April/May IVF & FETers....come join!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree844Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Liyana's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Leah* View Post
Liyana, it's tentatively 4/2, but it will probably change, I'm sure I'll stim longer than they suggest LOLChortler - I'm so sorry for your losses. Did they get to do any testing to find out why? Have you ever been testing for a blood clotting disorder? I am on baby aspirin and Lovenox to prevent m/c from a possible clotting disorder.
Hi *Leah*

I hope so much that the doctors will not postpone your ER so many days... But plz think darling that its coming anyway and it will happen very soon...( I know how easy it is to count days...but then its making the waiting even more hard---I guess..)
I have had one loss... I even don't know what I had was it chemical pregancy or was it just miscarriage.
I have not had any blood testing...My clinic have not inform me about it even,, and I think they don't share information.-.. if I am not asking..about it,, but I am not that smart even to ask so deep questions.. I am not so well experienced in IVF....
My RE justified my loss like that: with high probability, the 8 grade embie just didn't fit into my uterous...because we created so well environment for him/her, but there was some unknown/unexplained x- factor that it didn't developed further... :/
And basicly that's was it... I didn't have more than this info,, and I had to deal with it..

I see that you are much more informed and you know so many things!! I hope the best for you darling!!!
Plz, don't think about any cancellation. Plz think positive!!!! Everything will go as You have planned and dreamed about!! It must go!!! I pray for you honey!!

Do you have more appointments before you ER?

Love to hear from you!! Sending you many many many good thoughts from here!!!!

IVF/ICSI #3
ER: 17.06.14 (retrived 12 eggs, 6 fertilized)
ET: 19.06.14 ( Two, 4-cell embies transfered) BFN!! 3 frosties
BETA: 14dp2dt, 03.07.14 Negative

IVF#4
FET 17.09.14 (2 beautiful blastocysts transferred). BFP 6dpt.

BETA: 14dpt,1.10.14 2300! Second BETA 21dpt 08.10.14 14610!!!! Twins!!!!

March 25th, 2014, 08:12 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
HI Liyana I have had 2 chemical pregnancies like you had as well. SO FRUSTRATING!! One of my embabies was a perfect blastocyst, the Dr. and embryologist said that they don't get any better than that...so I have no idea why it didn't stick I have an appointment tomorrow - it's bloodwork and ultrasound...and then I'll *probably* have another appt of bloodwork and U/S on friday too. I know, from my past IVF's that ANYTHING can happen and things can change quickly, so I am just trying to stay positive and pray it all works out. Every day gets you closer Liyana!!! How is the estrogen going?
Liyana likes this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

March 25th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck at your monitoring appt tomorrow Leah! I know my baseline E2 level, but I don't think that would help you much!

As for us, I found out that my vitamin D level is within range! (81 to be exact!) My platelets are still low (but not ridiculously so) and my calcium is also a little low (not terribly so, which is what the endocrinologist had told me!) so it looks like it'll just be a little calcium supplementation before we start and we don't have to worry about trying to get my vitamin D levels up before starting!!! My RE gets back from vacation tomorrow, so I should hear back from her in the next couple of days (I don't expect a call back immediately, as I'm not exactly high-priority ) and find out if there's anything else we should do! I'm going to ask to do a TSH draw on the day of our appointment, as it'll be late in my LP, and that seems to be when my thyroid symptoms are the worst?

Other than that, this is our "Hail Mary" cycle before we start BCP towards the end of April!!! I'm excited, terrified, nervous, anxious, happy, and a little nauseous even. The only other thing we're waiting for is the approval for our HELOC, which we should know about by the end of next week. I've had a ton of anxiety worrying about whether or not it'll go through. We don't have the best credit in the world, and I'm concerned that we'd have to put cycling off AGAIN because of something stupid.
swtneka and *Leah* like this.

Me: Autoimmune (Hashimotos and Fibromyalgia), vitamin D and calcium deficiency. Treated with Synthroid, supplements, TCM and acupuncture.

DH: Severe MFI (low counts, low motility, poor morphology and high antibodies), likely caused by poor liver function. Treated with Clomid to increase total counts.

