We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
3 egg yolks
1 1/4 cup sugar
3 tbls. cornstarch
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t unflavored gelatin
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate (2 squares)
2 1/2 cups milk
1. Beat eggs in a small bowl.
2. In a large sauce pan, mix well egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch, salt and gelatin.
3. Add chocolate and milk.
4. Mix over high heat until it is warm (mixture will look grainy - chocolate probably won't be entirely incorporated)
5. Reduce to medium heat, stir constantly until thickened - should coat a spoon thickly (like pudding).
6. Remove from heat.
7. Pour into a prepared pie crust, then chill in fridge until time to serve. Serve with whipped cream.
For those who are concerned, yes, this does cook the egg enough to make it safe to eat.