Child support vent!!!!

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Come on girls... Let it all out...

Do you have kids and don't recieve? Do you and your husband pay and wonder *** the money is going?
Do you feel taken advantage of? Or that your names are AT and M?

Lets get down and dirty and let our true feelings out..(best place to do it is here!!!)

Becky
December 6th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Offlikeapromdress
our child support recently paid for BM to get a boob job, buy a traveling camper thingy, and god knows what else. While DSD is in scuzzy tennis shoes, pants with holes, and shirts with stains. Hasnt been to the dentist and we take her to the eye dr for her glasses. We would take her to the dentist but she lives 3.5 hrs away and I cant find a dentist that works weekends where we live. I wish she would just come and live with us!

3 angels, and a baby due December 08!
December 7th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Quote:
our child support recently paid for BM to get a boob job, buy a traveling camper thingy, and god knows what else. While DSD is in scuzzy tennis shoes, pants with holes, and shirts with stains. Hasnt been to the dentist and we take her to the eye dr for her glasses. We would take her to the dentist but she lives 3.5 hrs away and I cant find a dentist that works weekends where we live. I wish she would just come and live with us![/b]
Love your name!!!!

Ahh-We sound like we're dealing with the same things... Ok here I go..

I receive child support for my daughter- we weren't married.. The order went into effect in 2001 (I coulda taken him back but I just don't want the headache) I worked 3rd shift and was heavily suggested by my lawyer to get a dayshift job-I had to fight exbf and his mother-and they both fully well knew that I didn't sleep during the day unless the baby was napping.. but thats the argument they wanted to use.. that I slept all day and didn't take care of the baby.. So I went dayshift... I made 5.15 an hour as a STNA and had to put my dd in daycare.. which wasn't calculated into the support.
He got married about 2 years ago-him and his wife were expecting when they got married.. The day of their 1yr anniversary she left him..(lol) They went to court for divorce/custody/support.. They both had a lawyer.. For some odd reason his lawyer didn't state that he already had a child that he was paying support for-so they didnt' take that into consideration (Although I hate him with a passion-that kinda stinks for him)
Her daycare was factored into her support-so she gets 2x's the support that I get (I'm not complaining.. Part of me thinks that stinks for him b/c thats alot of money taken out of his weekly check-but the other half of me laughs b/c that IS alot of money taken out of his weekly checks..LOL)
My exbf has not seen his dd in over a year.. When he did see her-he only saw her maybe 1-2 times a year anyways..

Now H-When he was 19 him and his gf concieved a beautiful daughter.. They didn't work out but they remained really good friends.. He pays support for his daughter... I wasn't around for when the dd was younger but I've heard some stories through the grapevine-like his ex's husband came knockin on the door askin *** is the c/s our carpayment is due..LOL.. I'm really good friends with her too-and I don't have any *horror* stories to tell about her-except when he's 1 day late paying c/s..lol she's calls her caseworker everyday until she gets it..LOL

Now to the OTHER ONE..lol She's earned the BB title.. They were married under the pretense from both her and her mother that she couldn't have children.. I guess something happened to her when she was younger and her *fallopian tubes/ovaries* collapsed and she couldn't have kids.. After they were married they got into a car accident and were taken to the hospital.. At the hospital they did a preg test on her and surprize.. she's pregs!!! lol As I said in my other thread.. They seperated shortly after the birth.. She moved in with another man and it didn't take her long to turn around and come back-PREGS!!! so they had the two boys.. If I remember correctly-within 2 years she left him for another man-they got divorced-She left the 1st boy with him full time and she kept the other (which there I go again wondering ?? with the whole thought of the youngest ISN'T his) There was no c/s order.. Its grainy as to the facts but something happened where she wanted both boys-she got a lawyer and then a c/s order.. based on her not working.. So H was ordered to pay 100% of support instead of the 60/40 that most pay.. Throughout the years-she's worked many jobs-but made sure the jobs she worked were under the table.. and she made the kids lie about them so it wouldn't be brought up to c/s..(trust me they slipped plenty of times)

