Quick and Easy

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Main Dishes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2005, 02:09 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
My Dh's family has this dish they make that is really good. We call it "Sava Slop", but you can really call it whatever you want. It is a "hamburger helper" type dish.

It calls for:
one pound ground beef (probably could substitute ground turkey or chicken too)
one package of your favorite noodle (works best with macaroni or egg noodles for us)
one onion (depending on size) or dehydrated minced onion
V8 Juice (make sure it is "vegetable juice" if you buy the off brand-tomatoe juice doesn't make it taste right)
Sour cream (half a regular sized container)
Seasoning to taste (I usually add garlic power, salt and pepper)

In a deep frying pan or regular pot (MIL uses an electric skillet), cook the onion partially, then add the ground beef and brown that until it is cooked. Drain any extra fat, and then add noodles and V8 juice. (If using dehydrated onion, I recommend adding them either just before draining the fat or right after the V8 is added) Bring to a boil and then turn to low until noodles are done. V8 should thicken to a sauce. (If you boiled it and turned to low with the lid on, your sauce may be thinner....leave cover off a bit to thicken sauce.) Add seasonings to taste. When done, before serving, mix in half of the container of Sour cream. It will make it look slightly pinkish.

Serve with a veggie or salad and rolls or bread if desired.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

October 2nd, 2005, 03:07 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yummy - i'll have to try that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search