Opinions?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Veteran
So my exes wife is about six weeks away from delivering a baby, and I thought it would be nice for Kaili to bond with it before the arrival and do something as a big sister. We were told for weeks that it was going to be a little girl, so Kaili went to the store and I helped her pick out a little pink outfit and toy, and we sent it in a nice gift bag with a card.

Two days ago I get a call from the ex, and he says "They made a mistake on the ultrasound, and it's going to be a BOY."

What am I supposed to do now? She's all upset because obviously a boy can't wear the stuff she picked out for it, and I highly DOUBT they'll be sending the outfit back so I can exchange it for another. (They're in Michigan, we're in Virginia) I'm a bit ticked off, but I bit my tongue for her sake.

Should I let her pick out another outfit and write the other one off?
August 9th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmmmm....

I would probably get another outfit, and kiss the other one goodbye. I'd be ticked also. Also play up a baby brother. But, what if the baby comes out a girl? Maybe wait until the baby is born to send something else?

Stitched For Kids - Personalized Super Hero Capes, Personalized Hooded Towels, Nap Mats, Personalized Father/Son shirts, Toddler Aprons!
"Like" us on Facebook!
August 13th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Veteran
Thanks Sue! I think I'll wait till the birth and THEN send another gift! LOL!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search