June/July IVF & FET - come & join

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree373Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Veteran
Thank you, Nicole, Hoping, and April. It's fun to be able to share good news. I'm happy about the pregnancy but I know anything can happen. I'm just trying to take one day at a time. It's a high risk pregnancy. I'm 48 years old.

I gather, April, without having read all of the posts here yet, that you've had a problem with being let down by a sperm donor. That must have been very hard. I'm not sure if you have found a donor yet or are still looking. I need to read the posts. Anyway to ask someone to donate sperm is an intensely personal decision. Or to accept someone's unsolicited offer of sperm could be difficult as well. Three men offered sperm without my asking but I couldn't accept it. Though I had known all three men for a number of years I didn't feel a level of trust that I needed or else had a concern about the person's medical history. We all have certain criteria, needs, and expectations of someone who would do something so important for us.... For me I wanted a donor that was disease free and had a track record of producing healthy children. That's putting it a bit simply but I didn't want someone with a family history of colon cancer, for example, because there is some of that in my family. I didn't want the child to have two copies of a colon cancer gene.... That was my thinking initially. It got more involved over a couple of years but the proven track record of producing healthy children was probably the biggest factor in making the decision about a sperm donor. Also I knew there weren't unlimited funds to pursue IVF so I wanted the stack the odds for success with a proven donor.... It sounds like gardening "proven winners" are seeds that come from good stock. I don't mean to be crass but I was looking for success.... I hope that you find a donor that fits your needs.... I also was watching the PGA with my dad today. It was an amazing tournament.
August 10th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Veteran
How exciting Rachael! Congrats. I am sure that everything will turn out great!

April- I am so happy DH took you out to dinner for your anniversary. It sounded so fancy!! We just went to a chain restaurant because the irony of having our U/S on our anniversary was too much NOT to celebrate. I am 7 weeks, today. Wahoo! I am feeling off these days. I either have a headache, sickness, nausea, fatigue or a raging or non-existence appetite. I hope all of these are all good signs. I am hoping work the next few weeks will be manageable, as all I did this weekend was sleep and rest. I tried to go out and felt sick so I had to come home.

I hope all is well with everyone. I am so envious of everyone in the second trimester!! You all deserved it so I only slightly jealous.
amymperkins and Nicole_ISRJ like this.
IVF #1: 3/4/2014
Not successful. Refuse to dwell on the specifics.

FET 7/11/2014
Transferred 1 six day 5BB blast embryo
1st beta on 7/21/14 114.7
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S 8/7
Measured perfectly, looked perfect and HB was 121 (I may be bias on the perfect part.)
August 11th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Veteran
Thanks, Kelkl.

I thought it was interesting what you said about having an appetite or not. Sometimes I am really hungry as if I could just keep eating and sometimes I make a meal and after eating only half of it I'm done. I think this is due to the pregnancy. I can't remember feeling this way before.
August 11th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Super Mommy
Rachael- it was an exciting tournament. my dad was hootin & hollerin towards the end. he gets sucked into the game, I love it.

thanks for sharing your experience. for us the idea of DH not being able to father his own children was/is a hard pill to swallow. so for him & for me, we want to try to find a donor with similar physical characteristics if possible & with a warm personality too. it's kind of like trying to catch lightening in a bottle lol.

congrats on your miracle!

Kelkl- congrats on being 7 weeks, that's wonderful news! don't be jeally, you will be in your 2nd trimester soon .

all of those symptoms sound so overwhelming, but i'm sure all good signs to a healthy pregnancy! try to get lots of rest & stay hydrated. I hope your work is manageable too so you don't get too stressed out.

afm- I messaged the potential donor today & no word back. I don't think that's a good sign :/. i'm just going to try to stay positive & continue to pray.

sending hugs to all of you Beauties!

