IVF Virgin

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree93Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Veteran
Hi Ladies

The 3 embryos are preogressing well. 2 look really good and 1 ok. We will see how they are tomorrow for transfer day. At that point will make a decesion to do 1 or 2. Since this is my first IVF cycle, I think my doctor wants to do 1. But we will see!

April so exciting to start stims. Hoping you don't have any side affects.
Lisa, are you close to your ER?
February 17th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Veteran
Well ladies I had another monitoring appt today. And my follicles are all growing really well the largest one on the right side was 19.62 and I have no idea what the smallest was because they only measure the 10 largest. On the left side it was 18.45. I actually have to do STIMS AGAIN tonight!! I don't understand why my estrogen level has now gone to 5200 and they have changed what my trigger med is going to be because they are worried about Hyperstimulation....ok here comes the news I HATE ...I won't be able to do a fresh cycle :'( They said that my progesterone level has started to creep up so they want to freeze ALL my embryos!! I am really upset about it. I don't know anything about a FET :/ guess it is time for me to start researching it.
February 18th, 2014, 05:33 AM
Veteran
thats really tough news, I'm sorry Lisa. But better to freeze them and have your levels right then do a fresh cycle and your body rejects them. Lots of ladies have success with FET! Don't give up hope!
February 18th, 2014, 07:03 AM
Super Mommy
Lisa - it sounds like things are going really well follie wise! Waiting has to be disappointing when you were looking forward to the fresh transfer in the near future but hopefully it just ups your chances of success! Will you have to wait long for the FET cycle or will it be your next cycle?

Miss B - so you'll transfer tomorrow?
February 18th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Veteran
MissB- Good Luck with the transfer today!!!! Hope they are extra sticky!

yes ladies it is dissapointing that I have to wait but I am going to keep a positive outlook on it, no matter what I have to wait so there is no sence it being all upset about it. It just means that I can have a drink in between and get my hair done LOL my roots look terrible! And we should have lots of embroys this morning had MORE monitering and I had 11 mature follicles on the right and 10 mature follicles on the left, I will find out later today if I get to trigger or IF I have to do another day of stims (at least they gave me the meds for tonight if I need them). I am really hoping to trigger because I honestly and SO freaking uncomfortable right now! Oh and I will be doing my FET as Soon as possible. So it may only be a 2 wk delay ....
February 18th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Super Mommy
hi MissB! I am so excited for your upcoming transfer. have you decided on how many? lol if it was me i would ask for all 3! last time we had 2 good embies & 1 slow developing one. we asked the embryologist if we could do all 3, but they said no. it would not increase our chances of conceiving. can't wait to hear what you decide.

oh Lisa-i know what a rollercoaster this is. last time i did this i felt like every little thing towards the end was weighing so heavy on me. i just want to reach out & give you a big hug. i think it's wonderful that your doctor has your & the follies best interest at heart! i know this is small set back, but it's going to be so much better for you in the long run. i have a doctor that did ivf & the clinic she went to rarely does fresh transfers.

Whitney-how are you feeling?! when will you due date be? xo
February 18th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Super Mommy
I'm feeling good April - starting to feel a little nauseous here and there but pretty much feeling good Due date is 10/16/14, I think. I have my first u/s Thursday afternoon so we'll know more then. I feel like time is DRAGGING to get to that first u/s! I am wondering when I'll finally stop stressing all the time that something is going to go wrong...probably 10/16/14 LOL.

