Cute new costume

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2008, 11:01 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Okay... so since my now 2 year old has been "in the oven" I've been eye-ballin' this costume but my DH wasn't happy w/ the cost & I allowed him to stray me away from getting it. Well... I just bought it. My 9 month old is going to be wearing the costume that my 2 year old wore last year (octopus) so I don't have to buy him a costume, and next year, my now 9 month old will be able to wear this costume that I've been "eye-balling"....

It's by Tom Arma... and It's my fav!!!! SKUNK!!!!

BTW... there is more to this. So embarassing but I'll share. Everyone has a "favorite" smell, could be firewood, apple pie, a certain perfume or DH's cologne. Well, mine happens to be a skunk, that's right, I love the smell of skunk. So when you are all closing your windows from the smell of skunk, I am opening them & smelling the fumes as strongly as possible, that's right, you're eyes aren't playing tricks on you, I love the smell of skunk, I know, I know, I am strange. I am aware that this IS abnormal, but it's true. Now you know my "stinky" little secret. lol...

October 1st, 2008, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
I have to say.. Your one ODD cookie! Move to my house! I swear i smell them often *YUCK!*.
Oh my goodness!! i LOVE that costume!!!! I want hollyann to be Little red ridinghood this year! LOL!
ADORABLE! can't wait to see PICS!
October 1st, 2008, 05:50 PM
I know, I am often told that. I used to like the smell of gasoline when I was a child, then I grew up & had to pay for it, that flew out the window. I like the smell of a wood burning stove from the outdoors, but I hate it indoors (we have a wood burning stove that we use for heating purposes). Aside from that I am normal, I hate the smell of garbage, dirty diapers, cat urine (nasty!) & the obvious, tuna fish or egg salad sandwiches. You get the idea. But yes, skunk, I don't get it, but I like it. Strange. I wouldn't want a perfume of it or anything but I do enjoy it.

LMBO

October 1st, 2008, 06:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Well I don't believe I have ever heard of anyone who actually liked the smell of skunk so you're definitely unique! I love that costume though! That is so incredibly cute!!! I can't wait to see Halloween pictures!!! I hope everyone will post some! (I have to live vicariously through you guys since my kids are all too old for that stuff. )
October 2nd, 2008, 04:46 AM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
Ya know what...I don't dislike the smell...or like it....I am ok with it. I say ok a skunk and then I am about my business. Sniffing it and enjoying it is a little off and I think that there is something wrong with you... I think that he is going to be a super cute skunk!

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
October 2nd, 2008, 07:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Well I don't believe I have ever heard of anyone who actually liked the smell of skunk so you're definitely unique! I love that costume though! That is so incredibly cute!!! I can't wait to see Halloween pictures!!! I hope everyone will post some! (I have to live vicariously through you guys since my kids are all too old for that stuff. )[/b]
AWE!.. get preggos or adopt!! LOL!
October 2nd, 2008, 09:33 PM
SFGiantsGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I loooove that pic. It is tooo funny. Your little one will be soo adorably in that!! I do agree with everyone else though, I do believe you are a strange one with the fact that you like skunk smell!! lol. I swear everytime I go over to my parents house, I always smell skunk! I can't stand it!! Ughhhh, it must be an "aquired" smell...lol. Definately post pics!! I wanna see your lil' one in that costume!!

October 3rd, 2008, 06:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
Well I don't believe I have ever heard of anyone who actually liked the smell of skunk so you're definitely unique! I love that costume though! That is so incredibly cute!!! I can't wait to see Halloween pictures!!! I hope everyone will post some! (I have to live vicariously through you guys since my kids are all too old for that stuff. )[/b]
[/b]
Oh no. I think 7 is MORE than enough! I'll wait for grandbabies!
October 6th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh just want to say i smelled Skunk lastnight like 3 times ..EWWWW.. i totally thought of you though.. wishing you were smelling it and NOT me..lol!!! I wish i could UPS that to you.. LOL

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
Oh no. I think 7 is MORE than enough! I'll wait for grandbabies!
[/b]
Goodness dani. 7 is quite alot huh! lol
October 6th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We haven't had DSD for halloween yet. This year it is possible and I am so excited at the prospect of finding a costume with her and going trick or treating. I love the holiday times. Even tho I grew up in an emotionally abusive family, they always made holidays a big deal. (green eggs on st patrick's day, a whole parade kinda process for easter and christmas, big family dinner and football on Thanksgiving, big commotion over costumes and trick or treating) I look forward to being able to share my love of holidays with my DSD.

My favorite smell...pumpkin. I love pumpkin candles, ice cream, etc. The smell means family time to me. It means cooler weather and coming holidays. I'm from Nj so it means lots of gorgeous colored trees.

October 7th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Got the costume yesterday, it's adorableee!!! Coopers' not amused though. I did take pix but since we're in the midst of hackers & weirdos right now, I do not want to post photos of my kids right now since I don't want them to be exposed to anything that could harm them. I did post photos on "Mom's House/Dad's House" so if you are a member of that forum, you can view the photos there.

Thanx
~C

October 8th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Goodness dani. 7 is quite alot huh! lol[/b]
Yes it is! I have 3 and he has 4...we currently have 3 teenagers and one who will turn 13 next June. Three of those are girls! Yeah...MORE than enough! lol
Besides, my oldest one is 25. There is just something so WRONG (in my opinion) about having a child when your children could be parents several times over! I can't imagine being at my child's graduation with my walker and bifocals, all gray haired and wrinkly, looking like everyone's favorite granny! That plus I would never want my child to have to deal with "Is that your grandmother?" when referring to me....nor would I want to deal with "Is this your first grandbaby?" when referring to my child. lol I have friends who have babies who are YOUNGER than their grandchildren and to me, that just seems wierd! There is a reason that we stop being able to have babies at my age...other than the obvious we'd put them down and forget where we left them...lol
So I will happily wait for my grandbabies to start arriving and spoil them ROTTEN...then send them home to mom and dad. Payback is GLORIOUS!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search