I want to see...

TTCAL Calender & Gallery

Angelversary & EDD Calander, tattoo/picture/poems, memorials, blinkies/ticker/siggy items.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Calender & Gallery LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2006, 10:55 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone else have one? If so what does it mean to you and when did you get it?

Here's mine...it's a butterfly I got duirng one of my darkest points in my life after reading this poem on another loss website:

"A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam.
And for a brief moment its glory and beauty
belong to our world.
But then it flies on again,
and though we wish it could have stayed,
we feel so lucky to have seen it."

This tattoo symbolizes all my babies lost. Some people say i will regret it..."disfiguring my body" I say NEVER...i want to remember them always...have them craved into my skin as they are into my heart. i want to be 80 years old and remember...

Ok share yours too!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
September 1st, 2006, 05:22 AM
Vickey

this is my tat...its on my lower back

It is a celtic knot that I got when I was 18. I wanted to get this because i had been going through some hard times, and the thorns going through the knot maybe sharp but they can't break the strength of it. So it reminds me that no matter how hard things in my life are, nothing is going to break me down and tare me appart
September 1st, 2006, 08:15 AM
Vicky that is awesome! I love it! Thanks for sharing!!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
September 1st, 2006, 01:05 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I've never gotten a tattoo, and probably never will.

However, if I did it would probably be a phoenix ((I saw the coolest fake tattoo once, it was a bird made out of flames, that's sort of where I got the idea)). Anyway, when a phoenix dies, it bursts into flame and is "reborn" from the ashes of it's former self. That's how I like to view myself right now, a new creature, reborn from the ashes of my old life.

September 1st, 2006, 03:54 PM
Brittanie, I think that's a beautiful metaphor...that's the reason I got mine. If you eer do decide to do it, i didn't think it hurt as much as people said it would. For it's purpose I was fine with a little bit of uncomfortability.

September 1st, 2006, 04:19 PM
Miles
I dont have any. I want one once I am done having babies. I want one where its an angel and than my dds name above it. The angel will be my father since I lost him 4 yrs ago. I wanna tie something in there with my m.c. but not sure how.
I do however have my tounge pierced. Got that done when I was 19 right after I lost my dad.
September 2nd, 2006, 05:04 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok, here are mine. I have 4 total but 2 of them look like they are together but are really stacked one on top of the other.

This was my 1st tattoo at 18. The snail represents all living beings. The mushroom head represents how God shelters us & the stem is how we are connected to him.

This one is a pic of my 2nd & 4th one. The aunk is an Egyptian cross. My grandmother that lives in Argentina wears one around her neck. It connects me to her. The bottom symbol is the Pisces sign. I am a true Pisces & when I came back from Argentina, I needed to find myself again. I was confused so this brought me back to who I was/am.

This is my 3rd one. I've always loved the sky (sun, moon & stars) so when I found this moon, I added a tear for saddness & 2 stars, one for each grandfather that has passed away. I am going to add 2 small stars pretty soon. One will be for my God daughter & the other for Onesie.

September 3rd, 2006, 04:05 PM
AGEESMOMMY's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AGEESMOMMY

HERE IS MINE
September 3rd, 2006, 05:49 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Maria ~ That is a beautiful tat!

September 4th, 2006, 02:29 PM
here is my first tattoo it is a butterfly on my lower back i have had it for almost 2 years, my grandmother loved butterflies and we were very close .. the reason for this tattoo..

The next tattoo is of a half moon and 3 stars .. i saw it on a movie and loved it . It is on my left upper shoulder ..

September 6th, 2006, 12:02 AM
katoka
I have 5 Tattoo's and am currently waiting for my DH to do my flower for bailey the child i lost its gonna have the dated the baby left us and its going to read in script my precious flower in god's garden My dh does Tattoos so im a lucky girl that he does mine for me sometimes i do his but not very oftern becaus eim just learning ill try and post some pictures of mine as soon as my camera is fixed
September 7th, 2006, 07:17 PM
christina7777's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to christina7777
i have one that i am actually getting removed. i spent $35 getting the stupid thing and am spending thousands to get it removed....
September 8th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
i have a shooting star on my left shoulder

and a dragon fly on my lower back

September 12th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Ooo I really like the dragon fly daniella!!!

September 12th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Miles
I love the stars ladies! Maria my sister has the same one but different colors. Same spot to.
September 13th, 2006, 10:58 AM
missmindy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here's mine just after I got it done in June

Dh and I have been married for 10 years and I've been wanting this tattoo for a long time, but was always too chickent to get it. The EGA is for him being a Marine and the rose with the thorns indicates the life of a military wife, for the good times as well as the bad, and because though delicate, the rose is also strong.

Semper Fi is short for Semper Fideles which means "Always Faithful" and at the bottom is has Since 1996, which is the year we were married.

I don't know if I will ever get anymore or not, this one is on the inside of my lower right calf, and I wanted it there because if I was going to go through the pain of getting one, I wanted to be able to easily show it off, and cover it up when necessary. And it did hurt, but not enough to totally rule out another one if I decide I want another, but it has to have meaning.
September 15th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Wow Mindy that is hard core...I love it! Very meaningful and deep! You rock!

September 15th, 2006, 03:40 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
I have 3 tats. Here at all three of them:

The one on top was my last one (it hurt really bad) its on my lower back. Its just a design that I thought was cool. I got all my tats at age 19 and they really had no meaning other then my first one I just thought tats were cool lol.
The skull with flowers was my first tat its on my ankle I got a skull because my gramps, dad, and brother all have skulls all over them so I felt it was sort of for my love of my family. (or my father)
Then the butter fly its on my upper ankle area, I just like butterflies.

I really want to get more though. I want to get two swallow birds on each shoulder on my back, one being angle like and one being hell like to represent good and evil. Basically because I have always tried to be good but had that ###### devil on my shoulder.

I also really want to get Kat (from Miami Ink) to tattoo my son's photo on my back but don't think I will ever actually do that one.
I also might get Jakob's name tattooed on my foot.

Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

September 24th, 2006, 04:30 PM
missmindy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Wow Mindy that is hard core...I love it! Very meaningful and deep! You rock![/b]

LOL, thanks.
September 27th, 2006, 03:18 AM
Jess- thanks for sharing! I want another one too...I now know what people mean when they say they're addicting. i want one on the nape of my neck (in the back) but still trying to decide what...DH wants one there too so we may go together.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search