April/May IVF & FETers....come join!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree844Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Liyana - So so so sorry! Take your time and come back to us when you are ready! I am thinking of you and praying for you!

Erin - I haven't heard of vitrification? Is it a common practice here in the states? I am wondering if it is what my old RE froze with or not. I honestly have no clue on the procedure that was used. Great to hear that you are still moving forward! Awesome news!

Lee Ann - Those do sound like great numbers then! That is nice that you have access to a 7 day a week lab, but sucks you have to drive a bit farther. My RE now is 20 miles away. We will travel 2 hours for the transfer (embryologist is in a different city) but other wise all my labs and appointments are close and Im loving it! My old RE I drove 4 hours one way for each appointment so 8 hours each day for every single appointment. It sucked, but they were the closest to me sadly.

April - Seriously that would piss me off. To the point of asking to talk to her supervisor. She is being incredibly rude and unprofessional and that is not what you need from someone working with fertility patients.

Leah - I hope today went well for you! Update us when you can, but get some rest!

Christine - Yeah, the meds for a fresh cycle are crazy expensive sometimes! I hate that part! But yay for cycle buddies! Let us know how Sunday goes!

I cant remember who was talking about acupuncture, but every single time I have used it I have gotten pregnant. The first time I only had a session an hour before transfer. The last two times I had a session that was a continuous session but switched points for before, during, and after transfer. I paid $95 for the single session and the session offered through my RE the last two times I paid $260. My new RE here does not offer or work with anyone specific so I am trying to decide what to do there.

Sorry if I missed anyone. I am updating at work quickly while I had a break.

What does everyone have planned for the weekend? Anything fun?

April 4th, 2014, 01:07 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Liyana, I am soooo very sad to read this.I wish there was something I could do to take your pain and hurt away. Please know we are here for u when u are ready.
Liyana likes this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

April 4th, 2014, 01:13 PM
AFM...we got 4 eggs. Keeping positive as we got pg w Mallory w just 4 eggs.

So on my 4th IVF, on 4-4-14, I retrieved 4 eggs. Praying they are all mature and fertilize. I will find out Sunday when my transfer is. Praying I have 3 to transfer!!

Off to rest, promise to write more later!
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?

April 4th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
I posted in the other thread, but wanted to respond here as well.
It looks like 4 may be your lucky number! Goodluck and keep us posted! Get some rest!
*Leah* likes this.

April 4th, 2014, 02:20 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope they all fertilize!
April 4th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Super Mommy
Liyana- i am sooo sorry my Love. i pray for comfort & for peace through this difficult time. we are all here for you when you are ready. sending big ((HUGS)) your way! XOXO

MommaLee- i wish i could go see your acupuncture doc. the 35.00 sounds so great . i did it a long time ago & it was really relaxing. i hope i find one soon

RainbowCatcher- i thought about emailing the Dr, but DH asked me not to. he said all of the back & forth is unnecessary. i agree. he does want to address it when we go in for our calendar/protocol appt. i will do my best to bite my tongue

Hopingfor1-trust me lol, i'm pissed! every time i think about it my blood pressure starts to go up. my DH is incredibly patient (too patient if you ask me), he did not like that i was participating in the back & forth emailing. i explained that i called her but she placed me on hold & then sent me to VM. he said i could have prevented part of my frustration by speaking to her on the ph. half of me agrees, the other half wants to punch the office manager & DH at the same time lol. after hearing you got pregnant, i REALLY want to do acupuncture now!

Leah- i hope you get all of your eggs! i will be praying for those embies to grow & stay strong. we're all here cheering for you!!

i will be out with my Aunt & mom all weekend & probably wont check in. i hope everyone has a wonderful, stress free, baby dust covered weekend!!!

Medicated cycle Sept 2013 Failed Cycle

1st Nov 2013, IVF 16 eggs, 8 fertilized, 2 survived to day 5 - CGH screening
transferred 2 5d embies (2 boys) 12/5/13
no frosties
chemical pregnancy (beta1 25, beta2 39, beta3 41)
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

2nd IVF Feb 2014, 12 eggs, 10 fertilized, 2 survived to day 6 - PGD screening
transferred 2 6d embies (2 boys) 1/7/14
no frosties
beta1 3/17/14 .07 beta2 3/20/14 Failed Cycle

3rd IVF May 2014 ,12 eggs, day 2- 8 fertilized, day 3- 9 fertilized,
day 7 - 0 blasts Failed Cycle

4th IVF in Nov 2014
April 4th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry, Liyana.
Liyana and amberbanegas like this.

