Halloween anyone?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
<span style="font-family:Georgia">So Halloween is approaching & once again, I am left to figure out what to do w/ my kids (costumes). My oldest wanted to be another Star Wars character, he's been a Star Wars character 3 years in a row now. It's time to try something else, I talked him into doing a Marine/military man instead of Venom Spider Man or Indiana Jones (which is what every other kid is going to be being that it's so popular). I have to figure out something for my 2 year old, I am thinking a skunk, I really love this skunk costume, adorablee...reminds me of Anne Geddes. Then for my almost 9 month old, I am considering putting him in my DS' costume from last year, an octopus. I know my toddler already wore it but saving money is key. My older son is getting braces next month, it's also his BDay & Halloween, 2 more Bdays in Nov. & Dec., plus Christmas presents & my mother is turning the Big 50 in January, DH's Bday in Feb., VDay & then our anniversary, can we say OVERLOAD & needing some financial relief? (TMI, sorry).

So I am rambling but the amount of money I'll be dishing out is insane so if I have to recycle a costume on another kid, is that a bad thing? I feel bad, but I hate to spend a ton on a baby who could care less. KWIM?

Any one else thinking of costumes yet or am I too early?

~C</span>

September 8th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Veteran
I would definitely pass costumes down! I bet the octopus costume is adorble!! As a matter of fact, I am thinking about letting Bryn wear the one she wore last year again. It is a 2T and was huge on her last year. I pinned it to make it fit her. Anyways, it is a perfect fit this year. I feel guilty for even thinking about putting her in the same costume but really she is 2, she doesn't even remember last Halloween. IDK what I am going to do. It is so cute and still looks brand new. She wore it for 2 hours! Would that be awful??

As for Eli, I have no idea. The 3 older ones are with their other parent's this year. I am like you this time of year.....

July- DSD's bday
Aug- DS and DD's bdays
Sept- DS and my birthday
Oct- Halloween
Nov- DS's bday
Dec- Christmas
Jan- Nothing- thank goodness
Feb- DH's bday and Vday
March- Our anniversary

We are pretty much broke July through March!!
September 9th, 2008, 05:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
I don't think there is anything wrong with handing down the costumes either!
The cutest costume I ever saw on a preschooler was back in Atlanta. This darling little girl went out dressed as a bunch of grapes! She had about 10-12 big, purple balloons attatched to her to form the grapes and a little felt "leaf" hat! It ws the cutest thing I had ever seen! And cheap, too! Another one went as a Christmas present--a box wrapped in Christmas paper, arms and legs sticking out through holes cut in the box and the head poking out of the top with this big bow hat! I like costumes like that.
When my middle child was about 12--just at the end of his trick or treating days--he went as a "cereal killer". Just carried a box of Cheerios with a knife sticking out of it and red food coloring staining the box. I thought that was kind of clever! lol
And like you guys, we have way too many expenses! We have:

2 b-days in February plus v-day (mine and Tom's sister)
1 b-day and Anniversary in March
Parent's anniversary in April
2 b-day in May (Tom's mom and my sister)
2 b-days in June (two of Tom's girls)
4 b-days in July (one of Tom's girls, my two sons and my mom)
2 b-days in September (Tom's son and my DD)
2 b-days and Thanksgiving in November (Tom's and my brother's)
Christmas
Only the two youngest ones go out on Halloween anymore and that should stop pretty soon...if I have my say anyway. lol I do kind of miss having little ones around this time of the year. I used to love seeing the excitement in their eyes!
September 9th, 2008, 05:19 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
<span style="font-family:Georgia">I think that there is nothing wrong with that....I do it.

All three of my kids were a honey pot for their 2nd Halloween. And Gabe is using the costumes that Kal wore when he was little...His mom made them and saved them.

Here are some of the cheap costumes that I have made in my kids lives...I AM CHEAP and even have the christmas present!!!

Gabe as a SUPER PICKLE

Sadie as her favorite singer...a friend who is in a local band!

The girls as PRINCESSES

Raggety Andy, a Clown and a Hippy

Sadie's present hair

Sadie as the Present
</span>

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
September 9th, 2008, 06:07 PM
emtswife08's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to emtswife08
i know what you mean...and we are thinking about costums all ready.... i have 3 boys now and i will be haveing our 4 th boy the 9th of oct... so i have to get our lil guy something too... and money...lol that is a joke.... i am hurting for it this time of year... witch seems like the majorty of us are...... but passing down oufits ... i would so do it... i just dont have any to pass down.... i one i want to sell cuz it wont fit my boys they are too tall... but no one wants a tiger....lol well i wish you the best of luck along with all the other mommie too....

September 19th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
I see no problem with using other cosutoms you used for ur other kids! I would too! They want the candy! Im thinking of having hollyann as little red ridding hood! lol soooo cute!!!
UGH i know all them holidays are comming up soon!!!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search