Lisa - down some good wine and get your hair highlighted for me! I look awful with about 1/2 inch of roots right now and it'll be another 6 weeks until highlights - not cute ;-)
February 18th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Veteran
hi ladies! All went well. The clinic was running late and I ended up peeing twice and still had a full bladder! We transferred 1 embryo (8 cells). They will decide if the other 2 will be frozen on Thursday. In the end we just did the one. I will have a high risk pregnancy so as much as I love the ideas of twins right now we are going to try to avoid that.
February 18th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Veteran
I am so glad everything went well, now you just rest up and let that embryo get nice and snug Keep you feet warm !!!
February 18th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Super Mommy
Lisa- a 2 week delay is not long at all you must be thrilled! wine sounds sooo good right now. i'm not an alcoholic, & don't really drink that much, but now that we can't have it I want some . I hope you get to trigger tonight. I know it's hard with all of those large follies in your stomach. you have sooo many! I hope they get all 21 <3

Whitney-I am soooo excited for you. 10-16 is great! im a lil bias, that's my hubby's bday . I wonder what feels longer, the 2ww for beta or waiting for the 1st US? I hope I get to find out. is it cold where you live? I would wear hat. my hair is looking pretty rough. I've been keeping it in a ponytail most of the time. I hope you keep feeling good

MissB- congrats on your ET! now the 2ww begins. is there anything special you want to do during your 2ww? I think i'm going to do a tv marathon on Netflix. I really want to learn to crochet, I think I might check some tutorials out on youtube. keep your feet up & warm. i hope your baby gets cozy & really sticks in there! sending you sticky vibes!!!

big hugs to all of you girls!!!!
February 18th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Veteran
I get to Trigger tonight!!! I am so freaking excited! ER set for Thursday morning I am a incredibly happy girl. And no Dr. apt in the morning to get BW done just makes it all that much better!!
Liyana, april18 and flhopeful like this.
February 18th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Veteran
Excited for you MissB. Tons and tons of baby dust to ya!

Good luck Lisa!!!

DH: 37 Me: 39
Three daughters (19, 17 & 13) from first marriage
2000--Tubal Ligation
2008--Divorce
2010--Remarried, DH has no biological children
2012--Tubal Reversal
2013--Ectopic Pregnancy (lost right tube)
2013--Left tube closed

IVF #1
3/14/14--ER 14 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized by ICSI
3/19/14--ET Two beautiful 5 day blasts transferred
February 18th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Veteran
good luck Lisa!!!! Your almost done with needles!
February 18th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Veteran
I know...well at least the injections, I only have to do 1 more in exactly 12hrs. It is times like this I am so thankful I work for a Dr. and can just get one of our medical assistance to stick me. I have made it this far without giving myself 1 injection and I plan on finishing that way . So it looks like while you are on your two week wait...I will be waiting for AF to come.....I was so sure we would be waiting together, and I am happy that we still are even if they are for Completely different things. Keep your feet warm
February 20th, 2014, 12:16 AM
Super Mommy
Lisa-when will you find out your transfer date? maybe we'll be close? mine is tentatively set for 3/5 or 3/6.

sending sticky vibes to you MissB!

xo girls
Liyana likes this.
February 20th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Veteran
I am not sure when my transfer date is, they haven't told me that yet...but ER was today and we got 25 eggs so I am really pleased with that number, now just going to enjoy the rest of my day off work.
april18 likes this.
February 20th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Super Mommy
I hope I get that many too! how are you feeling? this might be TMI, but after my ER I was sooo bloated & constipated. this time i'm going to try this flaxseed cereal my friend swears by. I hope it helps. rest rest rest can't wait to hear what's next

xo
February 20th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Veteran
I was pretty bloated afterward, but I feel fine right now, drinking LOTS of gartoade. They said I could take OTC colace if I get constipated....good thing there is a Walgreen's close to the house so I can send DH if needed. Now I am impatiently waiting to find out how long I will have to wait for transfer
February 20th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Veteran
Lisa 25 eggs!!! that is great! I use chia seeds and flaxseed and that helps to keep things flowing. April when is your ER? I'm trying to stay off of google. Way more cramps today but it would be too early for implementation. Hopefully its a good sign.
February 21st, 2014, 06:44 PM
Veteran
20 of our eggs fertalized They said they would call in a few days to let me know how many make it to freeze....so now ALL I do is wait for AF...it seems so weird to not have to do anything, no shots, no appts. nothing but wait UGH I would normally be due for her to visit next week so hopefully she will be on time LOL NEVER thought DH and I would be wanting me to get my cycle
april18 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search