Jan & Feb 2017 - IVF & FET

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree597Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2016, 05:15 PM
mrs.ceebee.0915's Avatar fingers crossed...
Hi ladies!! Not sure who is cycling in the new year, but I thought I would start a new thread for those of us who are! Let us know a bit about you and where you are in getting ready to cycle!

My name is Ginger and my hubs and I did an IVF cycle 2 years ago, which gave us our beautiful son who likes to push my buttons! But we are ready to start another cycle again. I just got my new calendar, and I will be starting BCP at the end of January and meds around the second week of February. I am nervous about doing this again, but I am hopeful it will work again. We didn't have any frosties left from our precious cycle, so this will be a full fresh cycle for us again.

Welcome everyone, I'm excited to get to know everyone!

ttc and start our family since august 2011 <3

and now we are 3.

hoping for a little as we gear up to cycle in Feb/March 2017!
December 31st, 2016, 04:21 PM
I ordered my meds yesterday. They will arrive next Wednesday. I was nervous ordering them, but excited too!!
MandyEllen likes this.

and now we are 3.

January 3rd, 2017, 10:23 AM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am on bcp right now for a synthetic FET. My transfer is scheduled for 2/7/17. We use donor eggs. This is a new donor since our last donor gave us our DD (2.5) and one frostie, who didn't result in a pregnancy. We did a fresh cycle with this new donor and that didn't result in a pregnancy either. I think that this will be our last cycle no matter the result. We just can't afford many more cycles. Right now, we have 7 frozen embryos and I'm hoping to transfer two. I need to talk to my RE to see that she's on board with that. But my history of this being our 11th procedure and only having one baby makes me want to ask at least.
mrs.ceebee.0915 likes this.

Mom of DD age 3
Due 2/1/18 with Baby #2
January 4th, 2017, 08:03 AM
Super Mommy
Good luck to all of you ladies in January and February! I will be cheering you on like crazy!
January 4th, 2017, 06:15 PM
Yay, MandyEllen, I am so excited to have someone to (kinda) cycle with!! Is there a reason your RE won't let you transfer 2? Does she usually limit transfers to only 1? I know at my clinic, we can transfer up to 2, but that is it. My doctor leaves it up to us to pick 1 or 2, but he doesn't do transfers of 3 as far as I know. Is it the same RE from your previous cycles? I see in your siggy you transferred 2 in 2013. I hope she lets you transfer 2 though, if that is what you and DH want to do! So excited for you, only a little over a month to your transfer day!!!

Afm - I am just in the waiting-to-start-BCP stage. AF came on Christmas morning (just the present I wanted, haha), so I am waiting for my next AF to come around the end of this month. Not sure when exactly. I had been pretty regular with 32 day cycles, but this last cycle was only 29 days, so I am not sure what to plan for this time around. In some ways I hope to have a shorter cycle again this time, because it means we will be starting our IVF cycle sooner, haha. But then I also want everything to stay on track as it makes me worry less about something being "off". But my meds came today!!! That excites me! I knew when they were coming, but it was still exciting, lol. Just makes it all feel a bit more real for me. I am trying to find a place to stay for our cycle (our clinic is out of state), but I am also wanting to wait til AF arrives so I don't have to change our booking, but I am just anxious to have it all in place already! Traveling with our little guy isn't as easy, so the more I can plan out early, the less stressed I am as the traveling days get closer. That is it for me really. Just need to go to my local pharmacy for my BCP to have them ready to go, and otherwise I am just waiting. Getting nervous about the shots again (I hate needles) and nervous about if this cycle will work again, but I am trying to be optimistic about it all too!

and now we are 3.

January 5th, 2017, 06:40 AM
Mrs. Ceebee-
It is the same clinic from all my last procedures. I use Donor Eggs, so the quality of the embryos should be outstanding. It is my clinic's experience that they get the same pregnancy rate with transferring one as they do too and they prefer not to make twin (high risk) pregnancies for the sake of the mother. However, this will be my 11th transfer with only one pregnancy resulting ever. My daughter's transfer was a 2 embryo transfer because the embryos were only Day 3. The RE wasn't sure that we'd make it to blastocyst so she transferred both. I got one baby. These frozen embryos I have now are five Day 5 and two Day 6 embryos. But based on my history, I'm going to try to make a case that we can transfer two. This is going to be our last cycle no matter what the outcome because we simply cannot afford to keep doing this. My insurance will run out after this cycle and it would be about $7,000 out of pocket each time. After all the money we've already put into IVF (probably about $75,000 since 2011), it just doesn't make sense to keep pounding our heads against the wall with the same negative result. I'm on BCP right now. I have my next monitoring appointment on 1/14/17 and will start Lupron that night hopefully. I got my period the day after Christmas. Haha.

