QOTD

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2008, 05:44 AM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
<span style="font-family:Century Gothic">If you could change one thing about your blended situation other than the other parent....what would it be?</span>

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
July 22nd, 2008, 10:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
Can it be something about the other parent?

I wish she would 1) start paying her CS, it isn't fair that DH is having to pay everything himself. 2) pay her bills, her phone # changes like most people change underwear. 3) take an actual interest in her son, call on a regular basis, see how school is going, at least offer to help with supplies and such, come to practices and games, etc. All in all I just wish she would make him her priority instead of all the other stupid crap.
July 22nd, 2008, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
I know a lot of you are going to think I am crazy to say this but I really wish Tom and I had custody of his 3 daughters. I think they would be in a much healthier--both medically as well as emotionally--environment and we would do a much better job of teaching them values and morals--which the has none so she can't. I really don't think living with a mother who cheated on their father with a married man and who STILL cheats with him and he is still married is a good environment for children. The girls all know about the affair and that he is still married. They don't eat well because she's too lazy to cook, they aren't cared for properly because she can't be bothered, they don't have rules in their home so they aren't learning consequences for their actions--they only know if mom gets mad enough she'll scream obscenities at them and then get over it. How is that a good home for them???? A diet of fast food and the morals of an alley cat. I'm thinking NOT! But...it isn't my choice to make.
July 23rd, 2008, 07:13 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Let's see...if I could turn the hands back in time I would not be involved in a blended situation period. But since I can't do that & I have 3 (4 counting my DSS) beautiful children from the situation/marriage, I guess I'd say I wished that my DH was more "equal" in treatment when it comes to all the kids & I wish that he would back me up on parenting issues, rather than throw me under the bus 99% of the time. Also, I wish that I had a relationship w/ my DSS, we have no bond, no relationship, it's sad. Not what I pictured or ever expected. Perhaps one day things will change, I doubt that though.

July 23rd, 2008, 12:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Dani - I don't think you are crazy at all.

I would love it if we could have custody of Bryan's youngest. She'd be better off with us.

Sounds weird to chose only the 1 but we would never be able to get the oldest because biologically she's not DH's & the mom would never agree. Of course, she wouldn't agree to the 1 because then she'd have to get a job (our child support support her entirely).

If not that, then I would say for them to be closer than 4 hours away. It makes it even harder to blend.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search