Pumpkin Roll

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breads, desserts, drinks, shakes, and smoothies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2004, 03:22 PM
ranidae
This is almost exactly the recipe my Great Grandma used, though I will be honest I took out the "secret" ingredient. I will not post that on a public forum but if anyone wants it feel free to PM me and ask.

INGREDIENTS:
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup pumpkin puree
3 eggs
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners' sugar
Optional, chopped pecans 1cup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch jelly roll pan or cookie sheet.
In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in pumpkin puree, eggs, and lemon juice. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Spread the mixture evenly.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes.
Lay a damp linen towel on the counter, sprinkle it with confectioner's sugar, and turn the cake onto the towel. Carefully roll the towel up (lengthwise) with the cake in it. Place the cake-in-towel on a cooling rack and let it cool for 20 minutes.
Make the icing: In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and sugar with a wooden spoon or electric mixer. If using them gently fold in pecans.
When the cake has cooled 20 minutes, unroll it spread icing onto it. Immediately re-roll (not in the towel this time), and wrap it with plastic wrap. Keep the cake refrigerated or freeze it for up to 2 weeks in aluminum foil. Cut the cake in slices just before serving.
August 7th, 2005, 04:15 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
bump

August 7th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I make this for family get-togethers. Everyone loves it!!!!!

<div align="center"></div>

October 10th, 2005, 05:42 PM
OpheliaLoved's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so making this this year! In years past, I've been intimidated by it because my co-worker always made them... I didn't want to take over "her" thing, ya know? Well, I don't work there anymore, so I am ready to try it!!!
-O

October 11th, 2005, 02:32 PM
HeavensMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is missing, I can't PM the original poster!!

From now until 2/29, donating HALF of all proceeds to Olly
Free giftcards?!? Swagbucks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search