Medicated cycle Sept 2013 Failed Cycle

1st Nov 2013, IVF 16 eggs, 8 fertilized, 2 survived to day 5 - CGH screening
transferred 2 5d embies (2 boys) 12/5/13
no frosties
chemical pregnancy (beta1 25, beta2 39, beta3 41)
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

2nd IVF Feb 2014, 12 eggs, 10 fertilized, 2 survived to day 6 - PGD screening
transferred 2 6d embies (2 boys) 1/7/14
no frosties
beta1 3/17/14 .07 beta2 3/20/14 Failed Cycle

3rd IVF May 2014 ,12 eggs, day 2- 8 fertilized, day 3- 9 fertilized,
day 7 - 0 blasts Failed Cycle

4th IVF in Nov 2014
August 12th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Veteran
Hi Ladies,

Rachael, CONGRATS!!!!!!!! What GREAT news!!!!! Please continue to keep us updated. YAYYYYY!!!

April, I hope you hear back from the donor soon. I love that you're looking for a specific donor that shares your hubbies qualities. I know you will find someone soon and I hope they get back to you (one way or another)! I am sure waiting is the worst. I want you to find someone so badly. Although I do know that biologically fathering a child should be something your DH should rightfully have the ability to do, I am sure you will remind your hubby that being a father is way more than where the sperm came from. Please know that you are not alone, although I know that also doesn't make it easier.

Kelkl, I hope you're feeling ok. I am feeling some of the same things. The worst things are the nausea in the AM and honestly, I don't feel very hungry and must force myself to eat. This is odd for me since I love food! When is your next u/s? What are you doing with your RE to follow up?

AFM - I also agree that I am jealous of everyone in the 2nd trimester. I am so nervous and want to feel less anxious. We had an u/s yesterday and I had more bloodwork. Today I got a call updating me with my numbers and the nurse told me to decrease my estradiol from 3x/day to 2x/day. This change is a good one but of course it makes me nervous. I will find out about progesterone tomorrow.

Is anyone else changing meds yet?

Nicole & Moon, how are you?

Last edited by HopingForBaby214; August 12th, 2014 at 02:30 PM.
August 12th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Veteran
Hi Hoping- At my last U/S they took me off etrace vaginally and decreased my PIO injections to half mg. I love food too and sometimes I can't eat until my mid-day snack. I am sure it is my hormones but I am soooo paranoid about my symptoms. If they leave me for a day, I think the worst. I am hanging in there though. I don't have my next U/S for 2 more weeks. It is going to be killer. I meet with my OBGYN next week but it is a consultation visit, not a U/S visit. I think my RE will release me to the OBGYN if everything looks good at my next U/S in 2 weeks. The endometrin is bothering my cervix but I am hanging in there...although, I just realized for my afternoon snack I ate a PB&J sandwich, some hummus and carrots and some sprite. Maybe my large appetite is a symptom. LOL

Hope all is well with everyone...the first trimester is DRAGGING ON!

FET 7/11/2014
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S 8/7
Measured perfectly, looked perfect and HB was 121 (I may be bias on the perfect part.)
August 12th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Super Mommy
HI Beauties!!!

Hoping-it sounds like your body is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing for your clinic to decrease your meds, YAY! as for the US that must have been a heart warming moment <3.

Thank you for being so supportive! I feel like we get the sideways eye from people that know we're doing this. our RE was like, just pick a donor! DH or I didn't say anything during that consult. i do understand & agree with you about what you said on being a dad . i pray we get the opportunity, & soon!

Kelkl-sorry the meds don't agree with your cervix. hopefully you wont have to take any more support meds soon . i don't blame you for being paranoid about your lack of symptoms, i think i would feel the same way.
i heard snacking & eating can actually reduce morning sickness. maybe your healthy snacking is helping to reduce your symptoms?

afm- the search continues. still no word from the potential donor & i messaged him yesterday morning .

sending hugs to all of you Beauties!!! XOXO

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

4th IVF in Nov 2014
August 13th, 2014, 04:57 AM
Veteran
April - I think you are doing what's best for YOUR family and no one can rush you or pressure you into "just" picking! To you, there isn't any "just" about it, it seems! I pray your opportunity comes soon. Yes, it is heartwarming to see the u/s (and you will too, soon, I feel it), but I am apprehensive. I wish it was a few more weeks along so I would feel less scared.

