April/May IVF & FETers....come join!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree842Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2014, 03:27 AM
Veteran
Hi ladies! Just started lupron last night. This is my second IVf cycle! Different protocol this time and hoping for better results.
MommaLee, *Leah*, Liyana and 1 others like this.
March 28th, 2014, 08:06 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck MissB.
March 28th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Insurance denied all my infertility medications, so I was switched back to Bravelle because it was cheaper than Gonal-F. Total was around $4,700. I do get a $70 rebate! Lol, like that is going to put a dent in anything.
March 28th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Veteran
MommaLee- which pharmacy are you going through? There is this one site where you get $100 off each $1000 you spend. It is $50 membership but so worth it. Walgreen's Specialty has an agreement with them. It is a moot point if you already filled them but hey, just wanted to let you know!
IVF #1: 3/4/2014
Not successful.

FET 7/11/2014
Transferred 1 six day 5BB blast embryo
1st beta on 7/21/14 114.7
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S scheduled for 8/7.
March 28th, 2014, 11:00 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
MissB and MommaLee, good luck! I spent around the same for my Bravelle and Menopur MommaLee, I'm on 8 vials a day - YIKES! Today I had only 5 follies, I had on the Right an 8 and a 7 and on the Left, I had an 8, 6.5 and a 4.5....slowly but surely!! I go back Monday - My lining was up to an 8.0B...so that is getting there too! Praying a few more pop up by Monday and the rest continue to grow BIG!!! How is everyone else doing?
MommaLee likes this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

March 28th, 2014, 11:15 AM
I love the name Alma - we had a sweet lady that used to clean my old Law Office and that was her name

Hoping - my Estradiol was up to 108 on Wednesday YAY....

Lee ann, I am on 600iu of Bravelle, I was on the 150/menopur and 300/bravelle for the first 4 days, so that sounds like my protocol. Best of luck to you!! I have stuborn eggs, so takes me more meds and longer stim to get them nice and ripe!NAMES - eeek.

Our favorite name is Calliope (kah-lie-oh-pee)...(it was on the top 10 weirdest names list this year, Mike and I were shocked that it was our name!! I'm worried about "peepee" nicknames, but I still love it, or shorten it to Kallie...I might spell it Kalliope, as my sister has a K name and her middle name is Ann and my sister had boys...so Kalliope Ann, and if twin girls, I also like Clementine (Tiny)...Mallory was almost a Daphne or Amelia.....Mike's not sold on Clementine and makes Scooby doo jokes at Daphne - and Amelia is getting popular again.

Mike likes Piper, Cheyenne and Dakota...not my favs....

For boys, I love Guy, Miles and Fletcher, but fletcher doesn't go with our last name well...Guy sounds awesome with our name hehe...def my fav. It's what I wanted if Mallory was a boy. We love Noah and Eli, but they are getting too common now too.

I love name talk...who else has some?

Have you ever tried the website Name Genie...it's hilarious
MommaLee likes this.
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?

March 28th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Lee Ann - Don't you just love the big old DENY IT ALL from Insurance. I get one of my meds covered (Estrace) because it isn't specifically used for infertility but the rest all get denied. I think I spent about $5000 for meds for both my fresh cycles. YUCK!

Miss B - Goodluck! Is this a fresh IVF or a frozen cycle? My very first IVF failed for me as well and I have gotten pregnant every other cycle (just need to stay pregnant) so I always have a good feeling for people the second time around!

Leah - That is great that your numbers are going up! I bet you have a few more surprise follies pop up soon! Great lining too! I was told that sometimes heat can help your body absorb more of the meds so if you have a heating pad maybe use that after the injections for a few minutes? I have no clue if it actually works or not. I only used heat for my poor *ss after the PIO shots! haha

Love Miles! I choose the "Y" just because Miles is only one letter off from my husbands name (Mike). Stupid reason I know. haha

I have really debated using the name Everly as well. Its a favorite of mine, but I just don't know how it ages.... I also don't want to pick some super popular trendy name... Seriously we had picked Mason out 3 years before he was born when there were zero Masons... We couldn't agree on anything else so we went back to it. Wouldn't you know fricken Kardashian had to use the name and it jumped to #1 in the country...ugh! haha

Oh.... and I also wanted to ask... what is everyone using or going to be using for progesterone supplements? I have ALWAYS used PIO injections before, but my new RE is just putting me on vaginal inserts (not sure what ones) and then if I get a positive beta she will switch me to PIO... kind of makes me nervous that I may need the PIO sooner than that to sustain the pregnancy if one does implant.
*Leah* likes this.

