Prayers Please ***O/T***

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
<span style="font-family:Georgia">***DH & I took him to ER yesterday/last night. They sedated him & did scans to rule out brain swelling & mass/tumors or fluid, which they did. However, the tests that they did could not rule out potential "smaller" tumors, bleeding or lesions. Now we have to have an MRI, they need to get spinal fluid from his head & some muscle tissue. The docs we saw at the ER said that if all these tests pass (meaning are okay) then they feel that he has a genetic disorder which they didn't bother to get into & gladly they didn't cause I'd be freaking out & doing so much research on something my son wouldn't or would have, I can be neurotic in that way.

We are seeing his neurologist tomorrow at 10am. Hopefully she orders the MRI, which he will need an outpatient general anesthesia (can't move in an MRI) & if she doesn't, second option is moving Cooper to a new neurologist which is already in the works. I have contacted his pediatrician & requested for the name of a new neurologist so that we can get a 2nd opinion. This is a major thing & even "if" this current neurologist knows what she is doing, I want to make double sure that this is what it is. It's my son, he's only 2, special needs, delayed (17 mo. old level) & can't articulate to us how he truly feels in detail so it's up to us as his parents to make sure we cross all our "T's" & dot all of our "I's".

With that said. Cooper is still struggling but we're working on it.

Again, T&P are welcome & much appreciated.

I truly apologize if I am MIA on the forum or not as active or upbeat for a while. It's not that I don't care or don't want to be, I just have a million things on my mind & have to get them in order. In the mean time I will do my best to keep things in order here & I promise that I will check daily to make sure all is well & if I can't respond know that I am reading & thinking of you all.

HUGS
Chantelle

October 13th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You certainly have my thoughts and good wishes. I hope everything is ok.

October 14th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Oh Chantelle, I am praying everything works out. Let us know how it goes.
October 14th, 2008, 10:01 AM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
I will be praying for you and your son and family. Give me a call if you want to chat.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
October 14th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You & your son are in my prayers. Keep us posted!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
October 14th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Super Mommy
so sorry to hear that. I am praying and wishing you guys the best.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
October 16th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't worry about the board. We completely understand. Cooper comes 1st!!!!!

I hope you find answers soon. Cooper is in my prayers. I so feel for you as Noah is the same age. I can't even begin to imagine.

October 18th, 2008, 02:21 PM
We had a visit w/ Cooper's neuro on Thursday. We're doing a procedure but first have a pre-op which has to be scheduled (even though all the tests that would be needed for pre-op were just done this past Tuesday)....

Then after that, we wait for the procedure apt for him & rule out the bad stuff. And then move from there. I don't like the neuro so once the results come back from her, I'll sign a release to his pediatrician. This way, once I get in w/ the new neuro (which is backed up in the calendar) I can just switch the files w/ the results no prob.

In the mean time. Cooper seems better but still struggling. This neuro thinks he has headaches. I don't believe her but she can have her opinion. Migraines are bad, but they don't last more than a week, sorry... and Motrin & Tylenol haven't touched it so I think she is just making this up.

Trying to keep positive. That's all we can do. Now I have to wait for phone calls & apt's from the hospital & then I am sure that December will be the time that we have to do all of this. Great, not thrilled but at least I know that it can be done in one day & it's outpatient. I just want the results. The neuro said that she's leaving on vaca for a while & that for me to call & ask for the results over the phone. Hope they can release that info to me.

Thanks for the kind words.
~C

October 19th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Poor little guy! I'm so sorry you're still going through all of this. I hope all the tests come out with results that can be diagnosed as something easy to deal with. As far as headaches go, I used to get headaches that would last for weeks at a time--literally going to sleep with one and waking up with one. It was horrible and I was much older than Cooper. I can't imagine that poor baby going through something like that at his age. Have they ruled out food allergies? I know in my case, it turns out I am allergic to cinnamon and I used to LIVE on cinnamon toast in the morning. Now if I accidentally eat something with cinnamon in it, I will get a headache for 3 days! I was having cinnamon toast about 5 times a week...
Hope that helps...
October 19th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Poor little guy! I'm so sorry you're still going through all of this. I hope all the tests come out with results that can be diagnosed as something easy to deal with. As far as headaches go, I used to get headaches that would last for weeks at a time--literally going to sleep with one and waking up with one. It was horrible and I was much older than Cooper. I can't imagine that poor baby going through something like that at his age. Have they ruled out food allergies? I know in my case, it turns out I am allergic to cinnamon and I used to LIVE on cinnamon toast in the morning. Now if I accidentally eat something with cinnamon in it, I will get a headache for 3 days! I was having cinnamon toast about 5 times a week...
Hope that helps...
[/b]
It's ironic that you mention the whole food allergy thing & cinnamon thing too. My mother said the same thing. My son eats everything, all sorts of stuff. Things that are very adult like, have all sorts of adult foods, in that I mean the other day he had chicken marsala w/ broccoli & couldn't get it in fast enough meanwhile your average child (let alone 2 year old) would be forced to eat that stuff & complaining the entire time. My son eats everything & anything. He's been that way since he was able to gum his food to swallow it. He didn't get teeth until well past the age of one. My other kids, including my almost 1 year old w/ teeth, hate foods, hate table foods, they are picky, they would be under the category as "normal" for children, but hard for parents. My mother said "don't you think it's the foods?" perhaps.... that's something of a possibility & I will be sure to bring that possibility up to the new neuro at Children's too. I know that this last "episode" started when we took him to the Rainforest Cafe. If you are not familiar w/ that place, it's loud, there are thunder storms every 15 minutes as if you were really in the rainforest & it's extremely loud in there. The lights are flashing & it's annoying, kids enjoy it but for someone w/ migraines, this would be a "no-no".... again, something I will be bringing up w/ his new neuro. This is a possibility. And honestly, I'd much rather my son have chronic headaches/migraines (which isn't fun & painful but not deadly) than something of a tumor or blood disorder. As any parent would want & prefer. Either way. One day at a time.

