Feb/March IVFers and FETers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1271Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2014, 09:40 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Anyone have a cycle coming up??

My retrieval is scheduled for the week of March 31st. I had this EXACT same cycle last year with my M/C. Not sure how I feel about this. But they are closed the 2 weeks before...Spring is all about new life and I hope this is a good season and finally my time!!

I'll be doing an estrogen priming protocol and then Bravelle, Menopur and Ganirelix like my last couple cycles.

Right now I'm juicing, trying to eat better, lose weight, get my blood moving through exercise and organize my house lol...while I wait.

I cancelled my January cycle. My head and heart weren't in the right place in December. I had a rough month with my two December due dates passing and I still wasn't pg. I was put on Zoloft. I'm feeling a little better, not crying and as upset. I know waiting was the absolute right choice for us. I want to make my last cycle the best one yet.

I'm taking a bunch of supplements, Vit D3, Myo inositol, cod liver oil, Alpha Lipoic Acid, pine bark extract, bee pollen/propolis and prenatals.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

January 14th, 2014, 09:59 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Just want to wish you the best for this cycle, Leah! Hopefully this spring you'll be blooming with a sweet little one
*Leah* and april18 like this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 14th, 2014, 10:30 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
YAY! I wish I was in this group! I know that it is going to be AWESOME! I was wondering when someone was going to make it!
Leah- I wish you the best of luck! You have always been so kind and thankful. Good Luck my Dear!!!!
april18 likes this.

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
January 14th, 2014, 10:35 AM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Good luck, Leah!
*Leah* and amberbanegas like this.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
January 14th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Super Mommy
I'm sort of in this group...My retrieval is tentatively scheduled for January 25th so I guess I'll find out around then if we're transferring in January or screening and waiting to transfer until February. Of course, I could end up in March or after since you never know how it will go. Has it ever worked the first time for anyone on here? I read all these jokes about "So you really thought it would work the first time? That's cute." I really want to believe it will only take one time...

Right on Leah! Spring is all about new life! It sounds like you made a great decision to wait a bit for your last cycle :-)
amberbanegas likes this.
January 14th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Super Mommy
hi Leah!!! i give you a lot of credit for waiting. i love that you listened to your body & because you waited your body will be ready to take in that baby! its gonna work

i will be cycling with you! getting my calendar today (i think)

sticky thoughts & baby dust to you wonderful girls!
January 14th, 2014, 08:15 PM
FlHopeful- I think that it does for some people. I have seen people on this site that only did it once Also I have 2 friends IRL… Theres worked the first time. And… mine worked too! It just didn't make it Stay positive!!! And drink a lot of water… And keep your feet warm!

January 14th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhopeful View Post
I'm sort of in this group...My retrieval is tentatively scheduled for January 25th so I guess I'll find out around then if we're transferring in January or screening and waiting to transfer until February. Of course, I could end up in March or after since you never know how it will go. Has it ever worked the first time for anyone on here? I read all these jokes about "So you really thought it would work the first time? That's cute." I really want to believe it will only take one time...

Right on Leah! Spring is all about new life! It sounds like you made a great decision to wait a bit for your last cycle :-)
My first IVF I got 4 eggs. 3 fertilized...2 transferred and my little girl is in my siggy! She'll be 3 in a couple weeks! My 2nd Ivf worked and I saw the heartbeat....but sadly lost it at 9 weeks.....but it does and can happen on the first try!!! I have a friend get 30 eggs, only one fertilized and she has a gorgeous son....second fresh IVF gave her another son...with frosties!!
april18 likes this.
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?

January 15th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Super Mommy
It's so good to hear of these first time successes! TTC has been so brutal up to this point that I'm not sure how I would handle it not working. But I'm not going to worry about that right now...staying positive!

What's this about keeping your feet warm?
amberbanegas and april18 like this.
January 15th, 2014, 09:58 AM
dlammers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I will be in this group. I am waiting for AF, then will start bcp next cycle. I am very new at this and don't know a whole lot. I still have to have blood work and a sonohystogram next cycle, but they are saying that I can do it all in one cycle.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do in these next couple months to help everything go smoothly and keep me sane? I want everything to happen right now...I am not a very patient person!!!