Kelkl - You sound EXACTLY like me! And I have been loving PB&J too. I gave up caffeine/dark soda (colas) the day of my transfer and have sprite too when I need some fizz! Hey, it's caffeine free! Is your next u/s a 9 week u/s? I had a 2 week wait between my 6w and 8w u/s but it did go by surprisingly fast in retrospect. Your FET was 7/11, right? I remember three of us had close dates and I thought the 7th and 11th were lucky numbers...

August 13th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Veteran
April, hang in there. If you feel strongly about something, then stick to it. Who cares what everyone else thinks. Especially when they all get to have sex once and magically get preggo. UGH! LOL I truly believe you will find the right donor. You'll do things your way and it will be worth it.

Hoping, great news on less meds! Means your body is happy being pregnant! I WISH i could get off them...I truly believe that's why I"m so sick. Both of my sisters have no morning sickness when preg...but I'm always sick and I'm always on these meds. I suspect the progesterone, but the esterase messes with my appetite too.

Kelkl, I wish I could magically make you 12 weeks along I hate all the nerves! LOL I'm a horrible pregnant person, I certainly don't glow. I promised I would enjoy it this time and really soak it in because it's my last. My husband laughs and reminds me that I said that... every time I'm laying around complaining, HA. The best intentions! I don't want to wish the time away, but it's hard not to. Oh, and I'm living on Sprite right now, and I never drink soda! Whatever works

Looking for suggestions...Since I'm no longer with my RE, I am basically telling my OB how to proceed. She's willing to do any ultrasounds that I ask for. So should I have another ultrasound? I had one at 6.5 weeks. We saw both heartbeats and good measurements... Should I schedule another for 8.5 weeks, or just wait? When do normal people have their first ultrasound? There's really no reason to have another except to convince me that nothing is wrong.
2006-2009: TTC #1, 2 yrs w/o help, 6 BFN clomid cycles, IUI#1 BFN IUI#2 BFP! DD born 8/2009
2010: BFP w/o help!! M/C @ 11 weeks
2010-2012: TTC #2, 6 BFN clomid cycles, IUI#1 BFP! DS born 10/2012
2013-2014: TTC #3 6 BFN clomid cycles, IUI #1 BFN, IUI #2 BFN, First IVF Total fertilization failure , rescue ICSI, 5 good quality frozen blastocysts!FET #1 7/7/14 5dt of two hatching blastocysts Beta #1 503 @9dp5dt!! Beta #2 1187 @11dp5dtIt's TWINS!!! Saw both heartbeats at 6.5 week ultrasound!

August 13th, 2014, 11:45 PM
Super Mommy
you girls are the BEST!

Hoping- thank you for being so sweet & understanding. I pray our opportunity comes soon too! i'm obsessed with sperm lol.
I hope the time passes quickly for you so you can breath a sigh a relief & start to enjoy it! it's such a miracle & its hard to embrace it when you're so nervous. sending relaxing thoughts your way

Nicole-thanks for the support! i was giggling at the sex comment! ugggh i wish it was that easy .
your OB sounds amazing <3. are daily US too much to ask for? lol, jk. 8.5 weeks sounds good, but i'm not sure what the standard is, sorry i'm not much help.

Kelkl-sending loving thoughts your way. any change in symptoms for you? when is your next check up? do you get an US at that appt? sorry if you already said that info, i couldn't remember.

AFM- no donor news. DH has a SA on Friday. i keep asking him if he remembers, i think he's getting annoyed. if i don't stay on top of him he always forgets. so i guess i'll keep nagging.

