new to the blended family

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2008, 08:26 AM
emtswife08's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to emtswife08
hello my name is kristen, i am 25 years old and a SAHM to 3 boys... soon to be 4... i have been married for all most 3 months now to a wonderful man named nate ....this is the 2end marriege for the both of us... i have two boys from my previous marriage ( xavier & spencer ) and he has a son from his ( noah ).... we are expecting our 1st son on the 9th of oct ( landyn ) ... i am a full time SAHM and he works for our local EMS company..... he loves his job and so does our kids.....he has had full custody of his son ( noah ) for a year now... and what a big help he is around the house.... our boys are 5, soon to be 5, and 2..... they really make my day fun... we live in ohio and love it here.... i cant wait to get to know you ladies and hopefully make some new friends along the way too.

August 31st, 2008, 02:47 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Welcome to the board Kristen, I am Chantelle, one of the co-hosts here on Blended Families.

Looks like you & Nate have a lot on your plate but you seem to have a positive attitude & things seem to be going smoothly, or as much as possible in these circumstances. Congrats on your pregnancy. My DS was born on 10/10/00, great time to have a baby, not too hot, not too cold.

I have it from both ends, I am a bio-mom to 3 children (1 from a previous relationship) & a step-mom (DH has a son from his previous marriage). We have 2 children together, that makes' 4 boys + 1 DH, to say that I am slightly outnumbered would be an understatement. My DS' bio-dad & his step-mom are expecting twins in the new year, my DS will be part of a very weird Brady Bunch, lol!

I get along w/ my ex to a degree. I am nice & so forth, I know if I didn't have to deal w/ him again, I wouldn't be sad either, but then again, I think all of us feel that way. Unfortunately, I don't have any relationship other than negative, w/ my DSS & his bio-mom, it's just drama, drama, and I've decided to cut that part out of my life.

You'll find a lot of great people on this board who if haven't experienced it already, are in similar situations. This is a great place for advice & laughs. Glad to have you join us.

~C

August 31st, 2008, 04:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Kristin!
Chantelle is right...this is a great place to meet other blended moms and get advice, laughs and give advice as well. Your family looks so great and it does sound like you've got it pretty much under control. I can't imagine having as many boys in the household as you or Chantelle do. I have two boys of my own who are grown and a soon to be 17 yr old daughter as well as a 17 yr old step daughter, 16 yr old step son and two more step daughters ages 11 and 12. We didn't have one of our own--7 is definitely enough! I would have but Tom and I are just too old to start that all over again anyway. lol We've only been married 18 monthsand I am...well let's just say my oldest son is the same age as you.
Anyway, welcome to the board! We're happy to have you here!
August 31st, 2008, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Welcome to the board Kristen, I am Chantelle, one of the co-hosts here on Blended Families.

Looks like you & Nate have a lot on your plate but you seem to have a positive attitude & things seem to be going smoothly, or as much as possible in these circumstances. Congrats on your pregnancy. My DS was born on 10/10/00, great time to have a baby, not too hot, not too cold.

I have it from both ends, I am a bio-mom to 3 children (1 from a previous relationship) & a step-mom (DH has a son from his previous marriage). We have 2 children together, that makes' 4 boys + 1 DH, to say that I am slightly outnumbered would be an understatement. My DS' bio-dad & his step-mom are expecting twins in the new year, my DS will be part of a very weird Brady Bunch, lol!

I get along w/ my ex to a degree. I am nice & so forth, I know if I didn't have to deal w/ him again, I wouldn't be sad either, but then again, I think all of us feel that way. Unfortunately, I don't have any relationship other than negative, w/ my DSS & his bio-mom, it's just drama, drama, and I've decided to cut that part out of my life.

You'll find a lot of great people on this board who if haven't experienced it already, are in similar situations. This is a great place for advice & laughs. Glad to have you join us.

~C
[/b]

the funnie thing about our son together... he will be born on the day we met...and my oldest b-day is 10-10-03... he beg and pleded for us to have the baby on his b-day...but that was as close as we could get it...lol.....

August 31st, 2008, 05:34 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
Welcome. I am Becca the other co host here. I am a SAHM to 3 children. Sadie is 9 and she is mine from a previous.....situation..lol And together my DH and I have Lilly 7 and Gabriel 3. I do not have any step children so that is where Chantelle is the master but I am good at listening and saying what I think...lol. I have full custody of Sadie and she doesn't know her bio-dad and I am totally ok with that. That is such a long story that I would be happy to share but I am tired and sore from helping a friend move all day. Also I come from a very blended family as my mom has 4 children by 3 men. My dad is remarried so there are step children with that too.

Rambling done...WELCOME to the Blended Families.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
August 31st, 2008, 05:48 PM
i come from a blended family as well.. i was the 1st from my moms 1st marriege and my step dad has two boys from his.and we are 25, 25, and 24 then my mom and step dad had two more and they are 11, and 8... i dont know my real dad eather... so i just call my step dad ... daddie

August 31st, 2008, 06:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
Welcome Kristen.