Lets see what she's bought with c/s-and openly admitted to rub in dh's face that she did.. When she truly wasn't working-only income was c/s.. She bought a new jeep-and said the c/s was for the payments (ok I can't say much there-Its important to have a car to drive your kids around so you can't really say much there) When that was paid off-she called to say she bought a new c/d player for it, another time she called to say she bought a new printer/scanner/fax and wanted him to come over and set it up for her (Um yeah right) she also got a boob job-called us to tell us that her daughter needed to go to the hospital and if we'd watch the kids for her-while they were with us it slipped that she was in fact getting new boobs.. She's always lookin good-hairs always done, nails always done, tanned up ect ect.. Like pp-the kids are always in rags with shoes that don't fit with holes in them and they arn't allowed to participate in any school activities b/c mom says she doesn't have the money go ask dad..(HOW many times has she had the KIDS call and ask Dad when he was mailing his c/s payment??!! grr)
The kids are 13,12.. They've never been on any vacation except for when we took them to Florida and went to Disney world.. Yet moms always going somewhere-White water rafting, Vegas, Hawaii, she was taking sky diving lessions..
3 years ago dh quit his job to go to school so that he could get more of an income.. so he was making minimum payments every month instead of his order amt... He ended up racking himself up 2,500 in arrears.. So in November of that year-he charged all his arrears on a cc-2wks after she got her check-she called dh up and said if he didn't pay his c/s his son wasn't going to get anything for christmas b/c she didn't have any money..(***?)

Last year-according to bb-she couldn't *handle* the oldest boy-so she dumped him off here with a garbage bag.. We wanted to keep him in the same school (they've been in about 6 different schools in the last 3 years b/c mom keeps moving) we attempted to get c/s adjusted so he didn't have to pay her for the 1 boy living with us and it pretty much boiled down to impossible.. On his last day of school-she came and picked him up from school and said things were all better (She has a total of 4 kids and needed a babysitter-she was leaving the 3 kids home alone and whelp the 12 y/o tried to burn the house down)
Needless to say-she once again dumped the oldest boy off here when school started and said she can't handle him anymore.. She took him out of school and enrolled him in our school district.. The school called and said if dh didn't have custody of him in 60 days-he would not be able to attend.. So mommy flipped out and said she's not letting dh have custody she's just gonna take him back if they don't let him open enroll.. So we're back to where we started-he's living here full time and dh is still paying her.. But now she wants to move out of state.. Yes the girl who can't have kids has 4 of them... Ya know she wouldn't be so bad if she would just be open and honest about stuff-its not like dh or I have ever told her to go stick it or no or whatever.. its just the fact that she has to lie all the time (The tv and radio she didn't have)

We've talked to her mother and come to find out-she's working 3 jobs right now-that arn't under the table.. Her rent is 300 a month.. her mom pays all her utilities, gave her a car, her stepdad pays her insurance..
Dh called c/s and they are sending him a packet to have c/s adjusted.. I guess he might be entitled to a credit since he paid her...

I have no idea-lol I just think the system really stinks.. Theres mothers out there busting their butts trying to raise there kids and get no money at all and the system isn't helping them. Then theres mothers out there treating their kids like crap.. getting paid for kids they don't even have and the system doesn't help them.. Just stinks
December 7th, 2005, 07:03 AM
bellebutton's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Want to know what really stinks ... Only getting 57.00 a month for your child.!!!!

December 7th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Want to know what really stinks ... Only getting 57.00 a month for your child.!!!![/b]
See girl that really angers me.. I'm angry for you... Its just not right
December 7th, 2005, 08:55 AM
bellebutton's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Its not, and it doesnt help that her Bio dad (who isnt in her life and hasnt been since she was 3 month) has 7 other kids with 3 diff woman (I didnt know this when we married) My bf now has been in her life since she was 6months old. She will be 4 in Jan. So even though Im not getting the money I should from him, My bf is being the dad, and I think that is more important.

December 7th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Cameron-n-JaydensMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Want to know what really stinks ... Only getting 57.00 a month for your child.!!!![/b]

What sucks even more....My DH has custody of his 7 year old son, he lives with us fulltime, and we cant get a dime out of his mother! The child support is caught up in court, because it is not a "typical" situation! He has lived with us for 2 1/2 years now and this is what she has done for him: Bought him 2 winter coats, and went 5 months with out seeing or calling him. So child support is giving DH a run around because this is "not normal and they dont know how to handle it when the father has custody"...ummmmm hello probably the same way as if the mother has custody!!

December 8th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
We only get $84 a week for DH's three kids. And she only pays that because she turned her own name in to the c/s office. She didn't pay anything for the first two years after the divorce. He has full custody and she only sees them about once a year. (her choice-she moved 14 hours away) She goes on 2 or 3 vacations every year but she doesn't want to do anything for her kids. She says it is my responsibility now since I'm taking care of them. Luckily it doesn't seem to bother them not to see her very often. She left when they were 3, 2 and 3 months old. I think they are just used to it now.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
December 10th, 2005, 05:28 PM
agrafius
I pay childsupport for my two boys. Their dad played up my depression to get custody. I didn't fight him in court and in exchange we agreed to shared parental responsibility and an almost even split of the boys time. We get along well most of the time regarding the kids. So far so good, I guess.
December 11th, 2005, 05:33 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get 68.00 a week for 3 boys, we have been divorced for 10 years. He makes over 60,000 a year. It is so sad. The only ones that are hurt by this are my boys.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