March 28th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Super Mommy
Hi Girls! sorry for jumping in. i hope everyone is doing great

Hey Kelkl- what pharmacy is that? i need to start saving up for our next cycle

Le Ann- i feel you on meds. we have done 2 cycles & our insurance doesn't cover anything fertility related. i hope you find an amazing pharmacy!!! if you do i would love to get the 411 please

Leah- i'm praying that your follies & lining will be just perfect! as far as the names go, i LOVE Daphne, Noah & Eli, but i do think that Noah & Eli are becoming very popular. i hope you get 1 of each!

MissB- i think the Lupron will definitely improve your egg quality! it's going to be a great cycle

Liyana- sending you a hug & sticky vibes

sorry if i left anyone out. i hope everyone has an amazing weekend! sending all of you prayers
*Leah* and Liyana like this.

Medicated cycle Sept 2013 Failed Cycle

1st Nov 2013, IVF 16 eggs, 8 fertilized, 2 survived to day 5 - CGH screening
transferred 2 5d embies (2 boys) 12/5/13
no frosties
chemical pregnancy (beta1 25, beta2 39, beta3 41)
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

2nd IVF Feb 2014, 12 eggs, 10 fertilized, 2 survived to day 6 - PGD screening
transferred 2 6d embies (2 boys) 1/7/14
no frosties
beta1 3/17/14 .07 beta2 3/20/14 Failed Cycle

3rd IVF May 2014 ,12 eggs, day 2- 8 fertilized, day 3- 9 fertilized,
day 7 - 0 blasts Failed Cycle

4th IVF in August 2014
March 28th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Veteran
April- It is newlifeagency (www.newlifeagency.com); they have a deal with Walgreen's specialty pharmacy so they give you the money off at the time of the purchase so you don't have to go through any rebate process or anything. I was wrong, it is only a $25 membership (not $50 like I said above) and you get a $25 Walgreen's card back so some could argue it is free. Also, Walgreen's also have another program that you can qualify for based on income that reduces the prices as well (by A LOT) . Although, we didn't qualify so I don't know much about the program. However, I had an awesome rep with Walgreen's Specialty pharmacy who told me all of these things once I told him I would not be using insurance. You should call and ask about them. BTW, not trying to promote the pharmacy I used, I am sure there are a ton of places that are amazing too. I just want to help my fellow ladies out, since my meds didn't end up being crazy expensive with programs I found. I don't want to violate any of the rules of this board so I'm putting my disclaimer in there. You can tell I am in HR, huh?
*Leah* and april18 like this.
Not successful.

FET 7/11/2014
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

March 28th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopingfor1soon View Post

Leah - That is great that your numbers are going up! I bet you have a few more surprise follies pop up soon! Great lining too! I was told that sometimes heat can help your body absorb more of the meds so if you have a heating pad maybe use that after the injections for a few minutes? I have no clue if it actually works or not. I only used heat for my poor *ss after the PIO shots! haha

Love Miles! I choose the "Y" just because Miles is only one letter off from my husbands name (Mike). Stupid reason I know. haha

I have really debated using the name Everly as well. Its a favorite of mine, but I just don't know how it ages.... I also don't want to pick some super popular trendy name... Seriously we had picked Mason out 3 years before he was born when there were zero Masons... We couldn't agree on anything else so we went back to it. Wouldn't you know fricken Kardashian had to use the name and it jumped to #1 in the country...ugh! haha

Oh.... and I also wanted to ask... what is everyone using or going to be using for progesterone supplements? I have ALWAYS used PIO injections before, but my new RE is just putting me on vaginal inserts (not sure what ones) and then if I get a positive beta she will switch me to PIO... kind of makes me nervous that I may need the PIO sooner than that to sustain the pregnancy if one does implant.
OMG! My husband's name is Mike, too - I never thought of that..good point! AND OMG Everly is on my list too, when I heard one of Chili Peppers use it for his daughter, I instantly LOVED it

I have been on PIO always, because, well, it worked for me the first time and my Dr says it is a lot cheaper and he feels it works better. Either way - good luck!!!!