Congrats on getting your meds! Any small step is progress, I feel! I can't wait to see how this all goes for us. It's going to be good. I'll check back here this afternoon to see if anyone else has responded. It might just be me and you. Back when I had my daughter (and the 2 years before) this board was jumping! I made some good friends on here (virtually and now via text or facebook).

Mom of DD age 3
Due 2/1/18 with Baby #2
January 5th, 2017, 10:07 AM
MandyEllen, yep, that is the same reason my doctor won't transfer 3. He says unless there is a special circumstance, he does not transfer more than 2, because he does not see the need when transferring 1 or 2 will result in a pregnancy just the same and it won't be as chancy of it being high risk (even though, yes a twin preg is still high risk). But I do hope your RE will let you transfer 2! I understand what you mean about this being your last cycle as well. Our insurance covers practically nothing on our cycles (this cycle they're covering 1 med and my BCP), so it has mostly been OOP for us. Saving up for it is much harder now with a little one (not that it was crazy easy before or nothing), but we just cannot see being able to keep trying with IVF unless we get different insurance down the line. Kind of makes me a bit more nervous about this cycle as I am super hopeful for it, but there isn't really anything else I can do to make the outcome the one I want, but be hopeful. I am not very well versed in the use of Donor Embryos, so don't feel like you have to answer, but what happens to the other Donor Embryos you have if this is your last cycle? Will you keep them? Or donate them to another couple? Again, I am just curious, but will not be hurt if you don't want to share.

Getting the meds is a step forward, you are right! I am just anxious to move forward now that it feels so close! I remember when I got my meds last time, and then it just felt like time flew by (from what I remember, haha), but I am sure it was the same as this time with me being anxious and ready to truly start my cycle. I am hoping we have another couple ladies to cycle with us, but you're right, it may just be me and you this time around. And that is okay, we can cheer each other on all the same! The boards were busier during my last cycle too, and I made some good friends through here as well. I am bummed it has gotten quiet, but I am hoping it is just a lull for now.

What meds are you on for your cycle? Just Lupron? I will be on Follistim, Menopur, and Lupron again this cycle.

and now we are 3.

January 5th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll come join you ladies I have been meaning to for a few days now but have been so busy!! I can chat more later but for now I just wanted to say HI and that I hope we all get our babies to come home with after our cycles!! Depending on AF I should be having a transfer the first week of FEB. I have some of my details in my siggy but I am looking forward to getting to know you all more! <3

Praying with everything I'm made of to have my angels in real life
Everything that I can dream of is that. Praying my snow-babies and I can be united soon !!

IVF Cycle 5/4/2016 23 Eggs Retrieved, 14 Fertilized, No transfer(OHSS) 8 Frozen
FET 6/2/2016- 2 Embryos transferred FX 2 Embryos Implant
BETA #1 6/15/16 Results Negative *trying to get excited for another cycle
FET #2 8/1/2016- Praying this is it
Beta #1 8/12/2016- Its another negative..Already heartbroken so keeping some distance...
ER # 2 12/14/2016- 16 Follies retrieved, 8 Fertilized, 5 frozen *praying they thaw ok
FET #3 2/07/17 2 thawed 2 transferred!! Today was a success. Fx for beta day!
2/14/17 First EVER BFP! Watch out for my tears of joy

2/20/17 Beta#1 277
2/23/17 Beta#2 8,945 Did I hear the nurse right?!?
3/10/17 U/S scheduled! Pray I see a healthy bean..or 2
3/10/17 First U/S one beautiful HB 168 one perfect jelly bean...Oh no, watch out for those tears again!!

**Taking this one step at a time, but really praying that 2017 can make me a momma.

January 5th, 2017, 05:19 PM
Hi Joslyn! Yay for one more February cycler!! Are you doing a fresh cycle, or a FET?
Joslynj11 likes this.

and now we are 3.

January 6th, 2017, 07:34 AM
Hi Joslyn! I love your name! So pretty. My cousin's name is Jocelyn and I've always thought it was girly yet strong. My transfer is Feb 7, so we might be right at the same point. I'm doing a FET. Are you fresh or frozen.