December 13th, 2005, 12:36 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
yeah... my husband pays $50 a week, and his ex-gf is still saying that she's not getting anything. too bad it can't be done without the courts, but once they're involved, they won't back off.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

December 31st, 2005, 03:26 PM
maximabella's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to maximabella Send a message via MSN to maximabella Send a message via Yahoo to maximabella
Quote:
I get 68.00 a week for 3 boys, we have been divorced for 10 years. He makes over 60,000 a year. It is so sad. The only ones that are hurt by this are my boys.[/b]

hmm, thats nice, DH and I pay $408 total mandatory daycare & support, and he only makes about 30k a year...
January 2nd, 2006, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Quote:
I get 68.00 a week for 3 boys, we have been divorced for 10 years. He makes over 60,000 a year. It is so sad. The only ones that are hurt by this are my boys.[/b]

hmm, thats nice, DH and I pay $408 total mandatory daycare & support, and he only makes about 30k a year...
[/b]

Mine's gross is 20,000 and he pays 525 a month for support... for the one to live with us fulltime.. We've tried and tried and tried to get it fixed but basically the only way anything is going to happen is if he pays out the tush for a lawyer.. Its rather sad.. when I've spoken to him about his income and I say you know you are capable of making much more.. He doesn't want to b/c he's afraid the more he makes the more they'll take.. so he's just happy making the minimum... There is a light at the end of the tunnel I guess you could say.. he only has a few more years and he's finished.. then I don't know what he's going to do with himself...LOL
I just learned that bb quit her job b/c she was having relations with her boss.. and now she's taking money from her kids telling them she can't afford food or gas for her car... yet she had no problem going to the bar and getting too drunk to drive home so she brought a barfly home with her.. She went as far as to invite one of her friends over to say in front of the kids that she was paying for everything that night so the kids didn't think any thing of it.. My BB is diabolical..
January 8th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Regular
I havent received anything in a year and 2 months for my son. His bio dad is trying to convince the state he's disabled. Far as I know lazy isnt a disability.

My dh doesnt have to pay for the daughter that lives with her biomom. Not support anyway. We fully support the one that lives here and for the other we buy her school clothes, shoes, glasses. We make sure she has everything she needs.
January 10th, 2006, 07:58 PM
maximabella's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to maximabella Send a message via MSN to maximabella Send a message via Yahoo to maximabella
Quote:
I havent received anything in a year and 2 months for my son. His bio dad is trying to convince the state he's disabled. Far as I know lazy isnt a disability.

My dh doesnt have to pay for the daughter that lives with her biomom. Not support anyway. We fully support the one that lives here and for the other we buy her school clothes, shoes, glasses. We make sure she has everything she needs.[/b]

why doesnt he have to pay for that daughter?
January 11th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Regular
Quote:
Quote:

My dh doesnt have to pay for the daughter that lives with her biomom. Not support anyway. We fully support the one that lives here and for the other we buy her school clothes, shoes, glasses. We make sure she has everything she needs.[/b]

why doesnt he have to pay for that daughter?
[/b]
because they each have one of the kids, they'd be paying each other support.
January 12th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Child support what is that? You mean I was suppose to receive it? Oh I just thought the BV (birthing vessel) was suppose to call and tell us what we are doing wrong. Boy am I confused!!!!!!

Co-host to Thirtysomething Mommies
January 22nd, 2006, 09:29 PM
mudholemama
$439 for 1 child...
and the EX doesn't work...She has a "never-empty" bank account
because of DSD's grandma.
January 27th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Veteran
I don't have a court order for child support at this time with my DD's father. He has a daughter from a previous relationship which he is court ordered to pay money too. At the time when we split he wasn't making that much money. We had an agreement that he would pay half of her daycare expense which as from the time she was 6weeks until she was 3.5 was $200.00/month. So that worked out well because he paid the daycare provider directly. Once we had to switch daycare and he had to pay me, everything changed. He seems to think that $200/month is still an adequate amount to pay and wants to pay $50/week. That would be fine if he could live up to his end of the bargain. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten a call from him saying that he doesn't have the money and he will give it to me the following week. He does see his daughter on Tuesday and Thursday evenings for a little while. He is supposed to pick her up on Sunday afternoons and spends some time with her but he seems to think being a musician is more important. I get so frustrated because she deserves to have a positive role model for a father figure. Thank goodness for my husband. He is ALWAYS there for her. He has always treated her as though she were his. I am happy for that. I just wish these men that father babies would be more stand up and do what they are supposed to do.
January 27th, 2006, 11:45 AM
amyla
frustrating

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search