IVF Virgin

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree93Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Veteran
MissB-so sorry your others weren't able to freeze :'(. You don't know that you aren't preggers yet so try and keep hope! Maybe it is just the medication that has your feeling down today...prayers and Big Hugs your way
February 26th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Veteran
MissB- keep your head up, this could TOTALLY be your cycle! It only takes one.
February 27th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Veteran
thanks ladies, doing better today. fingers crossed for beta test Monday
February 27th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Veteran
YAY!! I am glad you are better today fingers crossed
February 27th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Super Mommy
MissB-i am so sorry my Love. i know exactly how you feel. we didn't get any frosties last time. i pray for positive beta & a healthy pregnancy <3!!!! sending hugs & sticky vibes your way XOXO

Lisa-that would be awesome! we trigger tonight, ER for sat :0 <-my excited face

Hubby got into an auto accident today. i freaked out & it just made me realize how much i love & appreciate him. i'm so emotional & weepy....ready to be off of the drugs lol.

HUGS to all of you girls!!! :*
February 28th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Veteran
Amber-have you started your stims yet? or gotten a calendar?

MissB-how are you today? I know Wednesday was rough and I am so glad that yesterday was better. Monday is almost here!!! Really getting excited for you.

April-Good Luck tomorrow! I hope you get wonderful eggs I will be looking for your update. Try and get some good rest tonight.

Kelk-have you gotten any updates on your embryos?

I am really enjoying following all of your journeys as I am going through mine. Makes me feel like it isn't just me and DH all alone doing this, plus you all understand that it can be a crazy roller coaster. Think positive and Lots of baby dust to you all.
March 1st, 2014, 03:34 AM
Veteran
I took a HPT on Friday and it was a BFN. My DH was so sweet and did all this research and found some articles that say it is very normal to get a BFN during IVF. So trying to stay positive and hopeful even though I feel like aunt flow is going to show her ugly face at any moment. 2 weeks ago we had our ER, can't believe it has been 2 weeks. April good luck! Lisa any updates on your FET? Thanks for checking in on me
March 1st, 2014, 06:25 AM
Veteran
MissB- I have also read that getting a BFN on a HPT can be false and that you feel like AF is coming at anytime. Don't let that discourage you! The beta is the real test (:!! Had my first monitoring appt. on Thursday and my ovaries are still Huge LOL but because they where non-hormonal I got to start my meds They are so EASY an estridol tablet under my tongue 3 times a day (6am,2pm,10pm) I didn't like having my alarm set on a Saturday but really I would do that for a year if they told me to!! And then I have a teeny tiny little patch to wear and change every 3 days. I go back on Thursday for BW/Ultrasound again. They say that it takes 2-3 weeks for your lining to be ready, but I am hoping I am some type of freak of nature and that they say I am ready on Thursday and start the progesterone. LOL Hey it could happen Right?
MissB_62 likes this.
March 1st, 2014, 11:05 AM
Hello Ladies!

My hubby and I are new to the IVF community. We have been TTC for 2+ years and have unexplained infertility. After 4 unsuccessful IUIs, we are now moving on to IVF. As of right now we are planning on going down to Barbados Fertility Centre in July. Super nervous, and would love more information on what to expect during the whole process.
March 1st, 2014, 01:33 PM
Veteran
The protocol for everyone is different, but they all start with testing. First they is the blood testing and uttering testing (I don't know if that is done with IUIs). Then you will be put on birth control. When it is time for you to start you cycle they will have you stop the BCP and come in for base line testing (Bloodwork/Ultrasound) Then they will tell you when to start you stimms (follicle stimulating hormones) they will be injections but they don't hurt. Then you will go in for monitoring appts. every few days (bloodwork/ultrasound) and will be given instructions after you Dr. gets those results. You will continue with that until your Dr. gives you the OK for your trigger it is given exactly 36 hrs. prior to egg retrieval. Then you will return to the clinic either 3 or 5 days later for embryo transfer (depending on how your embryos are doing and your clinics preference). Then you wait for 2 weeks and go back to your Dr. for beta testing. .....does that sound about right ladies???

Welcome to the group If you have any question post them...the ladies on here are wonderful about helping each other out and supporting one another !!
March 1st, 2014, 03:15 PM
Veteran
MissB- don't give up hope! The beta may surprise you!

Yep, Lisa U sounds exactly right. The only thing that my clinic did differently was schedule the procedure for 34 hours later.

Lisa, I am so glad they let you start the meds!

