Might not be posting so much

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2008, 06:33 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
So I wanted to warn everyone that I might not be posting as much in the next week or so. This quitting smoking thing has been really difficult. Since I quit I have had 2 packs...I am weak. Kal had one so I do not feel so bad about it. So tomorrow there is no more. I have already smoked my last one that I have so I am hoping that waking up without any will help me get through the day better. I feel like the biggest B ever. I never realized how addicting it was. I started smoking at 14 and have no quit since....nope horrible me never completely quit when I was pregnant....I tried but I failed. So I do think that this is best but it is sooooo hard. Kal is quiting too and he is just getting on mym last nerve most of the time. Sadie is acting up and thinking that she can get away with everything. Lilly is being the worlds biggest tattle tail and Gabe is ALMOST potty trained. I have my hands full and I am trying hard. We also joined the YMCA yesterday and went in tonight and I got my butt kicked....that made me tired.

Well off to watch a movie and go to bed.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
November 8th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Sweetie, I am a smoker from wayyyyyyyyyyy back. I actually quit for 19 years! BUT when I got divorced, I started hanging around people who smoke and BAM...right back on them! I sympathize with you BELIEVE ME! Now, a few weeks ago, I wound up in the hospital for 3 days. While I was in there I could not smoke. They have a NO SMOKING policy on the GROUNDS--not just inside! I was going NUTS! My nurse went and got me a nicotine patch and let me tell you those things work! I'd never tried one before but I was able to go for the rest of the time there--2 days--with only a mild craving. It was actually tolerable. I HIGHLY recommend that you get those for both of you. I remember thinking to myself when I am ready to quit, I will go on the patch because it would work for me then. I was not ready when I got out but I actually did go through the entire ride home before I lit up.
Do yourself a favor and get the patch. It will make it so much easier to do!
Best of luck to you and your hubby!

Oh and I smoked while I was pregnant with my oldest son--quit the day he was born. Low birthweight? Ummm...8.3 lbs. the nurses said he was the healthiest baby they'd seen in a long time!
November 8th, 2008, 09:17 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
Ok so I swear that nothing is ever going to go right. Kal was getting ready to go out hunting. He hunts on our land so I am not really worried about his safety..with his back and all. Well he was fully dressed and the phone rang. He went to grab it and his back got a horrible pain and he fell to the ground. Between Sadie and I...remember that she is 9...we were able to get all his hunting clothes off of him in about 5 minutes and I tried to help him into a chair and he couldn't even get up. So he crawled. I got him in the chair and gave him some pain pills. He told me to go get him cigarettes....I did. There is nothing that the DR's are going to do because he already has surgery scheduled. So I am going to call and see if I can get another pain pills script if we run out. This is the 1st time he has ever taken the pills for his back. He is a very addictive person and we are both concerned about the pain pills and addiction. So a friend from church brought us a walker for him this evening to borrow. My MIL has one from when she has foot surgery so whenever I can get out there I am going to pick it up. I am hoping that it has wheels because he is not doing well with the pick up one.

So it is 12:15 AM and Kal is asleep on the hide-a-bed and I am on his laptop in the recliner. I am going to try to sleep here because I am scared what will happen if he gets up in the middle of the night.

If you are a praying person please pray for him. And all of us for that matter.

So that is my update. I am going to try to sleep while I can...Without a Trace is on and I really love this show!

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
November 9th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Your poor hubby! I am so sorry that he's going through that. I know how awful it is to have back problems...though mine were NEVER as bad as his are! I will keep all of you in my prayers.
November 9th, 2008, 10:45 AM
merkelsgirl
I wish you luck. I have tried to quit and was never successful afer 3 weeks. I just got too stressed. And DH smokes as does his whole family so its hard!
November 11th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
You have a lot on your plate. No worries. Smoking is hard & it's addicting. They don't have all these quitting things on the market for smokers for nothing. They have people going to hypnosis, the whole nine. Smoking is hard to stop. I used to smoke, not a lot but I did smoke. I haven't smoked in years. I never smoked in my house, car or around my kids but I did smoke outdoors, when it used to be legal in bars & stuff. I did it for stress & did it a lot in 2001. I stopped big time after in 2003, I just had many reasons to quit, money was a big one, and then I hated the way I felt. But again, smoking is addicting & it's not something I am judging you on. It's a hard process & you take all the time you need. If you need me, you know where to find me, I'm here for you, you know that.

The fact that you are trying to replace one habit w/ a GOOD habit is great & you will be more successful that way, and the fact that Kal is doing it too, well... can't go wrong, you two can do it together. Just think of all that $ you'll save. I have faith in you. And, if you fall off the wagon, don't get down on yourself, it's okay too. No one is perfect.

In the end, I love ya even if you are or are not a smoker. I'd like you to be healthy & be around longer.

Potty training...OMG...adding that too I would lose it! I couldn't do it but that's me. If you can do all of that & still keep it together, you gotta tell me how you do/did it cause I need that technique. Oh... and I still expect you to call me even if you are a major "B", I don't care, I can be a major "B" too...

T&P are sent for you & Kal, we'll be thinking of you all. I hope everyone gets through the rough spots.

HUGS
Chantelle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search