January 15th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Super Mommy
I'm a total rookie too when it comes to IVF so I can't help much with advice but am excited that there are a few of us in this group! Keep us posted on your tests!
Tanyapisa likes this.
January 15th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Have you ever heard the term "Cold feet, cold uterus"? Have you ever wanted to have sex with cold feet? (NOT ME!) My doctor makes a joke about it with me… But I think that it is TRUE! LOL! Your body is trying to warm your feet opposed to more blood flowing to the uterus… Maybe it is true!

Gatorade too!!!
april18 likes this.

January 15th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Super Mommy
I've never heard that term before but hey, I'm stopping to buy slippers on my way home tonight! My hands and feet are always freezing.
amberbanegas and april18 like this.
January 15th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Super Mommy
welcome Danielle! I am in the same impatient boat . I wish I was doing my ER this month!!! mine will be at the end of feb.

my feet are always cold too! im wearing socks & slippers right now. when I start next month I think i'm going to make an extra effort to keep my feet warm.

are any of you girls taking additional supplements besides folic acid & prenatal vitamins?

XOXO
amberbanegas likes this.
January 16th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Looks like I will be in this group (fingers crossed) As this moment I think we will be doing our first cycle of IVF beginning in Feb or March. My birthday is the 21st of March so getting aBFP would be a wonderful birthday present. I am doing an antagonistic protocol.
april18 and flhopeful like this.
January 16th, 2014, 07:46 AM
So right now I just take a prenatal (whenever I remember). Would you all suggest taking any other to prep my body?

January 16th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Veteran
Hello Girls! I am back and in this group to try for baby #2 - transfer on calendar tentative for first week of February! ;o)

Small background on me, going through IVF due to male factor issues. Did our first fresh cycle summer of 2011, was pregnant but sadly miscarried at 7 wks (did not find out until 9 wks.) We had two frosties from that cycle, went back in Feb 2012 for the first one, which gave us our beautiful daughter who is now 14 months old. We already went back for our last frosty Nov 2013, but that was a BFN, so back to a second fresh cycle I go!

I actually start my injections tonight and go in on Monday for my first monitoring appointment to see how things are going. I am excited but also a little nervous as the last time I did a fresh cycle, I miscarried. I am trying not to relate them, but am finding that a little hard to do at times.

Having been through it before, I feel like I am a little bit more laid back about things, in the sense I am not putting too much pressure on these first few attempts of trying again, as everything has to be just right. I always prepare myself for the worse case scenerio to protect myself, which isn't always the best but it helps me stay more realistic/logical, if you will.

Of course, with that said, we want it to work every time we go through this, that is a given! I send positive vibes to everyone as they start a new journey!!!

Welcome back Leah!!!!!

Welcome back Leah!!!!!

I might be in the wrong group, but I think everyone in the other group is at the end of things, so I figured it would make more sense to join here - hope you girls don't mind ;o)
*Leah* and Katie L like this.
January 17th, 2014, 12:01 AM
Super Mommy
welcome to this cycle Watkinskris & Prendy09!!!!

Danielle-I was just curious if there was anything else I could be doing to prep. I soooo want it to work this time .

cheers to oct/nov babies!
January 17th, 2014, 08:03 AM
So I am finally on CD 1! Last cycle was a 71 day cycle. I am doing my CD 3 bloodwork on Sunday. Start bcp tomorrow. I have my sono and DH's SA on January 28th. The nurse said we are on the schedule for the next IVF, which is March and that is what we were hoping for!!! Everything is falling into place and I am so excited!!!
swtneka, april18 and flhopeful like this.

January 17th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhopeful View Post
I've never heard that term before but hey, I'm stopping to buy slippers on my way home tonight! My hands and feet are always freezing.
I do too! My acupuncturist said to never drink water with ice....eat warm foods, soup, pasta, anything heated up...warm tea, cocoa etc.... I have hot booties haha, they are microwavable slippers that warm up and are sooooo awesome for feet I put them on before bed. Per my acupuncturist, there is a correlation between warm feet and it warming your uterus.

Also, if none of you have heard of them before, there are IVF meditation DVD's from anji online that are great. I listen to them before bed. There are a couple different onces depending on where you are in your IVF cycle....during stims, after retrieval and then after transfer and in the TWW....

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
april18 likes this.

« IVF Virgin | TTC by IVF | - »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search