We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
- 1/2 cup uncooked Arborio or long grain white rice
- 1 1/4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 4 small or 2 large sweet peppers
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 3 oz. Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 cup 1-inch pieces of asparagus or fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh tarragon OR oregano or 1/2 tsp. dried & crushed
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or chopped walnuts (optional)
1) For filling, in a 2-qt saucepan combine rice and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer 15 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, cut off tops of small peppers or halve large peppers lengthwise. Remove membranes and seeds. Immerse peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove & drain cut sides down on paper towels. Place in a serving dish cut side up, sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper.
3) With a vegetable peeler, shave 1 oz of the Parmesan into thin strips; set aside. Shred or grate the rest. Stir asparagus or broccoli, chicken, and herb into rice. Cover and cook 5 minutes more. Stir in whipping cream, shredded cheese, and nuts. Spoon filling into peppers. Top with shaved cheese.
Makes 4 servings.
I used green beans instead of asparagus/broccoli (taste preference) and grated parmesan (the kind you buy in the shaker) because it's what we had on hand. I used about 1/2 cup and it was plenty cheesy!