Feb/March IVFers and FETers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1165Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2014, 02:42 PM
Regular
Amy- The body pillow helps some it did more earlier in the pregnancy but i notice now it is not as helpful. I went and bought a wedged pillow and it didn't help at all My doctor says the Tractor is fine to be on till he tells me otherwise he says just use common sense. I go very slow so i am not bouncing around everywhere, but my body is telling me its time to stop. I get very wore out also it doesn't take much and i am exhausted. I think i have figured out that i need to take a nap when i get home from work then get up and do things b/c I have been going to bed at like 7 but wake up around 8:30 ready to go.. ha ha.
July 31st, 2014, 06:19 PM
Veteran
Kristy congrats on twin boys and glad to hear you are listening to your body!

April I am so sorry. I wish you could tell us all what features you are looking for so we can help recruit a donor. Any update on your deposit? I feel like all these experiences you are going through are going to help you find the one. Something good is going to come out of this!

Amy thanks for helping BH to me. I'm still not sure. It def feels stronger then butterfly wings. Almost a combination of a gas bubble and muscle tightening. Its usually 3 or 4 times in a row and thats it. Im going to be a worry wart till this baby arrives and then Im going to stress all the time about her after she arrives!

Kelkl glad your morning sickness has gone away!!!!!! So excited for you to have your ultrasound!

Well girls its almost friday, wahoo!!!!
August 1st, 2014, 04:36 PM
Super Mommy
Hi Amy- I just have to think that even though I though he was an answer to my prayers, God has someone else in store for me. after consulting with our doctor, the back up option is out. it was a bit over my head, but long story short, we're not moving forward with the back up donor. hugs!!!

MissB- you are too sweet! I appreciate your kind gesture, but I can't quite place my finger on it. I just see someone & I feel comfortable asking them lol. it's like their profiles are more approachable. although I have been wrong. I've gotten a couple of angry replies in the process that made me cry.

today is a much better day. mom asked her friend, I've never met him, we'll just call him Gus. so she asked Gus if his son would be interested, he said his son is serving in the army overseas right now, but he had this guy in his hiking group that would be a great fit. so Gus took the hiking club guy out to lunch & asked him. this punk kid cussed him out . who does that?! last night Gus called my mom & said he still wanted to help & his co worker would be perfect, but he's on vacation for the next 4 days. he said he will still ask his son & if they both say no then he wants to donate lol. he told his daughter about asking her brother & she got so angry & they got into an argument. why does this subject make people mad? I just think after all of that drama, he's such a sweetheart! it just made me feel cared for even though he doesn't know us. then there is another guy we asked a couple of weeks ago but just replied this morning. he's a bit shorter than my DH, but he has green eyes . that wasn't on our required list, but I'll take it a bonus! he's married which i didn't know! but he said "i need to talk this over with my wife, BUT very open to it. i will get back to you after my classes ASAP." i'm feeling much more optimistic today!

I gotta run to get my haircut
XOXO

Medicated cycle Sept 2013 Failed Cycle

1st Nov 2013, IVF 16 eggs, 8 fertilized, 2 survived to day 5 - CGH screening
transferred 2 5d embies (2 boys) 12/5/13
no frosties
chemical pregnancy (beta1 25, beta2 39, beta3 41)
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

2nd IVF Feb 2014, 12 eggs, 10 fertilized, 2 survived to day 6 - PGD screening
transferred 2 6d embies (2 boys) 1/7/14
no frosties
beta1 3/17/14 .07 beta2 3/20/14 Failed Cycle

3rd IVF May 2014 ,12 eggs, day 2- 8 fertilized, day 3- 9 fertilized,
day 7 - 0 blasts Failed Cycle

4th IVF in Nov 2014
August 2nd, 2014, 03:20 AM
Veteran
hi ladies! I've been awake since 5am. Got up to pee and now can"t sleep Confession time... just had a slice of cold pizza and it's only 6:15am. It tasted so good. So just catching up on things as DH snores next to me.

April, sounds like you have some new prospects. I guess if a complete stranger approached my DH and asked for his sperm I would freak out ( to him not to her) but if we had a connection of a mutual friend I would be more open to it. I guess because it would seem more legit. Does that make sense? Did you hear back from the clinic on your deposit? hang in there!

Someone just told me you can't use bumpers on cribs. I feel like I know nothing. Anyone have any resources to read up on the do's and don'ts?