DD: Conceived after 1 year of TTC with progesterone to correct LPD (likely caused by undiagnosed thyroid dysfunction). Born Aug 2009 via c/s after an induction due to pre-e and HELLP.

TTC #2 since Oct10 with an early loss in Aug 2011. Post-wash counts are too low for IUI to be successful, so moving on to IVF/ICSI in May 2014!

IVF/ICSI #1 (May 2014): Estrogen priming and antagonist protocol, including acupuncture and prayer!
17/05/14 - Baseline looks good, start Gonal-F 225iu and Luveris 75iu
28/05/14 - 18 eggs retrieved, 14 mature
29/05/14 - 13 fertilized!!! All are looking great still on day 3, so we're going to blast!
02/06/14 - Transferred one 1BC blast, with 3 other blasts and 3 morulas to watch and freeze
03/06/14 - All embryos have arrested. None to freeze
09/06/14 - Faint BFP at home at 7dp5dt!!!!!
10/06/14 - Beta?
March 25th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Welcome Chortler and Jilly! Cant wait to hear your successes. Like Leah I am kind of an IVF/FET veteran. We have already done 2 of each and our now on our 3rd FET and hoping it is our last. So any questions do not hesitate to ask!

Jen I think its great that you are saving up enough for all those cycles right away (although I hope you only need 1). We had insurance through our last fresh cycle and now we are OOP for everything so it has taken us over a year to save up enough to be comfortable and move forward with the FET.

Leah I am not at home right now, but I can look at my E2 levels in my journal later. I believe last IVF for me at day 4 or 5 of stims my levels were in the 200s maybe. I always get bumped up though and then things go well. I have PCOS though so they are very careful on how they start so I don't hyper stim. Are you taking your injections twice a day now?

AFM I just got my full calendar and I will have my baseline appointment on April 9th. My new RE takes a much more relaxed approach and the only injections I will be on is PIO so I am very happy about that. (If it works that is) haha I cannot wait to get things going again. Taking a year off has sucked. I just want my rainbow baby and to be done now. And to think when I was young I wanted 4 or 5 kids and now I will just be happy with 2. Also, DH and I had the conversation last night about what we will do if this doesn't work. I am so torn. We have had great success at getting pregnant with IVF its just staying pregnant that seems to be an issue. Our son is an IVF miracle and is proof it can work. So part of me just wants to try one more fresh cycle and then any FETs that may come from it. But at the same time I feel guilty spending that money and taking it away from Mason (DS) when we could be doing things for him with the money. We will move on to adoption to give Mason a sibling either way so its just a matter of when/if we need to. Im struggling on making that plan and we are very much planners... ugh!
*Leah* likes this.

March 25th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Leah* View Post
HI Liyana I have had 2 chemical pregnancies like you had as well. SO FRUSTRATING!! One of my embabies was a perfect blastocyst, the Dr. and embryologist said that they don't get any better than that...so I have no idea why it didn't stick I have an appointment tomorrow - it's bloodwork and ultrasound...and then I'll *probably* have another appt of bloodwork and U/S on friday too. I know, from my past IVF's that ANYTHING can happen and things can change quickly, so I am just trying to stay positive and pray it all works out. Every day gets you closer Liyana!!! How is the estrogen going?
Hi *Leah*

Yeah your absolutely right,, to loose something so little and tiny is heartbroken, and frustrating....I had aswell the perfect embie.. not a blastocyst stage but still perfect...Yeah...We never know exactly what was this reason why little ones didnt stick in...
I wish you a lot of luck with tomorrows appointment, tomorrow you will get the information about follicies/eggs aswell ? I hope that they have doubled and they will be mature for the Big Day!!
FX for you darling!!! Yes plz stay positive honey and think that in next month at the same time you are officially pg already I am dreaming about it already
Yes ...I have only 10 Days to gooooo... I cant believe it even...This day what I have been waiting for soooo long time is almost here!!!!! Uhh...I am pretty excited already!!!
Thank you for asking, Estrogen is going well today I have rised the quantities... I am taking it 3 times in a day,.. I hope I will not get OHSS... :/

Wishing good luck to you girl who are doing their IVF or FET in April!!!! God bless us,all!!!
*Leah* likes this.

