Haven't been around here much....but....

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2008, 08:03 PM
SFGiantsGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I just wanted to say that things are going great with my SO, me and his daughter. I LOVE how things are going actually. She is doing soooo good now. She isn't whining like she was a while ago and she is just so much more well adjusted. Im not sure if it was the summer and too much of just laying around and tv or what. But now that school is back, life is wonderful. WE all get along great and have fun together. It is just the best!! So I just wanted to update all you ladies, that we are just one happy lil' family!! Yay!!!!

October 9th, 2008, 04:48 AM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
That is great. I hope that things continue to go well for you guys. I think that it makes it easier when everyone can get a long and things run smoothly.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
October 9th, 2008, 05:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
I am so happy to hear that! I think you may be right about summer being hard on her. Kids get bored easily and sometimes it seems like causing a little mischief is their form of entertainment! lol
Keep us posted and kudos to you for sticking it out!
October 9th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
YAY!!!!!!!!!
Im soooooooooooo happpy for you girl! ......
Rememeber " THE RING!"
October 10th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Quote:
YAY!!!!!!!!!
Im soooooooooooo happpy for you girl! ......
Rememeber " THE RING!" [/b]
Thanks!!!
Lol!! I know....I am hoping and keeping fingers and toes crossed!!

October 10th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Always love hearing about the good stuff, keep it coming! Some kids have a hard time in the summer. They get bored etc., and they can get into bad habits (i.e., whining, crying, lying).

Sounds like you guys have it pretty good. More than a lot of NORMAL families can say, let alone blended families. I have to give you credit. You have a lot to be proud of. If you don't mind me asking. Are you spiritual, do you meditate? What do you think contributes to this positive environment? I'd love to hear what works for you in your situation.

Thanks for sharing

~Chantelle

October 10th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Always love hearing about the good stuff, keep it coming! Some kids have a hard time in the summer. They get bored etc., and they can get into bad habits (i.e., whining, crying, lying).

Sounds like you guys have it pretty good. More than a lot of NORMAL families can say, let alone blended families. I have to give you credit. You have a lot to be proud of. If you don't mind me asking. Are you spiritual, do you meditate? What do you think contributes to this positive environment? I'd love to hear what works for you in your situation.

Thanks for sharing

~Chantelle
[/b]

Thanks Things are going really well. We (my bf and I) are trying to communicate about everything. We are so proud of his daughter and of how we all are doing with blending us all together. We are Christians and we go to church, pretty regularly. His daughter is really liking the childrens church, it is so wonderful having her talk about the lessons and what she learned. It puts a smile on my face and my bf's. I think that really contributes to us and how we approach all of this. We try to have a positive attitude about things.

My bf came up with a great idea for his daughter. When she whines or says huh? or what? when he asks her to do something or if I ask her as well, she has to give up a quarter from her piggy bank everytime it happens. She doesn't know it but at the end of the night or the week, the quarters go back in her piggy...lol. But it teaches her and she has gotten much much better

I want to thank you all for your help and support when I have wrote on here. I am sooo glad that I have found you ladies!!

October 11th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
That is a really good idea! (the quarter) I love that! She's young enough that she really doesn't realize that the quarters are going back in...wish my kids were younger. I could pull a fortune out of their banks on a daily basis....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search