We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
* 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1 Granny Smith apple - peeled, cored and sliced
* 1/8 cup milk
1. Place the sweet potato in a medium saucepan and fill with enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for about 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
2. Melt butter over low heat in a small saucepan. Mix in the sugar, cinnamon and allspice. Add the apple slices, cover, and let simmer for 10 minutes, or until the apples are tender. Mix the apple mixture into the drained sweet potatoes along with the milk. Mix well using an electric mixer or just a fork until potatoes are mashed.
I cut this recipe in half for just Dh & I. It's SO good. It's like having dessert with dinner!