Mrs. CeeBee: To answer your question, I use donor eggs, not donor embryos. My husband's sperm fertilized another lady's eggs. Donor Embryos would not be genetically related to either my husband or me (If you were on here when LASH was, she used donor embryos). The egg donor is anonymous to me. Before cycling with my daughter, it took a lot of counseling to get to the point that I was open to using donor eggs (DE). I had to grieve my fertility and the fantasy of the children I always pictured in my head. Now, with an almost 3 yr old little girl (Greenlee), I know that DE doesn't matter. DNA is not what makes a mother, but raising this little woman child is. I give talks at my clinic 3-4 times per year describing my struggle and mental state going into DE to other couples who have to decide the route they are going to take to make a family.
After this cycle, we'll have 5 frozen embryos leftover (if we transfer two). My clinic doesn't do embryo adoption. I would love to have donated them to another couple. So, I'm going to keep them in storage until the year is up and then I'll see how we feel. We signed the consents that we would donate them to research. It's tough. I feel like they all deserve a chance at life. I am attached to them all in a motherly way. I think that I need to prepare myself that research is a good thing so that other people can be helped.

I'm glad the three of us are together!

Mom of DD age 3
Due 2/1/18 with Baby #2
January 6th, 2017, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey you two!! I am so happy to be here cycling with you both! Thanks for the patience with me, it has been crazy at work this week and I really only post at work because this is where I have computer access. I hate posting from my phone because I feel like I spend more time correcting myself then actually writing a post out haha!

Anywho, a little bit about me. This will be my 3rd FET with no baby to take home yet so I am of course a ball of nerves. Each transfer we have transfer 2 and we plan to go that route again this time. I pray with everything that I will have at least one healthy baby boy or girl who can come home with us but would absolutely LOVE twins!! Like I said though perfectly fine with one if that's what God will give us
I completely understand what you all are talking about with this being your last. This will be our last for a while too as I will be out of insurance coverage and we are no where near ready to take on this expense on our own OPP so I am praying with everything I am made of that this can be our lucky cycle. I am excited to get to know you ladies and hope we have some BFPs from our group! I am glad we are all 3 together too!!

Mandy- I hope you can convince your DR. to let you transfer 2, when will you know? I think its beautiful what you wrote about motherhood and I think you are absolute right and I love the name Greenlee!!

Mrs.CeeBee- I think the meds we the hardest obstacle to over come last ER so I think you have smooth sailing in front of you.

Well I will look forward to checking back in with ya'll soon!! Hopefully Monday but we'll see how this snow goes this weekend. Might be working from home Monday, yikes hehe

Praying with everything I'm made of to have my angels in real life
Everything that I can dream of is that. Praying my snow-babies and I can be united soon !!

IVF Cycle 5/4/2016 23 Eggs Retrieved, 14 Fertilized, No transfer(OHSS) 8 Frozen
FET 6/2/2016- 2 Embryos transferred FX 2 Embryos Implant
BETA #1 6/15/16 Results Negative *trying to get excited for another cycle
FET #2 8/1/2016- Praying this is it
Beta #1 8/12/2016- Its another negative..Already heartbroken so keeping some distance...
ER # 2 12/14/2016- 16 Follies retrieved, 8 Fertilized, 5 frozen *praying they thaw ok
FET #3 2/07/17 2 thawed 2 transferred!! Today was a success. Fx for beta day!
2/14/17 First EVER BFP! Watch out for my tears of joy

2/20/17 Beta#1 277
2/23/17 Beta#2 8,945 Did I hear the nurse right?!?
3/10/17 U/S scheduled! Pray I see a healthy bean..or 2
3/10/17 First U/S one beautiful HB 168 one perfect jelly bean...Oh no, watch out for those tears again!!

**Taking this one step at a time, but really praying that 2017 can make me a momma.

January 6th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Hope to be a Mega Mommy
Hello Ladies,

I'm cycling this month too!!!! Finally...was supposed to cycle last month but af did not show but I finally ovulated so I start my leap protocal on Sunday and stims with next af in 10 days!

Hi Mandy - it sucks that your RE wont let you transfer 2. I have had 3 transfers and transferred 4 each time... I got to take home 2 babies coz only 1 took the two times...My RE Always lets us know what the risks are but with my issues I am comfortable transferring 4. Although I don't know what I would do if all four took...eeek.

Hi Ginger - We cycle together again. How is Wes doing?

Hi Joslyn - Its our turn, I think our transfers will be right arround the same time too!

