Intro

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Hi all! I am Holly, 29 and married to Scott who is 34 and an EMT. I am mom to Marissa (12), Jonathan (10) & Cody (5). We live in Ohio.

Marissa & Jonathan are my children from previous relationships. Scott came into our lives 10 years ago when Marissa was 2.5 and JJ was 7 months old. In 2002 we had a son together.

Marissa's BF's involvement in her life has been spradic, at best. He comes in and out when he feels like it. JJ's BF & I have shared parenting and at the moment, JJ is with him for the rest of the month of June. We make it work the best we can.

I just thought I would introduce myself. I used to post in here a long time ago but then left JM for a long time and am back now.

June 19th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Welcome back, Holly!
I'm Dani, married to Tom. I have 3 biological kids and 4 stepkids. Two of mine are grown and on their own...one is a US Marine in Iraq, one in college in Georgia and my youngest is my daughter Tori who lives with us. She's 16 and a diabetic--hense the co-hosting of the JD site.
Toms 3 girls live with their mother and his son lives with us. His ex, from here on referred to as , causes problems from time to time but we have such a terrific homelife and marriage that it doesn't affect us as often as I am sure she would like it to. lol
Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you!
June 19th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I KWIM, JJ's BF can be a dink at times. The good news is since he became engaged and had a baby girl with her in December, I don't interact with him too much...I talk mostly to his fiancee who picks JJ up more than 90% of the time. But she is wonderful with him and I can't say anything bad about her.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

June 20th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla

It's wonderful that you get along with your ex's fiance and she's good with your son. Tom's ex --the --has a boyfriend she's been with for...well since before she and Tom split up...he's creepy! lol He is also married. Apparently the one thing in common they have is that neither of them possess any morals or scruples. She's tried numerous times to get him to leave his wife but...well, let's face it. Why should he? His wife knows about the relationship and (I can only guess why) she allows it to continue...his girlfriend, the , knows about his wife and will still continue to sleep with him...and besides that he's a creepy looking character so it must be a tremendous ego boost for him to have a wife AND a girlfriend since to look at the guy you would not think he could possibly have either. If he had a wonderful personality, then you could understand how he'd be an attractive catch but he doesn't....he's just creepy. the fact that he sees nothing wrong with going over to his gf's house where her three daughers are and slipping off to the bedroom with mom...well to me that speaks volumes about his moral fiber. Can you tell I have no respect for the ?
My ex has a gf as well but I have never met her. Two of my kids have and they think she's nice and she makes him happy which is all that really matters. I don't have much contact with him other than the occasional argument over child support which he refuses to pay. I know I need to go after him but I also know that he will take it out on my daughter and she's been through enough with him. I am reaching the breaking point and Tori has already told me that if I go after him and he starts his garbage with her, she will just not see him. It's not something I am looking forward to--I'm basically a non-confrontational kind of person and would rather stick pins in my eyes than do this...but...times are tough and he shouldn't be allowed to get out of paying for a child that has as many medical bills as she does! (hospitalized 20 times so far!)
Anyway, that's a little about me... probably more than anyone cares to know but...lol
June 20th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Welcome back to the boards... glad you decided to pop in again, I look forward to getting to knowing you better.

I am Chantelle, one of the co-hosts for Blended Families, I am both a step parent & bio-parent. If there is anything that I can do, let me or Becca know.

HUGS

June 20th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks Chantelle!

No that isn't too much Dani. I know you need to vent, we all do. And this is the board to do so with that type of situation.

My DS's father pays very little child support ($50/month!). They based it when he was a full time student and part time employee. I don't have the heart to take him back to court, as he actually has TWO daughters but one he pays an arm & leg for in support, even though he doesn't see her (THAT mom is psycho!). Plus the fiancee is on my side with the fact he told me as long as I don't take him back for more support...if there is ANYTHING JJ needs, to let him know and he will get it. He wasn't good about it before but the fiancee told him if he didn't abide by it, SHE was going to encourage me to take him back. Needless to say, he is now really good about it. He works for his brother now and though I don't know all the details, he makes REALLY good $$$$

For a long time bio dad had a problem with my DH, the fact that HE was raising JJ and JJ was calling him "dad" but we now have an understanding and aggreement about the whole thing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search