Enjoy the weekend!
August 2nd, 2014, 07:45 AM
Super Mommy
MissB, the whole not using bumpers is a new thing. My oldest 3 all had them in their cribs. I just removed them when they started rolling because I was always afraid they'd smother in them. Technically you can use them. Just be smart about how long they stay in the bed. They do make breathable mesh bumpers now though. I know Babies R Us carries them. I added them to our registry in a neutral color that would go with their bedding (even though their bedding comes with bumpers). A lot of parenting is basic common sense, honestly.

Cold pizza....that sounds yummy right about now!!! Maybe I'm just hungry, lol!!

April, I'm with MissB, I'd flip out if someone asked DH for his sperm but only to him. At least if it were a stranger. If there was some form of connection, probably not. He has killer blue eyes and I'm praying hard that these boys get their Daddy's eyes and not my hazel eyes. At the same time, I don't like the dent in his chin so I want them to have my chin. But those are superficial things in the long run to me. I mean, I love my DH and he loves me so obviously the chin and eye color won't matter in the long run as to how their lives turn out. What's the word from the clinic about the deposit?
2004--divorce
2007--remarried, DH has no biological children
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap
2013--diagnosed with too much damage to tubes, totally useless

IVF #2
3/14/14-- ER, 12 eggs retrieved, all 12 fertilized by ICSI
3/19/14-- ET, 2 Beautiful 5 day blasts transferred, 5 frosties!
3/24/14-- Faint BFP w/FMU.
3/31/14-- Beta = 578!! U/S scheduled for 4/14!
4/14/14-- U/S confirms TWINS!! Strong heart beats, perfect shape and perfect size!
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
August 2nd, 2014, 04:00 PM
Super Mommy
Hey ladies. We are headed to the ER. BH's have been a constant companion today and I swear I've done nothing strenuous (haven't even done much of anything at all) the last couple of days. Anyway, they started getting painful and were coming about every 6-7 minutes. Called the doctor. Gotta report to the ER but they'll send me up to L&D to get checked. Scared out of my skull at the moment!! We aren't telling family until we know what's going on. They're gonna be ticked off but I don't want everyone up there getting on my nerves and making the situation worse. On a plus note, both boys are highly active today. Let you all know when we know something.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
4/14/14-- U/S confirms TWINS!! Strong heart beats, perfect shape and perfect size!
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
August 2nd, 2014, 06:17 PM
Veteran
Oh no Amy! I hope everything is ok. I am sure it is but glad you are getting checked out. Please keep us updated when you can.
IVF #1: 3/4/2014
Not successful. Refuse to dwell on the specifics.

FET 7/11/2014
Transferred 1 six day 5BB blast embryo
1st beta on 7/21/14 114.7
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S 8/7
Measured perfectly, looked perfect and HB was 121 (I may be bias on the perfect part.)
August 2nd, 2014, 06:50 PM
Super Mommy
Spent time hooked up to monitors. Babies heart rates stayed in the 140's and they showed no signs of distress. All lab work was normal. Cervix still perfect. Was given meds when I got there which had contractions to every 35 minutes. They're about 45 minutes now. Bed rest until I see him. Suppose to call Monday for a Tuesday appointment. The boys have been crazy active since we left so I just keep talking to them and telling them that scaring Mommy isn't funny and as anxious as I am to hold them they have several more weeks to stay put!
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
August 3rd, 2014, 04:43 PM
Super Mommy
MissB- cold pizza sounds so yummy! we had pizza yesterday, maybe i'll have some later . they guy that freaked out was approached my mom's friend, poor guy. he was trying to help us then he gets cussed out by his hiking buddy, then yelled at by his daughter . as for the married guy, him & his wife emailed us on Friday. they said they were interested but still need some time to think things over. they were curious what made us reach out to them. so we replied back & are eagerly waiting to hear back from them. I feel bad because I didn't know he was married. there was no indication on his FB profile.
as far as our clinic goes, we're hoping to hear back from them tomorrow.
i'm sorry i'm not very informed when it comes to the baby registration. I always thought baby bumpers were a standard crib accessory. I didn't know they were a potential hazard. thanks for the info! xo

Amy- Oh Love! your message was scary. i'm sorry the BH are getting that intense . I'm so happy that the lab work was normal & cervix & heartbeats are looking good! I will be praying for you & the babies. I hope the doc can offer some new info that will help reduce the intensity & frequency of the BH! my goodness how scary! how is DH? did he handle it ok?
lol on a side note I hope the babies have his eyes & your chin <3. I think about if DH & I will be able to have our own babies & what they would look like .
we are hoping to hear back from our clinic tomorrow. it's seems like it's hard to get any info when they're cycling.
sending you lots of prayers & hugs!!

