Need some input

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2005, 10:29 AM
zonapellucida
My two eldest children spent Christmas with us. Genevieve's dad told her before she left to see if she could stay--unfortunately he was just being a jerk to Gi and not serious. However, she wants to move in with me. I KNEW this day would come but now that it has I am unsure how to deal wiht it. I say "yes" come live wiht me as soon as I move back north to a bigger house. We are in a 3 bedroom wiht soon to be 5 kids right now so she would have no peace plus the schools suck here. The problem is that I KNOW I am going to have to fight wiht Myles to get her to be able to live wiht me. The ocurt battle and everything. He is very unreasonable and he would be losing his slave, because that is exactly what she is. she called me twice after she got home yesterday. Once at 8 pm when she was getting dinner ready for Myles and Mickey. I feel she has never had a cjhildhood and am really donw on myslef for allowing them to go with him in the first place. It seemed like a good idea at the time and I really thought he wouldn't last wiht them but he has done a great job. I would never begrudge him that. But Gi is a young woman now and really needs me.......UGH I am so torn. DAm I up to a legal battle? Will he just aquiesce? Does it HAVE to get nastyy? It is like pulling teeth kjust to get them on vacations and even then I don't get them very often although we have joint leagal cusotdy. Anyione deal wiht this? Do the courts take the children's feelings into consideration? Will they listen to her? Do I need to get her a lawyer? I have a few months to work all this out and really need advice.
January 6th, 2005, 10:32 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I remember when my parents were divorcing that once the child turns 12 then they have the right to go in front of the judge and say who they want to live with.

Good luck

January 6th, 2005, 11:18 AM
BluesCluesMom
Heidi, I wish I could give you some advice but I can only offer support. Genevieve is definately at an age where her wishes and needs would probably hold much weight with a judge. This is an important time for her and she probably needs you now more than ever.

I really hope that your ex can put his own selfishness aside and think about hwat is best for Genevieve.
January 9th, 2005, 08:41 PM
cowboysangel
That's what I was going to say. After age 12 the courts do listen to the child, we are dealing with this ourselves right now, and it isn't easy. I wish you all the best, just be patient, you will have her with you soon.
January 15th, 2005, 02:17 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would seek out legal advice right away....They will listen to what she wants. She is old enough......GOOD LUCK HEIDI I think she should be with you too. A girl needs her Mom.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search