HUGS to all of you Beauties ! XOXOXO

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

4th IVF in Nov 2014
August 15th, 2014, 01:43 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nicole, my RE saw me until 10w and I had a weekly u/s. My OB sees me every 3 weeks until 20w and they do an u/s at each. At 20w, my OB will see me every 2 weeks until 30w. At 30 weeks, she will see me weekly.

Doppler is not accurate for twins because they won't be able to tell if they really are listening to each baby. Do you feel comfortable with your OB? Just seems strange that she doesn't have a protocol for a twin pregnancy.

April, Hugs. I hope you hear something soon - either way, just so you know.

Kelkl, woohoo for 7 weeks.

Rachael, congrats!
August 15th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Veteran
Hi all,Just letting the days go by...I have an appointment with my ob in a week and then one with my re the week after that. I seem to no longer have ms but my food preferences are quite limited. I change my mind often, so much so that my husband will ask me what I want for dinner mid-afternoon and before he cooks it, ask again. I don't stick to our dinner menu very often. I even stuck my nose up at filet mignon, insisting it smelled bad. It was just me. Wish work would slow down...have to work this weekend to catch up. How is everyone else?

FET 7/11/2014
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S 8/7
August 17th, 2014, 12:14 AM
Super Mommy
MommaLee- <3 thank you! I'm praying for a miracle

Kelkl-yay on no more MS! as for being more particular about you diet, I heard that's very common. your hubby sounds SO sweet & doting!!! I love to hear when men take care of their wives, but it's extra special when it's one of our friends .

sending hugs <3

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

4th IVF in Nov 2014
August 18th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Veteran
Thank you, April, Hoping, and MommaLee.

I'm starting to figure out where everybody is with this fertility journey. April, your donor situation has been on my mind. I really hope things work out for you and your husband soon.

As for me, I'm doing fine, I think. I've never been pregnant before and really don't know what's normal. Sometimes I have some cramping, nothing intense. Yesterday I was having it every 4 minutes or so. I didn't time it but I was curious if it was that regular. I was a little concerned but tried to just take it easy -- polished some shoes, mended some shirts, and went for a walk. The cramps went away, and I didn't have any today. Haven't had any spotting since that one stressful day at work, I don't think.... My mom and dad know but my brothers don't. My older brother called yesterday and said he and his wife will be coming to town in September. I guess they're gonna get some news that they didn't expect!.... My first obstetrical ultrasound will be on Friday. Hopefully there will be a heartbeat.

You ladies are great.
MommaLee likes this.

Last edited by Rachael339; August 18th, 2014 at 05:42 PM.
August 18th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Veteran
Rachael- Friday is almost here, yayayayayayya! Yes, cramping is totally normal bc your uterus is growing so much. Yea, I am learning a bunch this pregnancy too. I spent the night in the ER because I couldn't stop throwing up. It was terrible. I got a RX for Zofran so if it starts tonight, I may actually be able to sleep.

April, have you started to look at alternative donors?

Sorry I am being so brief, I am still really weak from all the throwing up and not eating. I'll write more soon.

FET 7/11/2014
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S 8/7
August 18th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Super Mommy
Rachael - i'm sure your brother & your SIL are going to be over the moon excited when you share their news with them . I hope the cramping isn't painful. I hope you get to hear the heartbeat on Friday! only a couple of more days to go <3!!! thank you for thinking of us !

Kelkl- Oh Lovie, i'm so sorry to hear you got SO sick! what caused that? is it just intense morning sickness? please stay hydrated & get plenty of rest!!! sending warm hugs your way & I hope you feel better soon.
as for our search, I've been reaching out to some people here & there, one guy actually replied & said he would have an answer for us in 10 days. i'm praying he says YES! in the mean time i'm going to try to still look.

sending hugs to all of you!
MommaLee likes this.