Mason was my sister's fav boy name, but her DH veto'd it...I really wanted it too, our last name starts with M and obviously (Mallory) (Miles) I like M names, but it was becoming too popular around here I loved Peyton, Madison, Noah, Ethan and then they all got so popular. I don't want 5 kids in the same grade named the same.
Hopingfor1soon likes this.

March 28th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Veteran
Thanks ladies! This is a fresh cycle for me. Let's hope April is our month!
*Leah* and Liyana like this.
March 29th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Kelkl - I used Conception Pharmacy (it is out of Tennessee). It is the preferred pharmacy of the office because there are one or more physicians that have ownership in the company. I could have shopped around but since I've never done this and I had to go through preauthorization for insurance (although they denied all injectables, I was more than happy to let them do that for me. All my other stuff was covered.

Leah - I hope those follies grow! I'm glad to hear that the costs of meds for me were not too far off from what you all paid.

Alicia - I was sent a 3 month supply of Endometrin (suppositories). This is just what they gave me.
March 29th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Veteran
So I had a great talk with the doctor and here is what I learned. Overall, my first cycle went great. If we have to do another fresh cycle, we will increase my meds just slightly and do a different trigger shot. This should help getting more eggs and them coming off the walls. The doc thinks this is likely an abnormal embryo but it could still be ectopic so protocol is to treat for the worst thing possible. Because my beta is slow low and so far behind developmentally, an US is pointless bc a sac, fetal poll, etc. only shows up once your beta is much higher. We looked but didn't see anything. My beta only went up 4 points this last week which is good. We hope that it peaked at 60 and it is coming down now. We will do another blood test later this week. We took the doctor's advice to wait one more week before we do anything. That's because both resolutions have risks that are higher than waiting one more week with such a low beta. If it passes this week on its own we will only have to wait one month before going on bc and starting a new cycle. If we do a D&C we have to wait 2 months, if we use the shot, we have to wait 3 months. We are leaning toward the shot because it has the least infertility risks. The doc isn't concerned about this and said it happens a lot in IVF cycle bc mc rates are 1 in 3 for whatever type of pregnancies early on. Yay
MommaLee and april18 like this.
Not successful.

FET 7/11/2014
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

Last edited by Kelkl; March 29th, 2014 at 07:47 PM.
March 30th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Kelkl - can I ask what your medication protocol was? What is the reason for trying a different trigger? I like to compare that to mine although I do know we are all different. Just helps me learn a bit.
March 31st, 2014, 01:33 AM
Liyana's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi my ladies! I like to update: I just got back from me RE. The good news is that I have my FET already on this Friday 4.02.14 !! Yayy!!! As I wished. I am continuing with the Estrogen.. 3 x in a day...Today I have to do my trigger shot (Ovidrelle) asap (but I am @ work) so the fastest ...is around 5 oclock :/ Tomorrow night I am going to use (again) Progrestrone suppositories and continuing with them.. And Friday 14.00 I have my FET!! Going to transfer 2 embies Hopes are up! But I am not so much stressed.. I am taking it easy. I also asked copy of my embies / fertilisation protocol... and I can see that last time (in January) I had 8 fertilized embies.. and those 5 frosties what I have 4 of them are in 8 grade and one of them are 7.. Now I just need to hope and pray that my first 2 embies will survive thawing process which is third of April!!! FX!!!

UPDATE- trigger shot is done! and my RE said my uterus lining is 9mm - (wow, its almost 1cm after 2 days) he was satisfied with that. Hoping for success in this time!!!!

TTC since Mai 2012

IVF/ICSI #1
ER: 14.01.14 (retrived 14 eggs, 8 was mature, all 8 fertilized)
ET: 17.01.14 (One, 8 cell perfect embryo transfered, 5 frosties)
BETA: 13dp3dpt, 30.01.2014
BFP on Clearblue digi on 30th January, FMU, before my BETA
1st BETA 49,
2nd BETA 3 Feb. 2014. was 120...
Our IVF failed...AF came 9.02.14

IVF #2
FET was scheduled 4.04.14
5 frosties didn`t survived the night...their`s development stopped..

