IVF Virgin

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree93Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2014, 08:06 PM
Veteran
that is fantastic news! so happy for you! see how it all worls out
February 23rd, 2014, 04:50 PM
Super Mommy
lol I hear you. this time around AF was like a present. I was so excited to start the process. did they give you an ETA on AF? can't wait to hear how they eggies progress

MissB how are you feeling? I read about other girls with BFPs that have cramps. out ER is tentatively set for 2/28. we did our 1st intralipid infusion on Friday & US scheduled for tomorrow. I'm sooo excited. I hope we se a lot of follies tomorrow

X' & O's to you girls
February 23rd, 2014, 07:21 PM
Veteran
I'm having tons of cramps and sore boobs, but I think its from the progestrone. I get my blood work done on March 3rd. Seems so far away. Trying to stay away from taking a HPT but might sneak one in later this week
april18 likes this.
February 23rd, 2014, 08:08 PM
Super Mommy
MissB! you're about a week out ! i think doing a hpt later this week sounds safe. the trigger will definitely be out of your system by then. i hope to see a BFP from you!

well I just found out that we misunderstood the menopur instructions & have been doubling injection this whole time :'(. the nurse told us she would speak to the doctor in the morning for further instructions. I couldn't help but cry. I am sooo mad at myself! oh well, nothing let to do but wait & pray for good news <3
February 23rd, 2014, 08:32 PM
Veteran
oh no April! Don't beat yourself up. It's a lot of information and I think the clinics could do a better job of going over things. Is that a stim drug?
april18 likes this.
February 23rd, 2014, 11:57 PM
Veteran
April, MissB is correct. It's a ton of information! I have a notebook, my ipad and iPhone tracking things and keeping me on track. I still feel lost at times and I haven't even started my stims!
april18 likes this.

DH: 37 Me: 39
Three daughters (19, 17 & 13) from first marriage
2000--Tubal Ligation
2008--Divorce
2010--Remarried, DH has no biological children
2012--Tubal Reversal
2013--Ectopic Pregnancy (lost right tube)
2013--Left tube closed

IVF #1
3/14/14--ER 14 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized by ICSI
3/19/14--ET Two beautiful 5 day blasts transferred
February 24th, 2014, 06:44 AM
Super Mommy
I totally agree with MissB - it is an overwhelming amount of information and they run through it so quickly since it's second nature to them - they forget that every little thing is new to us! Don't beat yourself up. Let us know what they say today. Hopefully everything is just fine and you can continue on at the correct dose.
april18 likes this.
February 24th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Veteran
Oh April I am so sorry...it is very confusing :'( ...what did your Dr. end up saying? Hope everything turned out ok for you and it didn't delay anthing .
april18 likes this.
February 24th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by april18 View Post
MissB! you're about a week out ! i think doing a hpt later this week sounds safe. the trigger will definitely be out of your system by then. i hope to see a BFP from you!

well I just found out that we misunderstood the menopur instructions & have been doubling injection this whole time :'(. the nurse told us she would speak to the doctor in the morning for further instructions. I couldn't help but cry. I am sooo mad at myself! oh well, nothing let to do but wait & pray for good news <3

April!!!! I did the opposite I was supposed to start at 150iu menopur and only did 75iu for 3 days!!! I was able to adjust and catch up and everything turned out great! Don't beat yourself about it and focus on what you need to do to either slow down or catch up...you are not the only one and I'm sure it will be alright
april18 likes this.
February 24th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Super Mommy
thank you MissB, Amber, Whitney, Lisa & Babydustme <3 I HEART U girls!!!

to be honest I don't know if menopur is a stim drug. I think it is since we are only taking it towards the end.

i went in today & everything was fine (thank you Lord). I was up all night freaking out & beating myself up. i'm my own worst critic lol. we are still on track & our ER will be this fri or sat !!! we started with 19, I was hoping all 19 would grow. 14 are progressing, but 6 out of those 14 are on the smaller side. I hope we get them all. i'm so greedy .

next US is on wed to see when we will trigger.

on a funny side note. they are filming a documentary at our clinic. It was strange seeing a film crew follow around a few of the patients. I wanted to be nosey & ask what the name of the film will be & when it will be coming out, but I had a shy moment. i'm going to ask the staff on wed if the film crew is not there.

what would I do without you girls?! thank you for the support!

XOXO
BabyDustme likes this.
February 24th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Veteran
YAY!!! So glad everything turned out well...Menopur is a stim, and I would put money on your other 6 follies catching up!! Tell us what the name of the movie is...I wanna watch LOL
april18 likes this.
February 24th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Veteran
MissB you are getting SO close !!!! I know the time must seem like it is dragging, and the fact that it is March and not Feb makes it seem longer, but you are less than a week away!! I am going to try and stay away from HPT's when I do get to transfer. We will see if I can make it though cause I was just telling DH yesterday that a good thing about us waiting is there would be no trigger to test out

BabyDust-How are things going? If I remember right you were starting your stims as I was finishing up on mine...hope things are getting close to ER for you
February 24th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Veteran
April, so happy that everything worked out! thats exciting that your ER is coming up. Its good that it will be the weekend or close to it so you can just relax after. My two week wait is going by sooooo slow. I'm busy at work so that is helping but just want to know. The progesterone side effects suck to be blunt so just want to know if it's all worth it. Waiting till at least Friday to take a HPT. Hope I can wait that long, lol.
april18 likes this.
February 24th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Veteran
Oh I bet it is, and you can make it until Friday, look how patient you have been so far
February 25th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Super Mommy
MissB what are the side effects from the progesterone? Do tell!
February 25th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Super Mommy
Lisa- I def will find out. i'm curious myself

MissB-sorry the 2ww is going by so slow. I hear the wait for the 1st US to see the sac is long too. this whole thing is teaching me a lot about patience. can't wait to hear about your HPT!!! ps are you doing the progesterone shots?

HUGS to all of yoos
February 25th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Veteran
I am very lucky no progesterone shots. I heard they are just awful. I'm taking the crinone vaginal ones. A lot of the side affects are your normal pre period things just enhanced. Sore boobs, fatigue, insomnia, swollen boobs, racing heart. Some days I just feel so uncomfortable. Its all worth it in the end of course! Baby dust to everyone!
april18 and Lisa_U like this.
February 26th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Super Mommy
we went in today & found out that we have a lot of smaller follies. i'm slightly concerned. I wonder what my percentage is that they will fertilize? i was hoping to trigger tonight but it will be tomorrow. they also said to do it in the arm :0. i don't know why, but it makes me more nervous than taking the shot in the booty.

i did the crinone last time, this time we're doing the shots. i am sooo sick of shots . it's worth it!

((HUGS))
February 26th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Veteran
April - just remeber that those smaller ones just need a little extra time to catch up and they still have a few more days until trigger (slow and steady wins the race). I am excited for you...maybe we will end up transferring around the same time
april18 likes this.
February 26th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Veteran
found out today that are other two embryos weren't able to be frozen and I really don't think I'm pregnant. Feeling a little down today, still hopeful but I dont think this was our cycle.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search