new here

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Super Mommy
My name is Amber (25) (fiance of David 39). I have a beautiful 5 year old daughter to an ex (James, 39). Ex has a lot of problems. I have sole physical custody, we have joint legal custody. I believe this is the board I can gain a lot of comfort out of. I do admit I am a little immature and I think this board can help me gain knowledge on how to handle some situations. Thanks ladies, look foward to getting to know all of you.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
September 11th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Welcome Amber!
You've come to the right place! There are a lot of women on this board who are very helpful and can offer you a lot of good advice.
I'm Dani. I am a mom and step mom to 7 kids--3 mine, 4 his. My new husband and I have been married for 18 months and my ex and I were married for 22 years. We have lots of issues with the ex's but none with us!
Hope to learn about you and your family and welcome again to the board!
September 11th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Welcome Amber! I am Chantelle, one of the co-hosts here. I am a step & bio mom & have good situations on one end & bad on the other. My DH & I have 2 boys together, all in all 4 boys between the 2 of us. My DS is getting twins in Feb., so he'll be a lovely mixture of a twentieth century Brady Bunch.

You are not naive in thinking that this board can help, it can on many levels. A lot of us have BTDT & are currently experiencing it or have had it happen to them as children. We all have great stories to share that can put a positive spin on a situation if you take the info & see a part of you inside. It's nice to know that you are not alone. We're not. It's sad that we have to be here to meet, I don't think ANY of us would have wanted to part of "this group" but b/c we are & have to be, we make the best of it.

Looking forward in getting to know you.

~C

September 11th, 2008, 04:52 AM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
Welcome I am Becca one of the co-hosts here. I have 3 children. One with an ex and 2 with my DH. My DH thinks of Sadie as his own and I recently got an email saying that her BF would sign the adoption papers if I paid for it.

Does your ex see you DD often?

I hope that you stick around, we would love to have you!

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
September 11th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
September 11th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Super Mommy
Her dad gets her the first 3 weekends out f the month (as ordered) and I have her remainder. (if you read "my story" it will be more understandable) he got with this girl 2 months after "being together" they moved into a house together, which out of the 6 years we were "together" he would never do. Then in January he got a new car, now hes going back to school. I ask him for help with Mia and he says he doesnt have it and I need to let him see the baby more. Which he is supposed to pick her up sat 10 am til sun 6pm. I was letting him keep her til monday before he had to go to work which was about 2 oclock pm. if he asked for another day I would say ok, clenching my teeth as the words left my mouth I would still say ok. He rarely asked for another day. Then he gave me two options to a. let her stay with him every other week or b. let her stay with him every other weekend and wednesday to thursday even though he wouldnt be there. And everytime he asks for another day he says something like, Im paying too much for support (200 a month) or he doesnt think its fair he doesnt get to claim her on taxes!!!!!!!!!! Now school has started. He moved to further away city and then told me he wants me to put her in a school closer to him?????!!!! LOL hilarious! I said why dont he pay the tuition which I already dished out 3700 a year plus my gas plus latchkey plus 50 dollars a month for lunch plus all the uniforms I have bought!!!! Totally about 5 grand so far!!!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
September 19th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
Welcome!!!!!!
Im Amber (also) im 22. My daughter is Hollyann she is 2. I live with my BF. hollyanns Dad doesnt see her so we dont have much to deal with at the current moment. When it comes to him. Welcome to the board. The ladies here are honestly so great! They have helped me a great deal. Im sure you will gain that from them also.

Oh my ex sounds alot like ur EX also. he wanted to see her more since he was "paying soooooooo much" and then he thought he could claim her. well he got in trouble with the IRS! idiot. Well now he says he doesnt have time to see her cause of his living situation and work.! Oh well though. His loss

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search