Sour Cream Noodle Bake

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Main Dishes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2007, 08:58 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
8 ounces rice noodles
1.5 pound ground turkey
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 head roasted garlic, minced
12-16 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 cup fat-free cottage cheese, drained
1 cup non-fat sour cream
1 cup shredded fontina cheese
8 scallions, sliced
Shredded low-fat Cheddar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside. Meanwhile, heat a heavy non-stick pan over medium-high heat and coat it with cooking spray. Add turkey and brown, breaking it up with a wooden spoon; cook until no pink color remains. Drain all the grease from the pan and then add salt and pepper. Add tomato sauce and squeeze the pulp of the roasted garlic into the turkey mixture. Stir to blend and simmer for 5 minutes.

Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, fontina, and scallions in a bowl. Spread 1/2 of the turkey mixture across the bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish. Top with 1/2 of the noodles, followed by 1/2 of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers 1 more time. Sprinkle the Cheddar over top. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheesy is melted and bubbling.

I ditch the scallions, not a favorite of ours, and can only find low fat on the cottage cheese and sour cream. I've used both ground turkey and lean ground beef, both work out very well. If you can't find fontina, or don't have time to shred your own, I use Kraft 5 Italian Cheeses pre-shredded in the bags. This is actually a low cal recipe, but it is so yummy we don't think of it that way! Also, the short bake time and easy prep (it takes me about 20 minutes from start to get it in the oven, and a chunk of that is just boiling the water for the noodles) makes it a good recipe after work or after you've been out all day and don't want to spend a whole lot of time getting dinner ready.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search