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

4th IVF in Nov 2014
August 19th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Veteran
Hey April! So glad there are more potentials out there for you! YAYA! Did the couple never write back when you pinged them? Are you on FB again? Or you accepting any friend requests, LOL. If so, you should send me your link in a personal message. Don't worry, I don't say anything about pregnancy or IVF or anything personal. I have even posted a few detours on my own page that all you IVF ladies would know are false (like having a glass of wine).

AFM- It was the oddest thing, I started vomiting at 10:45 PM on Sunday night and kept vomiting every 30 minutes to hour and a half until we went to the ER and they gave me Zofran to make it stop. The ER was slammed so we had to wait 5 hours to be seen. At about 6 AM I started to cry from feeling so bad (and I am not a cry'er) that they put an IV in to help with my blood sugar. Once I got admitted they checked my electrolytes and checked for anything UTI related. Both came back good. I thought it was pregnancy sickness but I also had a fever and today diarrhea, not signs of pregnancy sickness. The good thing is that there was never any spotting or pain. I of course have no symptoms again but since I saw the baby after this happened last time, I am less concerned this time around. I see the RE next Tuesday (yay, only 7 more days) and my OBGYN for a consult on Thursday. I read that sicknesses like this usually don't hurt the baby as long as you stay hydrated. I am eating again, not much, but something. I am still so weak from lack of food and vomiting. I have never been so sick in my life. If this is pregnancy related, I am not complaining. I want this little bean so bad. If it is the flu, d**n you! LOL
amymperkins likes this.

FET 7/11/2014
2nd beta on 7/23/14 233
3rd beta on 7/25/14 474

First U/S 8/7
August 19th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Super Mommy
kelkl!!! Honey, is it the flu? I hope not!!! dang, that sounds so awful. I would have been crying too, that's a lot go through in the first trimester. i'm sending you lots of healing prayers. I love that through all of this you still have a silver lining "never any spotting or pain." girl! you are such a tropper !!!

I messaged that couple & no response. that kinda hurt my feelings. the least they could've done is said we thought it over & it's not for us.

I hope you regain your strength soon! XOXO

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

4th IVF in Nov 2014
August 22nd, 2014, 04:03 PM
Veteran
Kelkl, it sounds like you had quite the awful evening at the ER. I hope that you're back to normal now.

This morning I went to see the doctor for my first obstetrical ultrasound. Before the exam the doctor said that at 6 weeks you can't always see a heartbeat but that he really wanted to see a gestational sac. I listened and indicated understanding but I was thinking, "There's going to be a heartbeat!" All my efforts lately have been aimed at getting that embryo to grow, for the cells to multiply, and ultimately to see a heartbeat today! Well, I was not let down. The doctor said that the bean (my word -- I can't remember what he called it) is 4 - 5 mm which is where it should be and that it had a strong heartbeat. Yea! He said that he was very happy and that he was actually "delighted" that I didn't have two beans growing because there are issues with advanced maternal age and twins. I was actually relieved myself. I had prepared myself for twins in case both embryos liked my apartment and decided to stay, but I actually was also really wondering about the logistics of caring for two babies at once. Anyway I'm very happy with the U/S result. I told my mom that it's okay to tell my younger brother why she's been coming over to my house every morning. (He'd asked and my dad had told him that he didn't know. Mom's been shooting me in the butt with progesterone every morning.) But I'm not going to tell the big brother 'til he comes to visit.... I must say that I agonized over the decision to become a single mom. It took years. I was raised in a very traditional manner, but I'm glad that I went ahead and made the decision because I think I may actually become a mom.
August 22nd, 2014, 05:23 PM
Super Mommy
hi Rachael! great news on your perfect US . it sounds like your little bean is doing great! as for your decision to become a single mom, I give you a lot of credit! for me, I've always had the desire to be a mommy. i'm sure you feel the same way & it's great that your dream came true .

sending HUGS!!!

no frosties
AF 12/23/13 Failed Cycle

no frosties

4th IVF in Nov 2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search