We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and allspice in a large bowl.
3. Use an electric mixer to combine brown sugar and oil. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat on high speed for about a minute.
4. Combine the wet mixture with the dry stuff. Mix on low speed until all ingredients are incorporated then crank up the speed and blend on high until batter is smooth.
5. Add shredded carrot, walnuts, and raisins and mix by hand. Pour batter into a 13x9-inch baking pan that has been generously greased with shortening.
6. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely.
7. Make the frosting by mixing softened cream cheese, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, and blend well until frosting is smooth.
8. When the cake has cooled, frost the top with the entire bowl of cream cheese frosting. .