've had a few intense days but trying to go easy on DH. He doesn't know better. I was contacted by someone who created a protein bar for prego women who are going through morning sickness. I will try to find out more info for you and Kelkl. I haven't had morning sickness so not sure if I qualify for the test group.

Overall I have been feeling really good. Def see the belly expanding. I thought I felt the baby kick last night but now I'm wondering if was BH. Amy can you explain what it feels like? Would it be too soon to feel the baby kick at 17.2?
July 30th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Super Mommy
Miss B- my morning sickness is gone. :/ Hoping it isn't a bad sign...guess I will find out on the 7th. So great to hear from you! I love that you are growing a belly! I bet that was a lil kick! How exciting. So looking forward to the possibility of having that...
IVF #1: 3/4/2014
Not successful. Refuse to dwell on the specifics.

FET 7/11/2014
Transferred 1 six day 5BB blast embryo
1st beta on 7/21/14 114.7
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S 8/7
Measured perfectly, looked perfect and HB was 121 (I may be bias on the perfect part.)
July 30th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Amy! lol every time you mention spaghetti I start to crave it lol. holy cow, that is a power lunch. I don't blame you for not finishing it. I hope you're feeling better, & the BH don't give you too much trouble.

Kristi! Congrats to you & your 2 boys! i'm so happy for you. you're so close! good thing you got the nursery done, the names are super cute. I hope you make it to your C section date or super close to. I hope your shower is full great memories

MissB- soory your message erased, uggh that's so annoying.
at first I was SO excited when you said you felt the baby kick!!! then I was nervous after you said it could be BH. I hope it wasn't.

Kekl-I hope you're just fortunate not to have any morning sickness. I cant wait til your US!! it's going to be amazing.

afm- today was stressful, we had a urology appt today. we made it 2 months ago, they called this morning to reschedule for sept! I called & complained. we got in but it was very inconvenient!

as for the donor stuff. my clinic is on drugs! they want him to have a physical outside his ivf clinic, with the doctor's credentials & the doctor's I.D., donor consent forms signed in front of a lawyer. his FDA kit was ordered to be shipped to him today. he can't freeze his 1st sample until he gets the kit, it could take 7 days for it to get to him! he leaves on another trip on 8-18. so I don't know how we're going to get all of our samples on time. I DO NOT want to pay for all of the shipping for 1 vial of sperm :'(. I started crying today. I don't know how everything's going to happen on time.

i'm praying it will all work out.

AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

God is SO good <3!!!

July 31st, 2014, 08:55 AM
Super Mommy
Kristi---Someone else with 2 boys! Yay! I absolutely love the names and the nursery!! So glad to know that someone else's DH can do no right. Mine is still in the dog house but over another issue this time. Uncomfortable sleep, yeah, I understand. Are you having any luck with pregnancy pillows or extra pillows? They're not working for me. Plus I'm up every 2 hours like clockwork to go to the bathroom. Don't you just hate how quickly you can get worn out? Something as simple as folding a load of laundry makes me exhausted! What in the world have you been doing on a tractor and a lawn mower?? That was dangerous...or according to my RE it was!! The bumping could have caused a miscarriage. That was one of the things I was warned about from the get go (because they knew we lived on a farm and I was always on the tractors and stuff). I was instructed to stay off tractors until after the birth. I bet your shower will be great! You will have to show us all the cute stuff you get!! Yay on the c-section being scheduled! I pray you hold out that long. I'm refusing to schedule one. My doctor and I are in agreement that we'll wait and see what position the babies are in as the time arrives. If they both go head down, he's going to let us attempt to do a vaginal delivery. As long as there are no complications and my artificial hip doesn't give me trouble, we can do it. If either baby is not head down or any other complications arise, then we'll do c-section.