Today Cooper is in better spirits but he now has a runny nose. That means he is starting w/ the sickies, great... all we need to add to his issues. At least it's a cold, could be worst, right? All the boys are getting flu shots on Thursday, I have to see MY neuro on Tuesday for my MS issues & then on Friday my 8 year old is getting his braces on the top of his mouth & we have a wedding on Friday at 5pm 2 hours away from our home. Who the heck gets married on a Friday at 5pm on a work-week-night? Seriously... annoying... oh well... what can ya do. Again, 1 day at a time. Now I am just rambling & ranting. Sorry.

Thanks for the info on your issues/situation w/ cinnamon. I'll keep that in mind cause once again, my son loves all sorts of foods that contain spices & creams & you never know. It might just be something THAT simple. Wouldn't that be nice? Just keeping him away from that spice & him having a normal life again? I'd be super happy.

Thanks!
Chantelle

October 19th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh I do hope it's something that simple!
Ironically, when I was little I used to eat cinnamon without any problems so don't discard the idea of it being something he may have always had in his diet. It wasn't until I was about 16-17 that I began having the headaches and finally figured out what was going on--(after almost a year of practically non-stop headaches and a mother who refused to take me to the doctor for more than 8 months!) At one point they put me on Valium because our family practice doc said it was stress. Yeah, I still had headaches...I just didn't give a *&^%$#!
I sincerely hope the find something simple like that. I'm praying for both you and your son's health!
October 19th, 2008, 05:36 PM
I was telling that to my DH today about you & he said how that would be nice. I know my grandfather can't eat certain spices, they bother him. My mother is the same way & so on. Things can be like that & allergic reactions (as I've learned recently w/ my DS & his cat allergy) comes out in the most odd ways.

You'd expect someone to have puffy eyes, runny nose, blow-up like a balloon, tongue swollen etc., but that's just a stereotype of an allergic reaction to things. It can come out in so many different ways.

October 19th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sweetie, that's what we're here for! We KNOW what these things are like--frustrations, having to deal with ex's and step parents and bio parents and all that crap. I know how my DD Tori's diabetes has affected my life and how many nights I spent in the ER with her(25 hospital STAYS and 27 trips to the ER)--several times wondering to myself if she was worse off than I thought and if maybe...possibly...God forbid...she might not make it? I know what it's like having medical issues as well. I spent 6 months a few years ago thinking I had a brain tumor and might not make it to see my kids grow up. It was a misdiagnosis but during that period it was VERY real and I completely understand what you're going through. Your ex and his wife are idiots for not ridding the house of the cats and cleaning it thoroughly before your DS visits...but then they'll find out just how foolish they've been soon enough. You don't have to appologize for venting or ranting or anything else. It's better for YOU to get it out than to keep it bottled up inside and affect your health...which right now is very important and easily affected by all this stress. MS was a possible diagnosis for what I went through during my "tumor" period. Thankfully, it was ruled out in the end along with the tumor but I still remember.
Tori has a friend with allergies to nuts. Hers is so severe that she has to have the lunchroom table she sits at sterilized before she can sit down, in case someone had eaten a PB&J before she came in. Chair, table...everything. She carries an epi-pen with her at all times and if she were to eat anything with nuts--especially peanuts--it WOULD kill her. Not could but WOULD. Yeah...anyone that says "Oh it's just allergies" doesn't really understand how bad they can be. You're right. People usually think of ragweed type allergic symptoms and sneezing fits and runny noses. They never consider that there are DEGREES of reactions. I get sniffly around cats too. My allergy isn't anywhere near as severe as your sons!
When you hear news about your little one, please let us know. I contiue to pray for your family and want nothing more than for your son to get a diagnosis of something minor like an allergy. Just FYI--both my brother and me have the exact same reactions to cinnamon--both grew up eating it but can no longer tolerate it. His is even worse--just walking by Cinnabons in the mall gives him a headache!
October 20th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh dear missed that,

You have my most warm T&P honey ....i am sure that everything is gonna be ok.

PS: Just read the rest of it. And YES when they have the twins they'll realize. I shooed my cat out of the apartment and on the upstairs study when we fell pregnant straight away. It's not only that i do not WANT her hair and furballs around a newborn it's also that she is mean and very jealous and i'd be ######ed if i let her near our child....even though i adore her. Of COURSE children come before animals....they'll figure it out soon enough

" \m/ Now Iím riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Iíll cross the line forevermore \m/ "

October 20th, 2008, 05:36 AM
TY ladies, you are great!

October 20th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope it turns out to be something easily treatable.

I also want to say don't rule out the migranes. My friend gets migraines that last weeks at a time. It's gotten so bad lately that she has a migrane 25 days out of the month. She's had migraines for as long as she can remember.

October 20th, 2008, 06:12 PM
SFGiantsGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
My thoughts and prayers are with you,your family, and Cooper!! I really hope things getter better and they can figure out what is wrong with him and treat him. Hopefully nothing serious. Keep your self healthy in the midst of all of this, sometimes we are so focused on everything else that we put our needs last, keep your health up, Cooper and your family need you!!

October 26th, 2008, 06:18 PM
merkelsgirl
chantelle I am sorry your little boy is going through so much! He is in mine and Tony's thoughts and prayers!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search