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

4th IVF in Nov 2014
August 3rd, 2014, 07:31 PM
Super Mommy
Apparently I suck at following directions. Bed rest lasted until this morning when I decided I just REALLY wanted to be at church. We've already put the shower chair back in the tub because sometimes standing long enough to take a shower bothers me so I did sit to take my shower. I had Caleb bring a chair into the bathroom for me to sit in for getting dressed and combing my hair. I only pulled it into a ponytail. Didn't spend any time fixing it. I had Joey (the middle son) drive me to church. He has a permit and his driving scares me so maybe I should have driven myself. Anyway, I sat through the entire service, didn't even stand for singing. It was a thoroughly encouraging service! I'm beyond thrilled I went. Then Joey drove me home. Now, let me say that doing this brought about World War III at my house. Todd flipped his lid. (He was at work during all of this.) I let him rant, rave, yell and throw a fit. Then made him madder by immediately telling him "let me tell you all about the service this morning!" and then filled him in. The more I told him, the more he mellowed. I don't know if the mad just wore off or if he saw that mentally and emotionally it was EXACTLY what I needed and he admitted I took every precaution I could possibly take and wasn't up and moving around much more than I would have if I'd been at home and taken a shower and sat around watching tv. The only additional "up" time I had was walking to the car, from the car into the church, from the church to the car and back into the house. And if I'd been home, I'd have walked half of that going to the bathroom probably. Then his Mom and sisters called and wanted us to come down to my MIL's house (she lives about a football field away here on the farm) to see how his one sister makes and cans her homemade spaghetti sauce. Remember, they don't know about the BH's or about the ER trip. So we went. I sat the ENTIRE time. Claimed I was just tired and battling heartburn. They never questioned it. I did try the sauce and OMG! I'm NEVER buying store bought again!! She let us have 5 quarts and gave us the recipe and directions so we're going to make a bunch more in a couple of weeks. Came home and laid around. No BH's at all today! Not a single one. My mood drastically improved over what it has been the last couple of weeks. I've promised I will do nothing tomorrow and will keep that promise. Honestly, church was exactly what I needed this morning, in more ways than one. Oh! The twins LOOOOOVE the music at church!! Every time the piano played and people were singing they were moving around and being highly active. They slept through the preaching, lol. I put headphones around my belly this evening and played music and they were all over the place. Totally cool!!
april18 likes this.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
August 3rd, 2014, 08:06 PM
Veteran
Yay!!! So happy that your BH's stopped. Sometimes you know what you need and it sounded like church was just that! It sounded like a great service and I am glad the babies loved the singing/piano playing. I am also glad your appetite is coming along! I know nothing about twins...when do they say it is 'ok' to deliver them? Not like that is going to happen, I just don't know anything about birth. I won't let myself do too much research until I get out of the first trimester. I am six weeks today. Half way there.
IVF #1: 3/4/2014
Not successful. Refuse to dwell on the specifics.

FET 7/11/2014
Transferred 1 six day 5BB blast embryo
1st beta on 7/21/14 114.7
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S 8/7
Measured perfectly, looked perfect and HB was 121 (I may be bias on the perfect part.)
August 3rd, 2014, 08:10 PM
Super Mommy
With twins they won't stop labor (or mine won't anyway) at 36 weeks (that's November 5th for us even though our due date is December 3). At 24 weeks (August 13th for me) they are at their viability date, meaning if they are born the hospital will do all they can to help/save them. Prior to that, they won't do anything. I'm counting down to 24 weeks!! Just another 10 days (almost 9). I can't believe you're 6 weeks already! Time flies!!! But wait, it seems to be dragging for me, lol.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
August 4th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Super Mommy
I have just experienced the hardest part of being a parent. My oldest came to talk to me today about moving out and renting a house with 2 buddies. Talk about something that will knock the breath out of you and make your heart stop all at once. The conversation didn't go too well. Mainly because I started rattling off expenses he would never have thought of. I mean, there's not a shampoo fairy or soap fairy or any other fairy. Groceries have to be bought. Food has to be cooked (and he can't cook anything beyond ramen noodles). Laundry has to be done (and he can't). He also was quite surprised to learn that I wouldn't continue to pay his cell phone bill or car insurance just because he moved out. He didn't like hearing that if he's mature and responsible enough to live on his own, it means doing it ALL on his own. He's mad at me now.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
August 4th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Regular
Amy- How are you feeling today? Have you heard from your doctor?
August 4th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiY82 View Post
Amy- How are you feeling today? Have you heard from your doctor?
Feeling really good today! Go see him in the morning. I'm bored out of my skull so I am planning on getting up and cooking supper in just a bit. I've been craving fried pork chops, fried potatoes and chocolate cake with homemade peanut butter icing ALL day!! So that's definitely on the menu!!!