All the best ladies, I have been so busy with a huge project at work and will try to come in more often as I have been MIA the past 3 weeks.
Have a great weekend!
mrs.ceebee.0915 and Joslynj11 like this.
January 6th, 2017, 07:37 PM
MandyEllen - sorry, as I was typing I was writing embryo, but I do remember you saying it was just donor eggs. I was here when LASH was too, so I remember her cycling too! I think it is so awesome that you give talks at your clinic about your experience! I think hearing from other ladies and other couples about what they actually went through was so helpful when I first got started with our journey. It was heartbreaking to hear some of the stories, but also so uplifting to hear of those who have gotten their baby after all of it! It is a bummer your clinic doesn't allow you to donate the embryos to another couple, but I also think it is lovely of you to consider research as well. Research and do wonders in the long run, but I can understand it is still a big decision to have to make all the same.

Joslyn - I was just telling my hubs about how much this site sucks on my phone! I always hop on the computer when he is off work as anything longer than a couple lines via my phone always needs to be re-edited or comes out wonky or is just a pain to type! Blah. But I hope this cycle is the one for you!! Do you have a tentative date for your FET? Can I ask why you didn't do a transfer after your ER in December? I saw in your siggy you got OHSS after your first ER, did you get it again? If you don't want to answer, that is okay, I am just curious. I was totally nervous about OHSS on my last cycle as they upped my meds a bunch at the end. Hope you don't get snowed it this weekend - unless you want to be, haha!

BabyDustme - Hi again!!! So exciting you're starting things up on Sunday!!! What is a leap protocol? I remember hearing the term before, but don't remember what it is. Something for me to look up later tonight! But that is so exciting that you may be starting soon!! Wow, I cannot imagine transferring 4 (plus I'm a bit jealous - in a good way - of having that many embryos, lol), but that is courageous of you! We know the chances of transferring 2 and I know of a lady who did transfer 2 and they both split for 2 sets of twins, so knowing we are even "chancing" that is a bit scary for us, but we would love them all all the same. We kind of hope for multiples this cycle, only because it may be our last time to cycle, but really, we would be super excited just for a single baby to bring home, so we aren't really hoping for anything specific so as not to be let down later. It is hard, lol, but I feel it is better for me not to get my hopes up too much. And Wes is doing good, thanks for asking! He is going to be 16months tomorrow - time has just flown by! He is doing good though and is practicing walking on his own, and getting it down faster than we are ready for, lol. But he is our cute little man and I still love watching him sleep, just as I did when he was first born. I can't imagine my life without him, and really really hope we can make him a sibling here with this cycle!

afm - Not much going on really. Looks like I will probably be cycling later than all of you ladies, but I will still be here to cheer you on for sure! Everyday I check the calendar to see where I am waiting for AF to arrive, haha. I feel lame looking everyday, but I just want to start my cycle so badly, I cannot help but count down the days! Seeing my follistim in the cheese drawer doesn't help, lol. But at the same time I am dreading the shots again. I remember in the beginning I could get over them okay and they weren't so bad, but at the end they had gotten more painful from the lack of spots left to poke me anymore. But my hubs is a trooper and is going to be giving me all my shots again this cycle. Just the thought of having to do it myself scares me.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
BabyDustme likes this.

and now we are 3.

January 9th, 2017, 08:55 AM
Hope to be a Mega Mommy
Hi Ginger,

Hope you had a great weekend. In this protocol, the pretreatment cycle is a natural cycle (no BCP). About a week after ovulation, a GnRH antagonist (Ganirelix or Cetrotide) is started to prevent premature recruitment of follicles, an effect often seen in premature aging ovaries. In addition, estrogen is used to provide the young follicles an optimal condition to grow. Stimulation medications are stated on day 3 of the next menses and the antagonist would be used again later to prevent premature ovulation

I use Estrace and cetrodtide(3days) before expected af and I keep taking Estrace through stim meds... However, AF came yesterday so going in tomorrow for u/s possibly starting stims on Wednesday....Gahhhh!

How is everyone else doing?
January 9th, 2017, 11:48 AM
Starting stims on Wed, BabyDustme! Wahoo! When would your retrieval and transfer be then? Exciting!