April 4th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
Alicia, I don't know if everyone uses it or not, but I would hope they do. It's been around for few years and the survival rate I've read is as high as 95% (just depends on what study you look at)... just is a process of freezing 600x faster.

Leah, that's awesome! Can't wait to hear your update!

April - this is the manager speaking to you like this? I hope you're at least going to say something when you see the doctor.. it's just not OK.

I have acupuncture set up for Wed before she goes out of town (my chiropractor is my accu) for spring break.... so that'll be the only time this cycle. From what you said Alicia, I hope that it does help! I was worried it wouldn't be enough. I have an adjustment and massage on Mon and the acupuncture on Wed. Good juju to my eggies!
April 5th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Veteran
Leah, 4 is your lucky number!!! So happy you got 4 eggs! I will be waiting for your Sunday post to confirm your transfer date. It is so exciting that you could have a baby on Christmas. What a gift for you!!!
*Leah* likes this.
IVF #1: 3/4/2014
Not successful. Refuse to dwell on the specifics.

FET 7/11/2014
Transferred 1 six day 5BB blast embryo
1st beta on 7/21/14 114.7
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S 8/7
Measured perfectly, looked perfect and HB was 121 (I may be bias on the perfect part.)
April 5th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Here's to all four being superstars Leah!!! Do you get a fert report today at all, or will they just call you tomorrow to let you know when transfer is?

Hoping - I love my acupuncture! I started it in 2011, but stopped when we started seeing an RE again (couldn't afford both). I started it up again in January to get ready for our cycle! It's stupidly expensive, but I've seen how it's affected my cycles in the past, so I figure I'm giving it everything I've got! I totaled up the cost of the supplements and acupuncture, and it's about 1/3 of what our cycle is costing us. She's also a 1.5 hour drive away, but at least it's only a half hour past our clinic?

I thought vitrification was pretty standard? At least in Canada?

Me: Autoimmune (Hashimotos and Fibromyalgia), vitamin D and calcium deficiency. Treated with Synthroid, supplements, TCM and acupuncture.

DH: Severe MFI (low counts, low motility, poor morphology and high antibodies), likely caused by poor liver function. Treated with Clomid to increase total counts.

DD: Conceived after 1 year of TTC with progesterone to correct LPD (likely caused by undiagnosed thyroid dysfunction). Born Aug 2009 via c/s after an induction due to pre-e and HELLP.

TTC #2 since Oct10 with an early loss in Aug 2011. Post-wash counts are too low for IUI to be successful, so moving on to IVF/ICSI in May 2014!

IVF/ICSI #1 (May 2014): Estrogen priming and antagonist protocol, including acupuncture and prayer!
17/05/14 - Baseline looks good, start Gonal-F 225iu and Luveris 75iu
28/05/14 - 18 eggs retrieved, 14 mature
29/05/14 - 13 fertilized!!! All are looking great still on day 3, so we're going to blast!
02/06/14 - Transferred one 1BC blast, with 3 other blasts and 3 morulas to watch and freeze
03/06/14 - All embryos have arrested. None to freeze
09/06/14 - Faint BFP at home at 7dp5dt!!!!!
10/06/14 - Beta?
April 5th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Thanks Muffin! I do not get a fert report They don't tell you anything except when to come in, when to drink your water etc...then the embryologist goes over everything and gives us pictures of our embabies right before transfer. They also do not give us betas until we've had both drawn. It SUCKS LOL....Yay for acup...I LOVE going as well!!!!

Thanks Kelkl - I'm actually sort of nervous, because the last two years I had due dates in December of 12/12/12 (m/c 9 weeks) and 12/24/13 m/c at 8 weeks) and we lost both. Xmas was really sad for me. I'm not sure what another loss in Dec will do to me! Praying I don't have to find out!

RainbowCatcher. I do acupuncture and I also did massage the last two cycles and I'm skipping it this time. I thought it would relax me - and did it 3-4 days before retrieval, but they say that it can release toxins into your body - so I'm not doing it this time just in case. Not saying you shouldn't get a massage, just wanted you to be aware (I'm sure you are) to drink lots of water to flush it all out of your system. So glad you get in an acup appt before she goes out of town!!! Good luck!!