They told me they wouldn't call me until Tuesday at 10 A.M. about my embryos, which is right before the transfer. The next three days will go by very slowly I am sure. Whatever happens, I am prepared for any news.
March 1st, 2014, 06:13 PM
Lisa_U, thanks for all that information. Both my husband and I have had all the prior testing done. I am going in for another sonohysterogram week after next, I had a hysteroscopy done last May to resection a uterine septum. Most of the testing will be done here, then we fly to Barbados a week prior to the retrieval.

How do you feel during the stim phase? I have had to inject myself with follistim for previous IUIs so I am okay with that part. We have a LONG flight from Alaska to Barbados, and am dreading being bloated and cranky in coach the whole way Do you feel any pain or discomfort after the retrieval?
March 1st, 2014, 07:18 PM
Veteran
During Stim phase just really bloated, I was not cranky at all, but since each person/clinic has there own protocol you may or may not be given the same meds I was (bravelle/menopur) I think most of the ladies have just been bloated some said they felt like they had rocks in their bellies. After retrieval was the Worst part so far for me, but that is because I had a mild case of OHSS so I was REALLY REALLY bloated to the point that it made my stomach HUGE ...I am talking I could not even put on my pants and my DH was starting to get worried. But after 2 days that went back to normal. That's as far as I can tell you because I had to freeze all .....so I haven't done a transfer yet.
March 1st, 2014, 07:33 PM
Super Mommy
MissB-don't worry Lovie! I took an hpt the first time around & got a bfn too, but my 1st & 2nd betas were positive. I hope you get a BFP for your beta. we're all here cheering you on!!! XOXO

Lisa-i'm excited you got to start your meds! so when they say it's 2-3 weeks, does that mean this thurs will be week 1 or 2? I hope you get to transfer sooner than later!!! EEK!

Kelkl-we are only a couple of days apart . this week is going to go by soooo slow. I hope it passes quickly. I can't wait to get to the ET!

welcome TMM10910! that's a long way to travel. I wish you the best of luck on your journey

we had our ER today. it was so much better than the last ER. a lot less bloating & cramping & no allergic reaction to the anesthesia! we got 12 eggies, I hope they ALL fertilize! hubby had to gave his sample, no moving sperm, 2nd sample, no moving sperm. they tried to revive the sperm with caffeine, but it didn't work . they did a sperm extraction which we were not prepared for emotionally or financially. I was in the room & got a lil queezy after seeing the needle & the blood :/. he has to keep his legs elevated & balls iced for the weekend. I hope this is our cycle!!!

sending positive sticky vibes out to you girls <3 XOXOXO
March 2nd, 2014, 06:17 AM
Veteran
April- congrats on the eggs. I feel so bad for you and DH!! That sounds so very painful. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery. And I hope all your eggs fertilize too.
This Thursday would be 1 wk. I hope I get to transfer sooner too, but since my birthday is the next week it would be really cool to transfer on my Birthday. Except I will have company in town and would be on bed rest the whole time :/ Oh well I don't care, as soon as the Dr. says we can transfer I am ready!!!
april18 likes this.
March 2nd, 2014, 06:42 AM
Super Mommy
Great news on the eggs April! Poor DH - that had to have been tough for him. I hope they all fertilize and you get some beauties to transfer! Keep us posted!
april18 likes this.

March 2nd, 2014, 03:43 PM
Super Mommy
Lisa! that would be a cool present! I can't wait to hear about your apt on thurs :0 we are all getting sooo close!

thanks Whitney! DH is such a trooper, he's bleeding a lil bit still, i'm hoping it will stop tonight. he has a busy day tomorrow.

so we the call today & 10 of our fertilized. we find out on tues how the 10 progress. we are doing the FSH screening on thurs. Im praying for no down syndrome embies this time

I HEART U GIRLS XOXO
March 2nd, 2014, 05:08 PM
Veteran
April 10 is an amesome number!!! I know we are getting so close, I am trying to be patient and so far I am being really good about it. Now after next week I doubt that I will be able to keep that up LOL

MissB-tomorrow is the big day I will be saying an extra prayer for you tonight!!!
March 2nd, 2014, 05:36 PM
Veteran
April, congrats!!! Your poor DH. I was worried that my DH's sperm wasn't going to be enough. I guess I know now what happens if two runs don't produce what is needed. thanks ladies for all your prayers for my beta test tomorrow. I am hearing more and more cases of negative HPT and positive beta test. I hope I am another example of why you shouldn"t take a hpt during the 2 week wait I tortured myself seeing 2 sets of friends with new babies this weekend. So happy for them but I so want this.
March 2nd, 2014, 07:40 PM
Congrats April! Sending positive thoughts your way along with MissB.

My clinic is having me do buserelin/menopur, then we head down that way a week prior to the ER. Have any of you ordered your meds through the ivfmeds website?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search