IVF/ICSI #3
ER: 17.06.14 (retrived 12 eggs, 6 fertilized)
ET: 19.06.14 ( Two, 4-cell embies transfered) BFN!! 3 frosties

BETA: 14dp2dt, 03.07.14 Negative

IVF#4
FET is planned in beginning in September

Last edited by Liyana; March 31st, 2014 at 08:52 AM.
March 31st, 2014, 09:43 AM
Veteran
Liyana- All of that sounds wonderful! I am so happy everything is looking so great! This cycle is going to be fantastic! Keep us updated and I will be following along in your journey. MommaLee- I did two viles (sp?) of Menopur and 100 of Follistim daily. I did Lupron as my trigger shot because sometimes people with PCOS do better with it and don't get OHSS. They kept me pretty low on meds because I did so well with Femara and I have PCOS and didn't want me to have OHSS...but they were shocked they only got 4 mature eggs, when I had a TON of follicles on the U/S throughout the cycle. They said sometimes Lupron as a trigger causes the eggs to stick on the walls. A lot of people have PCOS and do great with the Lupron trigger. Please don't let my situation worry you...I have had so many crazy things happen in my cycle that happen to no one so, I wouldn't use my situation for comparison. XOXOX
Liyana likes this.
Not successful.

FET 7/11/2014
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

March 31st, 2014, 10:38 AM
Veteran
Hi ladies! After my failed fresh cycle, looks like u am going you all for a May transfer. AF came today. Super excited!!!

DH: 37 Me: 39
Three daughters (19, 17 & 13) from first marriage
2000--Tubal Ligation
2008--Divorce
2010--Remarried, DH has no biological children
2012--Tubal Reversal
2013--Ectopic Pregnancy (lost right tube)
2013--Left tube closed

IVF #1
3/14/14--ER 14 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized by ICSI
3/19/14--ET Two beautiful 5 day blasts transferred
March 31st, 2014, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelkl View Post
Liyana- All of that sounds wonderful! I am so happy everything is looking so great! This cycle is going to be fantastic! Keep us updated and I will be following along in your journey. MommaLee- I did two viles (sp?) of Menopur and 100 of Follistim daily. I did Lupron as my trigger shot because sometimes people with PCOS do better with it and don't get OHSS. They kept me pretty low on meds because I did so well with Femara and I have PCOS and didn't want me to have OHSS...but they were shocked they only got 4 mature eggs, when I had a TON of follicles on the U/S throughout the cycle. They said sometimes Lupron as a trigger causes the eggs to stick on the walls. A lot of people have PCOS and do great with the Lupron trigger. Please don't let my situation worry you...I have had so many crazy things happen in my cycle that happen to no one so, I wouldn't use my situation for comparison. XOXOX
Hi Kelkl!
Thank you for your post! Really appreciate it! So far things are going well with me,. but in processes like this things can be change very fast. I will keep you all posted for sure!

TTC since Mai 2012

IVF/ICSI #1
1st BETA 49,

IVF #2

IVF/ICSI #3

IVF#4

March 31st, 2014, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberCaramel View Post
Hi ladies! After my failed fresh cycle, looks like u am going you all for a May transfer. AF came today. Super excited!!!
Hi Amber
May I ask why your ivf cycle failed this time?
I am sorry that I am not so much informed...
But I really like your attitude..You lookk happy - thats good--- so now you can move on
Are you taking some meds now, from your CD 1, or you will start with meds on your next cycle?
Love to hear from you!

TTC since Mai 2012

IVF/ICSI #1
1st BETA 49,

IVF #2

IVF/ICSI #3

IVF#4

March 31st, 2014, 12:01 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Liyana- exciting that your transfer is so soon! Can't wait to hear how it goes. I have 5 frosties left as well. Goodluck and keep us posted!

Amber- Welcome! My DS is from my first FET after a failed IVF so I have good hopes for you! What kind of protocol will you be on? Any estimated transfer date? I am transferring 4/30 for my FET so I was just curious how close we are. This will be IVF #5 and my 3rd FET so let me know if you have any questions I can try and answer them!

Who had an appointment today or has one coming up? How's everyone feeling?
Liyana likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search