April 5th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Veteran
Leah, this will be a good December for you! I want to find out when we can do or next cycle (and get a potential delivery month) but I won't know anything until AF comes! Hopefully these darn herbs will hurry her along!! Can't wait for your post tomorrow!!!!
*Leah* likes this.
IVF #1: 3/4/2014
Not successful. Refuse to dwell on the specifics.

FET 7/11/2014
Transferred 1 six day 5BB blast embryo
1st beta on 7/21/14 114.7
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S 8/7
Measured perfectly, looked perfect and HB was 121 (I may be bias on the perfect part.)
April 5th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Ugh, that is like pins & needles Leah.

BTW, I'm glad to read your review on SurePredict, I purchased 20 of them on Amazon last week! I never test so I'm going to break the cycle and test every day as soon as I get off bedrest
*Leah* likes this.
April 5th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Thanks Leah - the massage, did you do fertility massage or regular? I have chiropractic adjustment and massage Monday, but I'm also calling a fertility massage therapist to see if I can get it on her thoughts. I've talked to some people that felt it helped them prior to their ER... I guess w/ increasing circulation etc. Going to do more reading ... didn't know if you'd tried that before HOW DO YOU DO IT! I can't believe they make you wait that long! omg I'd die!! Are you going to be testing anyways???

Muffin - I would think it is too, but I'm not totally sure... that's why I threw it out there. When I was researching questions to ask potential REs, that was one of them - to find out whether they used vitrification or not.

AFM, Today is day 3 of Femara.. and honestly I'm WAY less evil than I was in Dec and Jan when I took it. This is a higher dose too. I just hope that means it's working on my ovaries and leaving my mental state alone...because those other times I got nothing. Even DH remarked this cycle is way more pleasant.

Ordered my medications today... so now I'm in it! It's so surreal.. going from being that person who may do IVF, that is learning about it and hoping to get a cycle for months and months.... to being someone in a cycle. I guess it's not really real until we actually do an ER. I just want to get a healthy embryo! Or two! Anyways, perspective is different, and being in a cycle really is so much easier than waiting. I can do 10 days. I can do 2 weeks. Those 75 days of not knowing when AF would come was torture.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend! They go by too fast!
*Leah* and april18 like this.
April 6th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Transfer is TOMORROW AT NOON !!! yay

Erin, I did regular massage, but they knew what I was doing. I just had gentle swedish massage for relaxation.

April, I would definitely discuss with SOMEONE the poor treatment this chick is giving, AND WTH? no invoices? I get statements each month, when something is due. I mean, you need this for tax purposes at the VERY least, not to mention, how can you make sure the charges are correct if you don't know about them or WHAT they are for? I"ve found several mistakes at my clinic and they were happy to fix them! I'm sorry she's being such a turd. ((HUGS))

April 6th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Best wishes Leah!!!!
*Leah* likes this.
April 6th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Yay!! Wishing you lots of luck tomorrow! I had my u/s this morning and I'm kind of torn. I had about 4-6 follicles on the left and then 2-3 on the right that were all about a 10mm (some a little above). I start cetrotide injections tonight along with 225 Bravelle / 150 menopur. I'm not sure if I'm responding well to the meds. I don't know if this is good or not. The RE told me that she shoots to get around 12-16 eggs and it just seems like I'm not getting that. I know it varies person to person but I'm just worried. This is it for me...if it fails, there isn't another. My lining was good at 8 point-something (I forget the point cause she moved onto the follicles quickly). I go back tomorrow morning for another u/s. MY ER is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, so I guess I have a couple of more days for everything to grow.
April 6th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Mommalee....good lluck! Sounds like your follies are getting there!!! Lining sounds great! Other follies can pop up...sounds like a few days more of meds and you'll be ready for trigger!! So excited for you...let us know how your next appt goes!!!

What day of meds are you on?

April 6th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Thank you. Tonight will be day 9 of meds.
April 6th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Leah, we'll be thinking of you tomorrow!! Let us know how it goes - will they at least tell you about your embies then!? Lee - KUP! You still have a decent #... at least I think so. I'm a little biased tho. Anything over 5 sounds amazing to me haha.. It only takes one!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search