Father's Day...

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
So w/ Father's Day coming along, it's a mess in my land. My DS from my first relationship will be w/ his dad (obviously) & my DH's DS (my DSS) will be coming to visit w/ us and then I have our 2 little ones as well.

I think we'll have dinner some place, or maybe a BBQ. I already bought DH a BBQ for an early Father's Day present last month so I am off the hook sort to speak. I am sure I have to find something else to satisfy him, chocolate is always a good one, and some affection from "moi"....

What are you all doing???

June 6th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
My DH's ex is the determining factor on this. On his b-day last year she literally stood there for 30 minutes while the kids gave their dad the trinkets she allowed them to buy at the Dollar Store (they still had the stickers on the bottom) and the cards they made for him (which he treasures!) looking at her watch every five minutes or so then announced "Time to go!" and that was that. My daughter and DSS tried to make it a little more special for him after they were gone but you could tell that it had hurt him deeply. I won't allow that to happen in the future. I decided that if she'll let me, I want to take the girls shopping next week so they can get him something nice. He does so much for all of us and I want him to feel appreciated--which I know he would even if we just cooked his favorite dinner and made him some cards but I love to spoil him! While he's at work that day, I'm going to have the girls make him something. They're both very artistic and enjoy creating arts and crafts type things so I know they'll make him something nice. Then, on Father's Day when we get up, the kids and I will make breakfast and give him his gifts. He loves to work on the house and I want to get him a special tool that I saw on a home improvement show that puts screws in in about a second apiece! (providing it isn't TOO expensive!) He's always remodeling and building things so I know how much use he could get out of that. Then we'll probably head to the beach for the day and when we get home, I'll make his favorite dinner. Of course, he may veto the beach if he gets the new tool! LOL
June 10th, 2008, 08:50 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DSS won't be with us for Father's Day, and I don't know if I'll be up for much celebrating on Sunday.

Sunday marks 1 year since my miscarriage, and DH knows already that it'll be hard for me to do something that day. I'm thinking about giving him a card, and allowing him to pick anyplace he wants for dinner or something. He was saying he'd like to go to the movies, and just relax with me, so we'll see.

June 10th, 2008, 04:15 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
It is so hot here that I think that we wont do much of anything. We are not beach people and a movie is out of the question with the three kids...OH and Lilly has chicken pox. So all three of my kids have had them now so I think that we are done. I told him that he needs to go to the bike shop and get a half helmet for fathers day because I don't know which one to buy and what size. He was excited about that. He needs one badly. His full helmet is soooo hot even with the vents. And I am trying to find him a vented jacket too but that is not working so well. They are all so expensive. The kids each gave me 20$ for mothers day so I think that the helmet is good enough for him. I spent my mothers day money on all of them anyway.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
June 11th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Quote:
My DH's ex is the determining factor on this. On his b-day last year she literally stood there for 30 minutes while the kids gave their dad the trinkets she allowed them to buy at the Dollar Store (they still had the stickers on the bottom) and the cards they made for him (which he treasures!) looking at her watch every five minutes or so then announced "Time to go!" and that was that. My daughter and DSS tried to make it a little more special for him after they were gone but you could tell that it had hurt him deeply. I won't allow that to happen in the future. I decided that if she'll let me, I want to take the girls shopping next week so they can get him something nice. He does so much for all of us and I want him to feel appreciated--which I know he would even if we just cooked his favorite dinner and made him some cards but I love to spoil him! While he's at work that day, I'm going to have the girls make him something. They're both very artistic and enjoy creating arts and crafts type things so I know they'll make him something nice. Then, on Father's Day when we get up, the kids and I will make breakfast and give him his gifts. He loves to work on the house and I want to get him a special tool that I saw on a home improvement show that puts screws in in about a second apiece! (providing it isn't TOO expensive!) He's always remodeling and building things so I know how much use he could get out of that. Then we'll probably head to the beach for the day and when we get home, I'll make his favorite dinner. Of course, he may veto the beach if he gets the new tool! LOL[/b]

I need to wonder why the bio-mom is the determining factor on something like Father's Day, it's FATHER'S DAY...meaning the Father should be w/ their children. In my DH's court agreement it states that he is to have his son on Father's Day & XMas eve no matter what, even if it falls on her weekend or what ever she thought she could plan. The rest of the holidays were to be broken up in half, but now that we live over an hour away, we can no longer do that & now that we'd like to switch off the holidays (1 yr w/ us, and alternate), she refuses & wont meet us half way. But it's my DH's fault, he needs to go to court & have that modified for his life changes. But still, Father's Day? I'd tell her to go you know what & say "he's staying w/ me, it's Father's Day, I am the Father". I'd like to see you keep the child from her on Mother's Day, I am sure she'd be tickled pink!