IVF/ICSI #3

IVF#4

Last edited by Liyana; March 25th, 2014 at 10:39 AM.
March 25th, 2014, 12:06 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Liyana, you won't get OHSS from an FET cycle...3 x a day estrogen is what I did for mine too. EEEEK 10 days!!!!

Hoping - I know you won't need this, b/c this cycle is going to work, but wanted to bring up - embryo adoption. It is less expensive than traditional adoption, just like your FET's and obviously you get to carry the baby and therefore no heartache if the birth mother changes her mind....just food for thought. BUT I DO NOT think you'll need it, as this is OUR cycle!

Muffin!! YAY for D levels and the others are easy fixes - Getting closer
Hopingfor1soon and swtneka like this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

March 25th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
I never thought of that. Definitely something to look into if we need to. Thanks Leah!

Ok Just because I am name obsessed and like to dream has anyone thought of any names or have a list yet? haha

March 26th, 2014, 11:49 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies. I'm Lee Ann.

I had my baseline appt yesterday and everything is a go. Yesterday was my last BCP and I start stims on saturday. This will be my first IVF. We are going this route for male factor infertility (low sperm).

My schedule right now is to do ER on 4/10 and ET on 4/15. We will transfer 2 since this is my first time and we are out of pocket.

My meds will be a mixture of 150 Bravelle / 150 menopur for the first 4 days and then the dosage will be adjusted accordingly. I respond well to letrozole (Femara) so I'm hoping that means I will respond well to injectables.

Leah - I think I might die with the cost of meds. Right now, I'm waiting on insurance authorization for a couple of things. My total without authorization is over $5,000 (GULP). Didn't exactly plan for that one.
Hopingfor1soon, *Leah* and Liyana like this.

Last edited by MommaLee; March 26th, 2014 at 11:56 AM.
March 26th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Alicia - if we have a boy, his name will be Collin; a girl will probably be Jenna. Now, if we have twins of the same gender, then DH has naming rights for the boy and I will probably let DH's mom have a say in the name of a girl. We will see.
March 26th, 2014, 03:16 PM
LeeAnn you are way too nice. No way in heck would I let DH let alone either of our mothers choose the name. Haha I guess I'm way too controlling. Anyways, I also responded well to Femara and always did to injectables too. I start slow and then just take off! When is your follicle scan?

Leah how we're your levels?
*Leah* likes this.

March 26th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Ok, so I was sent a message tonight that I'm changing from Bravelle to Gonal-F. Not sure why but I sent a message to inquire. Maybe it has to do with insurance.

My first follicle scan will be Tuesday (April 1st).

I have veto power over names, so I at least have to agree. My one criteria is that no unisex names be used for a girl. My legal first name is Lee and most people associate it with a male and it has caused me headaches. I don't want that mess for my child. Other than that, I'm open to suggestions.
Hopingfor1soon likes this.
March 27th, 2014, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLee View Post
Hi ladies. I'm Lee Ann.

I had my baseline appt yesterday and everything is a go. Yesterday was my last BCP and I start stims on saturday. This will be my first IVF. We are going this route for male factor infertility (low sperm).

My schedule right now is to do ER on 4/10 and ET on 4/15. We will transfer 2 since this is my first time and we are out of pocket.

My meds will be a mixture of 150 Bravelle / 150 menopur for the first 4 days and then the dosage will be adjusted accordingly. I respond well to letrozole (Femara) so I'm hoping that means I will respond well to injectables.

Leah - I think I might die with the cost of meds. Right now, I'm waiting on insurance authorization for a couple of things. My total without authorization is over $5,000 (GULP). Didn't exactly plan for that one.
Hi MommaLee!!

And welcome!! here you meet the most sweetest girls ever!! We are here to support you in a good times and in bad times!
If you gonna start with your injections - then your time will go also faster!!
Wishing You tons of luck with your first fresh IVF!!!
I used also GONAL-F stims..You are more than welcome to ask everykind of questions, if you need some help.
You ET is scheluded pretty close to mine!!! We can be cycle buddies!!!
I have my U/S on 31.03.14 and then will be sure when I am going to have my FET it can be 4.02.2014 or 8.04.2014

You are pretty close already to your ER!!! I hope that you will get many many many many eggs!!
for you honey!!!