Mom of DD age 3
Due 2/1/18 with Baby #2
January 9th, 2017, 02:38 PM
BabyDustme - Ooooh, so exciting you are starting your cycle soon!!!! How do you feel about it? Ready? Nervous? Excited? I wish I could cycle without BCP! They make so moody, or uber moody as my hubs says, lol. Last cycle I was on BCP for months before my cycle, but this time only 2 weeks-ish. Eeekk, I can't wait for Wednesday for you!!

afm - Nothing much going on, just waiting for AF again. I did go to my local pharmacy to get my BCP and doxy for the hubs and I for when our cycle starts. There is one pharmacist who is always rude to customers everytime I've seen her, and of course she is there when I go to put in for my scripts. I expla I need to her that I need the scripts transferred from another pharmacy so I can use my insurance for these meds. I remember having issues with the doxy last time, but the other pharmacist was working that day and helped me with it all. This lady then gives me the third degree on why I'm getting my meds from different pharmacies an ddc how much trouble it is for them to have to call about my meds and why didn't I just have my prescription called into them originally!?! All of this in front of other customers and such. I finally just told her I'll come back at another time if she can't help, and she just grabbed the info she had written down and huffed away saying she will get to it when she has a free moment and they would call me IF they can fill my script. Ugh, she annoys me so much!! It isn't her business why I choose to go where I go. Blah. So far I haven't heard back, but I'll give them another day or 2 bedore calling about it since I still have time.

Can't wait for all of you lovelies to start your cycles!!!
BabyDustme and Joslynj11 like this.

and now we are 3.

January 10th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Hope to be a Mega Mommy
Hello Ladies, I am sooo excited to start, I feel ready and actually dont mind the injections so much yet. (I'm currently doing 1 antagonist every morning, last one will be tomorrow.) But I think I start stims tomorrow morning...Waiting for my RE office to call. If I start stims tomorrow retrieval might be on the 22nd. My u/s this morning showed no cists so waiting on the blood work.

Ginger, I used bcp on my first round and they gave me migraines, my re was able to give me different lower dosage tho and that helped even though I was only on them for 2 weeks or so. Maybe you could ask? Wow that Pharmacist sounds like a jerk. I would have a hard time not voicing my opinion to her definitely, especially if the pharmacy is the one convenient for me. When are expecting af?

MandyEllen, the 14th is this Saturday so you are right there with me...how long would you be on Lupron for? I'm sorry if you already mentioned this but when would you likely be transferring?
January 10th, 2017, 04:36 PM
Hope to be a Mega Mommy
I just got the update... I start stims on Friday! Whats 2 extra days?
January 10th, 2017, 05:59 PM
BabyDustme - WOooooooo!!!! Friday will be here before you know it, so excited for you!!! Im glad the shots don't bother you too much! I cringed just watching the nurse at my clinic walk us through the shots again, lol. But that is why the hubs is my needle guy! So if you're stims are starting on Friday, does that push your retrieval eta to the 24th? Yeah, last time they wanted me on the BCP for months before our cycle to hold off my endo as finished saving up for our cycle. In the end, they think it may have been too long and over-suppressed me, so technically my first first cycle was canceled after a few monitoring appts as we didn't have many eggs growing well. They changed a couple of my meds, and 2 months later we were cycling again - and this is the cycle I call my first cycle as it was the first one I did all the way through. I am glad they are only having me on BCP for a little bit this time, and I am on the same meds that I did so well with, so I am feeling a little better going into it.

MandyEllen - How are you doing? I am so excited your start of your cycle is coming up this weekend too!!! How are you feeling? Excited? Do you have any other appts before Saturday?

Joslyn - How are you doing? Did you get snowed in from work today? We got some more snow here where I am, but they are calling for more again this next weekend already. When do you expect AF to come so you can start meds for your FET?

afm - Nothing new, lol. I am just waiting to have something new to post, haha. I did get my thyroid check up back and my levels have leveled out to normal again (had been a touch high), so that is good. I didn't want to up my meds anymore, so normal is good. Yeah, that pharmacist is a jerk. I used to go in at night as she usually works mornings, but I am not as free to go out in the evenings as much this time around, so she is who I unfortunately have to deal with. Blah.

and now we are 3.

January 11th, 2017, 06:51 AM
Hi I'm a long time reader but newbie poster.
After 2 1/2yrs of trying DH and I are going straight to IVF (RE's recommendation since I have stage 2 endo). I wanted to start in January but it was going to be super rushed and since we are paying over $10k to do this (and that is WITH INSURANCE holy cow!!) I decided to give my body a break this month and start in Feb. I think my shots start Feb 18th, retrieval last week in Feb or first week in March.
My doc only does FET, said studies have been proving a much higher success rate putting the embryo in when the lining is perfect, instead of putting a freshy in when the lining may be okay but the embryo is perfect. So I have to wait 5 weeks after the retrieval to get implanted, when everything is perfect. that is looking to be April 7th..!!!

ok, for those who have done this before, what can i expect with the shots? I asked the RE if they would make me crazy--he said I should feel no effect. but EVERYONE says the shots make you super emotional and stuff, so ladies, which is true??

thanks and baby dust to all!! WE GOT THIS!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search