Sorry, that aggravates me.

June 11th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It aggravates me as well but DH doesn't push when it comes to the kids. In fact, he lets them come or not come whenever they want and most of the time, she's behind "what they want". I've told him that if he wants to fight her, I will back him 100% but he just doesn't want the fight. He knows she is emotionally volitile and would take it out on the kids and they are his primary concern. I dont like the situation and I think she manipulates things to her advantage but it is his call so I just stay out of it for the most part. Hopefully, she'll do the right thing and probably will, given that it's a weekend day and that means she'll have the day to spend with her boyfriend. Not that having the kids has ever stopped her from doing anything in the house...with the kids in the next room! And, I have recently found out, they all KNOW he is married and don't have any problem with that! Did I mention she's a horrible mother?

Quote:
It is so hot here that I think that we wont do much of anything. We are not beach people and a movie is out of the question with the three kids...OH and Lilly has chicken pox. So all three of my kids have had them now so I think that we are done. I told him that he needs to go to the bike shop and get a half helmet for fathers day because I don't know which one to buy and what size. He was excited about that. He needs one badly. His full helmet is soooo hot even with the vents. And I am trying to find him a vented jacket too but that is not working so well. They are all so expensive. The kids each gave me 20$ for mothers day so I think that the helmet is good enough for him. I spent my mothers day money on all of them anyway.[/b]
Is that Bicycle or Motorcycle? I don't know about bicycle gear but I DO know that you can find a LOT of motorcycle gear at pawn shops and consignment stores. I imagine you can find some bicycle gear there too. Most of the motorcycle gear that winds up there is in good shape as it has only been used a few times. My sister and her husband have a motorcycle and she has found some really great buys on things that even still had tags on them! It might be worth a look...
June 11th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
TJ is going to his dads on Friday and coming home on Saturday to compensate for Father's Day. DH and I are taking the kids to Disney World and leave early Sunday morning. I didn't realize that it was Father's day until after I had the trip booked. Other than that I thought of maybe having the kids make him a card and have it in the truck when he gets in it that morning.
June 12th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
TJ is going to his dads on Friday and coming home on Saturday to compensate for Father's Day. DH and I are taking the kids to Disney World and leave early Sunday morning. I didn't realize that it was Father's day until after I had the trip booked. Other than that I thought of maybe having the kids make him a card and have it in the truck when he gets in it that morning.[/b]
If you're driving down, as you come south on I-4 on your way to Orlando, honk the horn as you pass exit 114...that's where I live! lol Have fun and if you get a chance and want to do something indoors (because it is miserably hot at the parks these days) try the Ripley's Museum or Wonderworks. Those are a lot of fun! I hope you'll post some pictures when you get back! Would love to see!
Have a great time!
June 12th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Momma Jo's Avatar Monsters Ed
Duncan is going to his dad and we'll celebrate Fathersday with Steven here at home. I'm not sure if he will be working on Sunday, if he does, then we'll celebrate it on Monday (a public holiday here).
June 12th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
Quote:
Quote:
TJ is going to his dads on Friday and coming home on Saturday to compensate for Father's Day. DH and I are taking the kids to Disney World and leave early Sunday morning. I didn't realize that it was Father's day until after I had the trip booked. Other than that I thought of maybe having the kids make him a card and have it in the truck when he gets in it that morning.[/b]
If you're driving down, as you come south on I-4 on your way to Orlando, honk the horn as you pass exit 114...that's where I live! lol Have fun and if you get a chance and want to do something indoors (because it is miserably hot at the parks these days) try the Ripley's Museum or Wonderworks. Those are a lot of fun! I hope you'll post some pictures when you get back! Would love to see!
Have a great time!
[/b]
We sure will. I am trying to find a good trip planner online now. One that will let me add gas stops and food breaks also.
June 13th, 2008, 02:00 PM
berryblessed
We have DSD it's our week anyway and my baby sister so we'll be spending the day relaxing with DH and pampering him (Just the way he likes things around here lol)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search