QOTD 8/25

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2008, 01:42 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
What are you happy with today?

What are you annoyed about today?

I am happy that it looks like Kal will be getting an offer from the job that he had an interview with on Friday. An hour after his interview they sent him an email asking for a copy of his paystub the verify his income. And today they called and talked to his boss and someone he works with as a reference. So we are just waiting for the offer now so that he can see if his job now will match the pay.
Gabe has been in underwear for 4 days now and he has had just 3 accidents.

Things that are annoying me today...people in their cars, you can not just stop in the middle of the road because you are lost and give no way for anyone to go around you because it is a 2 lane road with construction and a detour. It is also rude to cut off a funeral. It is rude to be speeding and and try to push me to speed..it is only going to make me go slower. And lastly if you are bring stuff to the metal plant make sure that you tie your load completely because it is not fair for me to run over all your metal dropping because I do not want to replace my tire because you are lazy.

*the "you" in the above post is not directed at any one here unless you were doing one of those things today around 2pm when I was driving from Chesapeake to Suffolk VA *

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
August 25th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
<span style="font-family:Century Gothic">What are you happy with today?

I am happy w/ the fact that school starts TOMORROW....WOOO HOOO!!!!!!

I am annoyed today about my health, I've had lots of problems lately & no real sound resolution(s) to any of it, it's frustrating & I want to feel better or at least know what I have for sure, no more tests, no more apt's, just tired of it all...but I have to get 2nd, 3rd, 4th opinions due to the severity of the diagnosis so I have no choice...
</span>

August 26th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Happy? That the hurricane has FINALLY passed over us!
Annoyed? That there is yet another hurricane brewing and headed up this way. Lord, is there no end to this? lol We had over 23 inches of rain last week! There is massive flooding in a state built on sand!!!! Our local ER was flooded, for crying out loud! Now, just as we're begining to dry out and keeping in mind that the lakes have YET to crest, we're informed that we may wind up going through that again in a week or so. Thank God we live on slightly higher ground but we weren't immune to the effects of the flooding either. Our septic system is full of water and that means that we're having to conserve water simply to keep from overloading it until it dries out a bit. Yesterday, the toilets wouldn't flush. Charming, I know. After calling around to try to find someone to come out and pump the system, I found an honest man who told me to give it 24 hours before I do that just to see if it corrects by itself. Thankfully, it corrected by mid afternoon so I didn't have to shell out $200 to have them pump it but with more rain than what we've had (keeping in mind we're prone to afternoon thunderstorms DAILY here in Florida) I don't know if we'll make it through another bout like the one we just had. Life. It just keeps coming at ya, doesn't it?

I'm soooooo happy to hear about Kals new job! (I think it sounds like a done deal) Tom is still waiting to hear so no news on that front for us.

Chantelle, you're in my prayers. I didn't know you were going through that. I pray everything works out for you hon and we're all here for you if you need us.
August 28th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Story's Avatar French Canadian
What are you happy with today? good question!.... I'm happy that there's only one night left before SO returns from his trip? lol

My DSD who's 8 and act sometime worst than my 3 y/o DD... she lies to not be grounded and cries on and on when I talk to her to explain why she has been reprimanded... ugh!!!
She's with us for a whole year after being with her mum for the last year.... rules here are very different! We teach our kids to accept reprimands and bear the consequences (yeah, we are weird I know )

Mom to Maèva (11), Nadjat (9) and Klaus (5)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search