MissB---Protein bar for pregnant women? I'm all for that. Maybe you should explain to them that it doesn't necessarily need to be for those with morning sickness but also for those who are unable to eat more than a few bites at a time!! That's my trouble. No morning sickness but these little guys take up so much room, I just simply can't eat more than 10 bites at a time...at that's on a good day! Ok, to explain BH to you. It's a noticeable (but usually not painful, maybe slightly uncomfortable) tightening of the lower abdomen. Usually just lasts about 30 seconds at most. It'll come and go, won't be regular and won't grow in intensity. And I can promise (until you're the size of a beached whale like I am) it doesn't feel anything like the baby moving. The first little movements (and yes, you could feel the baby as early as 17.2) honestly just feels like butterfly wings in your belly. People always told me when I was having my first that it was like a gas bubble but to me, it felt more like the wings of a butterfly just lightly touching the inside of my belly. They definitely over the next few weeks will become more distinguishable. Two weeks ago at our 20 week appointment, I measured at 28 weeks. When Jacob (baby A, the lowest one) completely rolls over, it almost feels just like a BH because his entire body moves along my lower abdomen. But I've learned to tell the difference in the two.

Kelkl---no getting discouraged!!! I had to go read up on the med your on and the slight pink tint is normal with that medicine! Just another week to go for the u/s. I can't wait! My kids go back to school that day so I'll be checking on here all day waiting to see how adorable your little one is!!!

April---I'm sorry I make you crave spaghetti. I'm figuring out that I'm constantly craving pasta of some sort. It doesn't help that there are constantly Olive Garden commercials on my tv. And of course, I have to drive 40 minutes to another town to get O.G. BH's haven't given me too much trouble since the other day. Only had a small issue Tuesday evening after cleaning all day but 10 minutes of laying down resolved them. Your clinic is on crack!! They know all you've been through with this donor business and now they want all that additional crap?? Make a deal with you....you punch the person you offered to punch for me and I'll punch the people at your clinic for you!!

AFM---I'm still at odds with DH over how his family has been acting about the stupid baby shower they're doing for us, one that I have no interest in attending because of how things have gone lately. He's made one statement to his sister and one statement to his Mom and neither of those were a very direct statement and both acted like he didn't speak. I think it's going to come down to me saying something and if that happens....well, it won't be pretty! Yesterday wasn't a smooth sailing day. I was sitting on the couch, kind of leaned against the arm with my legs tucked under me (meaning my right side was more stretched out than my left) and was watching Bill Engvall and Jeff Foxworthy with my youngest and while laughing, it felt like a muscle on my right side pulled. I had to change positions immediately. The rest of the day, it was sore and tender. Today it's just tender. It didn't help any that Jacob turned into a UFC fighter last night and was kicking and punching right on that spot! But then this morning, the babies gave me one hell of a scare!! Every, and I mean that literally, time I get up to go to the bathroom, when I lay back down, they move around and get themselves situated in there. I always have to wait until they get comfortable before I can go back to sleep. This morning...nothing!! Not a single movement. I about flipped out. I gave them 10 minutes and then I whipped out the doppler. As is normal, they immediately began kicking up a storm and didn't want any part of that! Took another 10 minutes to get my heart rate back to normal. I guess that's just one of many scares they'll give me during their lifetime!!
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
July 31st, 2014, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Amy! i'm sorry you pulled a muscle. I can't imagine what that would feel like pregnant. there is already extra stress on your abdomen. I hope it heals quicky!
as for the boys giving you a scare! that would scare me too! they were probably in a deep sleep after partying all night lol.

afm- I have some really heart breaking news. our donor backed out around 2am. he said after praying some more, he didn't think it was a good decision & he will pray that we get pregnant. I guess i do appreciate him telling us today, we were supposed to start meds this morning. but I asked him 2 nights ago for his address to ship the FDA lab kit, then I asked him again yesterday. he gave me the address & i told him this kit will be shipped out to you today. In my reply to his "drop out" message, I did address that I was very unhappy about the FDA kit. the shipping for the kit to him is 300!
I feel bad but I was so upset that i woke DH up in tears @ 2am.
then I emailed my coordinator & told her our donor backed out. we're waiting to hear from the office manager of the clinic to see if they'll keep 1000.00 of our funds for backing out of this cycle.

now I have to have faith & pray that God brings me "the one"

sending hugs

AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

God is SO good <3!!!

July 31st, 2014, 10:50 AM
Super Mommy
OMG!!!! I'm SOOOOOOO sorry!!!!!!! What about back up guy???? Is that still an option?? I wish I knew what to do to help!!!! (((HUGS)))
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search