Finally someone else with a blended situation like me I am Gina, I will be 31 on the 28th I am a SAHM to 3 boys. DH and I were highschool sweethearts that went our seperate ways just to find each other again 12 years later We each have a son from a previous marriage and we have 1 son together. Alex (his) will be 9 in September, TJ (mine) will be 9 in October, and Sam just turned 2 in August. Jason has custody of Alex since him and the bio-mom seperated. Can't wait to get to know you better.

So, are the bio-parents in the picture? What kind of visitation do they get?
August 31st, 2008, 07:07 PM
my ex husband wants nuttn to do with the boys... and we are in the process of tring to get my hubbie to adopt them... and his ex wife is in the picture ... way to much in my mind.. she went for a while and did not want to see him alot and then i pretty much lay down the law with her ...

August 31st, 2008, 07:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So you said something to her that caused her to step up to the plate? Do they pay child support (CS)?

My son's dad pays $200 a month through the courts and Jason's ex is "suppose" to pay $100 a month to DH that he agreed to $50/month and we haven't seen anything from her in 2 years. TJ goes to his dad's every other weekend and 2 weeks out of the summer with alternating holidays. He calls every week to talk to TJ too. Alex is on the same visitation with his mom (same weekends too ). She has times where she doesn't call or anything and he has started not wanting to go to her house.
August 31st, 2008, 11:29 PM
yeah her and i had some words about not seeing her son ( noah ).... my ex pays 500 a month for two... witch it needs to go up... he take me to court all the time to get it lowered and they keep telling him NO.... that is the only time i see him.... my SS bio - moms pays us 800 a month she is respondable to pay 1/2 of his medical wich is 400 amonth and then CS........ ( the poor boy has ADD and she never had him tested.... along with never tought him any thing.... so he was not able to go to kindergarden this year ... but will go next year with mine...) she see noah every other weekend ( this past weekend was hers ) and 4 weeks in the summer along with every other holiday.... we have it worked out that my kids go when noah goes to him moms.... but my ex doent want to see them... ( THANK GOD) i dont think i would let them go any way

September 1st, 2008, 06:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have wanted to say something to Alex's BM for awhile but I try to stay out of it for the most part. Other than talking to Jason about it. It is just so bothersome you know. Anyway, glad you are here.
September 1st, 2008, 09:08 AM
yeah .... i had gotton real mad at her one afternoon... when he kept talking s***t about my hubbie and how he packed up and left her....blah blah blah..... and i had just had it with her.... she was trying to hit on him and get him noah to split us a part.... so i was tired of it all so i told her she needed to grow up or i will make her grow up... i was married to a very horbible man and i raised two boys on my own and i never had the problems she had with one.... so every time she takes him i give her a run down on what he is allowed to do and not do.... expecially with his ADD.... i even have to go as far as printing something out for her to follow for 72 hours.... needlesss to say she stills gives me a hard time...but like i told her i will make her grow up

September 1st, 2008, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy

I often wonder if the BM gets agitated tby me being there for her son. I don't do it intentionally but if he is doing something he is not suppose to, around her or not, I am going to correct him. She doesn't take much of an interest in him at all. She doesn't call to check on him at all, maybe on the day she is to pick him up but nothing else. One year he didn't even get a call for his birthday. Oh I was so mad at her that day. She will come visit him at school for lunch some days but a lot of the times she has been a no show. Jason doesn't even have her listed on the emergency contact because she is so unrealiable.
September 3rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
sounds like my hubbies ex wife...she is the same way ... when we tell her noah is sick....she will say your point is.... and be a total **** well you know.... i have told her so many times to grow up or let me adpoted him... at lest he is better off with a mom like me then one like her......
your doing a great job and keep up the good work

September 3rd, 2008, 07:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
He is actually starting to catch on to her. He has strted not wanting to go see her now. I am sad that it is getting to that point. I think he should still see her but Jason says he is not going to force him anymore.
September 3rd, 2008, 08:38 PM
my ex just gave up his rights the other night.... so i am in the process of getting all the paper work together... i am so thankfull for that... now my DH's ex wife he is the dumpest thing on two legs and well there is not much to her but that.... yeah dont force anything let things happen on its own... and eather they grow up or get out

September 4th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Quote:
Welcome. I am Becca the other co host here. I am a SAHM to 3 children. Sadie is 9 and she is mine from a previous.....situation..lol And together my DH and I have Lilly 7 and Gabriel 3. I do not have any step children so that is where Chantelle is the master but I am good at listening and saying what I think...lol. I have full custody of Sadie and she doesn't know her bio-dad and I am totally ok with that. That is such a long story that I would be happy to share but I am tired and sore from helping a friend move all day. Also I come from a very blended family as my mom has 4 children by 3 men. My dad is remarried so there are step children with that too.

Rambling done...WELCOME to the Blended Families.[/b]

Becca... you are too funny about me being the master... I am far from it, but I do have the experience, sadly it's not on the positive side.

~C

September 19th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
welcome!!!!! and congrats on your newest adddion!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search