The Step Mom is pregnant!

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Veteran
Chandler and Parker are so excited that they are finally getting a sibling at their dad's house. Their poor stepmom has been really sick but still takes awesome care of them when they are there. Chandler (10) told me that SM got really grumpy with Parker for the first time ever last week. LOL I just explained to both boys how hard it is for a woman when she is newly pg and sick alot. I am so excited and my ex seems really excited! He and I had a 20 min convo about it a few nights ago. I let him know all the rules: 1. He needs to pretend like he has never had a pg wife before, 2. He needs to read all of the books like it is his first time, and last but not least, 3. He is never, EVER to say when Alisha was pregnant.......

I am really happy for them.
August 29th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades

Love your advice.

That is awesome. Did you know they were trying? TJ said that his dad and stepmom are trying to get PG but I don't know. They probably wouldn't tell me anyway
August 30th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
I can totally relate. My ex & his wife are expecting...TWINS... so my DS is going to be 1 of 6 children of a 3 part blended family, yup...he's got a lot on his plate, poor kid. I am worried for his little heart he's going to be lost in the shuffle of being a big bro all over.

It's a big deal, and a big time "HOLY CR*P!" cause that's 2 of everything in one shot, very expensive. Heck, if me & my DH can manage our kids & pay a child support bill, extra medical expenses & all other things, then I don't see why they can't manage since she has a much better paying job than me. Yet, I would NEVER want twins, I have a 2 year old & an almost 9 mos. old & that's pretty much like having twins & I can say that it's A LOT of work & VERY demanding. Talk about a project getting out of the house. Grocery shopping, we need at 3 carts, 1 for the kids, & 2 for food, no lie. It's crazy & I can't do it w/ out my DH. Now I do ALL my shopping on-line cause of it & a grocery store trip is a big "to-do" & well planned out w/ coupons & a list w/ a STRICT budget. They'll get used to it but it's a lot going from 2 people to 4 over night, talk about wake up call.

I am curious what their genders will be. I told my ex that my only wish is that they are twin girls. LMBO!

August 30th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Veteran
Yes I knew they were trying. I could tell she was pg a few weeks before they told us. She just had that look!!

I would LMBO if they had twins! All the times that my ex griped about me being late to things would come back to bite him in the butt!! He would finally understand the difference in getting 2 kids out the door and in my case 5, but for him it would be 4. Still alot of work!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search