Am I normal?!?!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By *Leah*
  • 1 Post By flhopeful

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Because this is my first pregnancy, I have NO idea what to expect and there is so much conflicting information online!

I went for my 2nd beta yesterday and it came back 616 (1st Beta 4 days earlier was 126). I think that is ok?? It's doubling at almost 42 hours.

Also, I have NO morning sickness - not even a hint. In fact, I have the opposite problem. I'm hungry ALL. THE. TIME. I eat and then 2-3 hours later, I'm starving again. None of my friends think this is normal?? And all of my pregnancy books are saying that there's a correlation between a lack of m/s and a higher chance of miscarriage? Yikes!

I'm just freaking out because I don't feel like I'm experiencing the same symptoms that most women do or that I usually hear about and I don't want anything to be wrong with my pregnancy.

Help!!
February 11th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Veteran
I have never been pregnant, but I do have 4 sisters all of which had children, and I will tell you that EVERY pregnancy is different. My oldest sister has 4 kids all super healthy, and she was only had morning sickness with 1 of them, little sister experienced very little. I don't think that you have to worry about a M/C because your betas are doubling appropritaly!! Try and relax .... I know that is not as easily done as said! Sending lots of blessings your way
February 11th, 2014, 11:40 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
I barely had 6 days of morning sickness with Mallory....everyone is different! Where you going to acupuncture? If so, it can balance your body and not give you so many side effects. It is still WAYYYY early ... for some m/s doesn't kick in until 6 weeks or so. GOOD LUCK, your beta is perfect
Liyana likes this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

February 11th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Veteran
I did not have any morning sickness with my daughter, and everything was fine. I also know other women who did not have morning sickness either. While maybe the vast majority of women do, there are still several that do not. I know it's an eerie feeling to be pregnant but not feel it like others do, but I would try not to worry about that aspect at all.

Like we all know, easier said than done, but every woman is different, and even with a same woman, every pregnancy is different ;o)

Hang in there!
February 11th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Veteran
I'm not experiencing morning sickness yet either, Stellybelly, but I'm not even 5 weeks yet so it may be coming. I've had a couple of waves of slight nausea but that's it. I've been getting high beta results as well so who knows, maybe it's early or maybe we're lucky so far. What I have been getting is cramps since before the BFP - like tugging and pulling in the uterus. It freaks me out. Have you been feeling this as well?

I have been doing acupuncture for a while so I found your comment on this interesting, Leah. I plan on going back for more if the sickness starts up!
BabyDustme likes this.
February 11th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Super Mommy
hi Stellybelly! I've never had a baby but like the other girls say " every pregnancy/everbody is different". I hope you have a smooth pregnancy
February 11th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Thanks ladies. It's so hard to keep a level head about this but I'm doing my best to remain relaxed and distracted!

flhopeful - I have been experiencing cramping (and even some spotting now and then) the entire time. It makes me really nervous because it feels exactly like AF coming on...but again, trying to tell myself this is a normal part of the process and not get too wrapped up in it.

Leah - I have been doing acupuncture as well, so I wonder if this is coming into play. It is early still though so only time will tell!
February 11th, 2014, 05:05 PM
JillK's Avatar Veteran
I did not have any morning sickness at all with my little one. I did however want & need to eat everything in sight. I did also have funny crampy feelings over the first couple weeks. Every pregnancy is unique. Your beta numbers are very good!
TTC #2 since June 2012
3 Miscarriages between December 2012 & May 2013
IVF #1 October 2013 7 follicles, 2 transferred - BFN
IVF #2 November 2013
November Cycle canceled & switched to IUI due to dominant follicle
IUI 11/20/2013 BFN
IVF #3ish Patch protocal that uses estrogen priming
7 follicles with 3 retrieved on 2/9/2014, 2 transfer on 2/12, 2/23 BFN
Gave up IVF but have still been trying naturally......

<<<<<< Siggy Warning Below >>>>>>

Miracle of miracles - We are expecting in Feb of 2015.......if it continues...........
7 week ultrasound shows heart rate at about 140 & size "just a little small"

TTC #1 for 2 years in 2009-2011 (then Me 34 & Husband 30)
Laporoscopy to remove endometriosis April 2010
Unmedicated IUI May 2010 BFN
Did IVF testing & was about to start Cycle #1 but AF never arrived September 2010
Baby Girl Born 6/19/2011 - Now 3 years old
All Are Welcome
February 11th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellybelly View Post
Because this is my first pregnancy, I have NO idea what to expect and there is so much conflicting information online!

I went for my 2nd beta yesterday and it came back 616 (1st Beta 4 days earlier was 126). I think that is ok?? It's doubling at almost 42 hours.

Also, I have NO morning sickness - not even a hint. In fact, I have the opposite problem. I'm hungry ALL. THE. TIME. I eat and then 2-3 hours later, I'm starving again. None of my friends think this is normal?? And all of my pregnancy books are saying that there's a correlation between a lack of m/s and a higher chance of miscarriage? Yikes!

I'm just freaking out because I don't feel like I'm experiencing the same symptoms that most women do or that I usually hear about and I don't want anything to be wrong with my pregnancy.

Help!!
OMG! I have similar symptoms... I'm hungry and thirsty all the time...I am eating twice as much as I have before...this is my first time too...my first beta was 227 at 10dpt and then today my beta was 1133 at 13dpt I've quadrupled in 3 days.. I did transfer 4 embies though so ...there is a chance all of them took. They said the chance of that happening was 1%... I guess it's a wait and see game right now...I'm glad I'm not getting morning sickness though... maybe it's too early in the game I am just grateful I'm preggers and trying not to worry about anything else... which is possible.. never...
February 12th, 2014, 02:48 PM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
It will come darling.... Trust me... And it sucks!

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search