Grrrr

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2005, 09:55 PM
cowboysangel
WITCH? My kids are my life, that includes my step-kids, I see them as my own. I know that they know how much I love them, and I know how much they love me. Well we had them this weekend and the oldest tells Aaron that his mother has started talking about me. Saying I am a bad mom, that I never wash their clothes, and that I am a tattle-tale ( she says this because when Conner, the youngest, tells me something that I think his father should know, I tell him, he is his son he should know these things right?). Of course none of this is true, I keep the kids very clean, unlike when they come here and the first thing I have them do is strip down, take a bath, and put on clean clothes because their clothes smell so bad like animal...you know what I mean. DH says that she has always kept a filthy house and that is why they smell so bad. It made Tyler so mad (the oldest, and also Mr. Mellow, nothing phases him) that he said he wanted to hit her. So on the way to take them back today I told all three of them "You guys know how much I love you right? I just want to make sure you know that no matter what anybody says, nothing can ever change my love for you." The youngest says "We know how much you love us, cuz' you're our real mom, and our real mother is really our step-mom." The oldest and youngest have both told us that they want to live here with us. If you have read any of my other posts about things you already know that the youngest is my little cuddle worm and is constantly telling me how much he loves me. So if I'm such a horrible mom, how are the kids so loving towards me. AAAAHHHH you would think that their mother would be happy that her ex-husband married someone who truly loves and cherishes her children and not talk smack about me. I just hope the children aren't just saying they realize the truth, that they really do and don't let her poison their minds. But it gets so hard when they are so young and impressionable and their own mom says stuff. Sorry, just had to get it off my chest!
January 10th, 2005, 03:36 PM
I'm sure she senses how much they love you and feels threatened. She is going about it all wrong. And, you are handling it correctly. DO NOT say anything bad about her to the kids, within earshot, or even to your DH. Take the high road. She is only hurting her own image in their eyes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search