How are you feeling?
KristiY82 likes this.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
August 4th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Regular
Oh that sounds so delicious I am good I finally felt the first hard kick yesterday it was so cool. I have one placenta on top and one on bottom so they have to kick through it then my skin so i haven't felt alot of kicks just flutters. So that was pretty exciting for me
amymperkins likes this.
August 4th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Super Mommy
Both of my placentas are low. They do a GREAT job of kicking through everything!!
KristiY82 likes this.
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
August 4th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Super Mommy
Amy-my goodness it's been an eventful weekend for you! i'm sorry DH got upset you went to church . it comes from a place of love, I hope his delivery wasnt' too harsh. I love that feeling when you feel like you're getting spiritually fed! it sounds like service was just what the doctor ordered. any word from the doc? i'm glad you've committed to not doing anything! it sounds like the resting did you A LOT of good! no BH is wonderful to hear from you.

sorry to hear about your oldest son . i'm sure that was a tough pill to swallow. it's ok if he's mad right now. you told him some important info! I know it's a serious subject but I thought it was cute when you were talking about the shampoo & the soap fairies. I couldn't help but smile.

Kristi- congrats on feeling the first kick!

afm- no news from my clinic yet & no donor news either. sending hugs to all of you beauties!!! XOXO
amymperkins likes this.

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

4th IVF in Nov 2014
August 4th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Super Mommy
To be honest, I've only seen him that mad one other time. I wasn't on the receiving end the other time. I wasn't real thrilled to be on it this time. His delivery was less than stellar. I think the fact that I just sat there and let him rant and rave made it worse. I just didn't see any point of interrupting him. For starters, I thought he should express whatever thoughts he was having (although he could have done it a little quieter). And secondly, I was NOT going to apologize for going. I did apologize for causing him concern but refused to apologize for actually going.

Cooked supper tonight. Ok, it was an all day process. I put some fresh green beans from the garden on to simmer for about 6 hours. I only had to periodically go stir them and add more water. Supper ended up consisting of fried pork chops, fried taters (it was not eat healthy night at my house), green beans, corn, peas and pinto beans. For dessert, I made chocolate cake with homemade peanut butter icing. Then I begged and pleaded with the twins to please let Mommy eat! I give them credit that they let me finish off my pork chop and pinto beans (I ended up eating those first since they would be highest in protein) and half of everything else on my plate. I cut me a small piece of cake and after 2 bites, they both shifted low and I was suddenly STARVING!! I finished off the cake and then ate another pork chop. I like when they move low and my stomach actually has room to hold food!! Of course, I'm miserable now but it was delicious!!!!

Keep us posted on what you hear from the clinic and donors!
2004--divorce
2008--tubal reversal
2011--lap

IVF #2
6/11/14-- TWIN BOYS!!!!
August 4th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Veteran
Hi Girls!

Wow Amy quite a weekend! Glad you are feeling better and take it easy, keep those babies baking. A friend of mine had her twins at either 26 or 28 weeks about a month ago. They are in the NICU still but still really well. I'll PM anyone who wants to see their transition video. Glad you are able to eat more, so far I haven't had that problem. I guess a good thing.

April sorry no news. I feel like this married couple might be the blessing you have been praying for!

Kelkl when is your ultrasound?

AFM, doing well. I have been having cramping on and off. But I think its my uterus expanding. I'm starting to show more. And I feel like I've had cramping on and off this whole pregnancy so trying to not stress.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search