Another time-pinchin' chicken recipe!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Main Dishes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2006, 08:13 PM
CBMS
What you'll need:

4-6 potatoes, (either peeled or not), and cubed
4-6 boneless chicken breasts (I use the bagged breasts)
one packet of onion soup mix (I use lipton)
3-4 TBSP butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
**optional--diced green pepper and onions for the potatoes--YUM!**

First, preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Then, put the butter in a small saucepan to melt over medium heat.

Meanwhile, mix the oil and about 2/3 of the packet of the soup mix and pour over potatoes (and peppers and onions if you want) and mix around so that it's evenly coated. Spread into cake pan (9x13). Place in heated oven (on lower rack, in about the center of the oven).

Put the chicken breasts into foil lined cookie/baking sheet pan.

Then, remove butter from heat and mix the rest of the soup mix into it. Spoon this evenly onto the chicken breasts, making sure each piece gets a fairly generous amount of the seasonings and butter. Place in oven (on the top rack).

Total baking time is approximately 35-45 minutes (depending on your oven AND whether the breasts are fresh or frozen). About half way through the cook time, I took the potatoes out and used a metal spatula to "stir" them up. I also spooned a bit of the butter from the pan onto the chicken breasts.

Turned out REALLY juicy and yummy, and it was super easy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search