We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
One of my favourite recipes, I've decided to share with everyone! I actually got this one from my daughter, who recently came back from Hong Kong. She got this off a friend there, and our whole family loves it! The meal consists of beef dumplings in an egg-drop soup, with ginger and garlic green beans. Very healthy, and very delicious! Very easy to make, even for a large family.
Total time: 35-40 minutes
Servings : 10 (depending on how much your family eats, of course!)
1. In a large pot, mix beef, cabbage, onion. Cook until beef is brown, then stir in the egg, salt, soy/seasame oil, and vegetable oil. Set aside for 5-10 minutes to cool.
2. Place aprox. a teaspoon full of mixture onto a wonton wrap, then fold and pinch edges to form a wonton.
3. Boil the dumplings until they float to the top, or fry them in a small bit of vegetable oil, then steam.
1. Reserve 1 cup chicken stock, and put the rest in a pot. Bring to rolling boil. Add ginger, salt.
2. To the cup of chicken stock, add cornstarch, and stir until smooth.
3. Beat the 4 eggs in a cup, and seperate the other 2. Discard the egg and put the yolks with the beat eggs, slightly stirring into them. When the stock is boiling, slowly drip in the egg mixture. The egg should cook instantly. Add the fresh chives, and let boil for a couple minutes. It doesn't really matter how long you keep it boiling at this point!
Stir Fried Style Green Beans
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 lbs fresh green beans
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground ginger root
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh black pepper
- soy sauce to taste
- 2 large cloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
1. In a large pan or wok, heat sesame oil to temp. Add beans, and cook half way. When they're half cooked, add in salt, pepper, soy, garlic and ginger. Cook the rest of the way through, and serve hot or cool.
Though it seems like a lot, it really only takes about 50 minutes alltogether. Even easier, if you can convince the kids to help! Very simple, healthy, and authentic Chinese foods, and enough to serve the whole family.