IVF/ICSI #3

IVF#4

March 27th, 2014, 05:18 AM
Thanks Liyana.
Liyana likes this.
March 27th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Lee Ann it could be something with insurance or it may be something with how they think you will react to the meds based on other meds you have been on. I have actually done both and didn't notice a difference with either in the end. If I remember right I do think I started out better on Gonal F and it was more of a steady climb for my follicles where on Bravelle I started slow and then took off really fast and they had to lower my doses. Cant wait for Tuesday for you!!!

March 27th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Bravelle is not covered under my insurance, only Gonal-F. That was the reason for the switch.

I'm excited to get started but I'm in such a crappy mood today. DH was all huffy puffy when I told him the cost estimate for the medications.
March 27th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Lee Ann! Good luck with your cycle!!!

As for names, some of you already know that any boy born to us will be named Amadeus. We're not set on it as a first name necessarily anymore (we're kind of being swayed by everybodys opinion on it) but it will be in there at least as a middle name! We have a huge list at home of names that we love. Rebecca is still one of our favourites for a girl, and our DD is Alma.

Me: Autoimmune (Hashimotos and Fibromyalgia), vitamin D and calcium deficiency. Treated with Synthroid, supplements, TCM and acupuncture.

DH: Severe MFI (low counts, low motility, poor morphology and high antibodies), likely caused by poor liver function. Treated with Clomid to increase total counts.

DD: Conceived after 1 year of TTC with progesterone to correct LPD (likely caused by undiagnosed thyroid dysfunction). Born Aug 2009 via c/s after an induction due to pre-e and HELLP.

TTC #2 since Oct10 with an early loss in Aug 2011. Post-wash counts are too low for IUI to be successful, so moving on to IVF/ICSI in May 2014!

IVF/ICSI #1 (May 2014): Estrogen priming and antagonist protocol, including acupuncture and prayer!
17/05/14 - Baseline looks good, start Gonal-F 225iu and Luveris 75iu
28/05/14 - 18 eggs retrieved, 14 mature
29/05/14 - 13 fertilized!!! All are looking great still on day 3, so we're going to blast!
02/06/14 - Transferred one 1BC blast, with 3 other blasts and 3 morulas to watch and freeze
03/06/14 - All embryos have arrested. None to freeze
09/06/14 - Faint BFP at home at 7dp5dt!!!!!
10/06/14 - Beta?
March 27th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Lee Ann I can relate to that. My DH gets that way too but I basically just say screw him. He has not right to get upset with me for something out of my control and we both want another baby so it is what it is.

muffin: I love Alma! I would never be able to use it with my last name but I think its a cute unique name!

AFM: Good news today. I found out our OOP for meds is going to be much less since we switched REs and switched protocols for this FET. We will only be looking at paying $300ish out of pocket for meds this cycle! YAY!

Oh and names... I could seriously talk names all day... I am slightly upset and very indecisive with names so I need like 3 years of planning lol Luckily we had 4 years to plan for Mason our DS. Anyways my tops today which will likely change tomorrow would be for a boy Myles, Carson, and Gavin and for a girl are Adalynn, Allyson, and Kaitlyn. Yes I like the "y" in girls names and I line the "N" ending with our last name.

March 27th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Thanks muffin.

Alicia - I did tell him too bad so sad but it still got to me. Apparently, I had mentioned sperm donation as an option and that blew his ticker. He is not in any way shape or form up for using donor sperm. He could have just said that. He doesn't say anything and when I ask, he still doesn't say anything.

You know what is funny Alicia...we have the same last name, so when you talk about names working, I totally understand it. I love the name "Anna" but it wouldn't work well.
Hopingfor1soon likes this.
March 27th, 2014, 02:19 PM
I know LeeAnn! I definitely value your opinion a lot on names because we do have the same last name! haha Anna was always a top of mine until we got married. lol Same with just Bella or Belle and Brooklyn... they just don't work to me. Darn last name! haha
MommaLee likes this.

March 27th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Most of the B names are out for us...I do like the name Blake but there is someone that works with my husband that has our last name and his name is Blake, so that would be weird. Almost like naming our child after his coworker.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search