Sadie has ISS

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2008, 04:58 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
So at lunch today Sadie who I remind you is 9 years old is having a political talk with some kids. Well she told them she doesn't like Obama because she doesn't think that it is ok that he wants to take more money from her daddy to give to people who do not want to work...HE TOLD HER THAT NOT ME. And the kids that she was talking to did not like that so they started to yell at her that McCain sucks and Obama won. Sadie didn't like that so she got up to walk away and they started it again in her face so she turned around and went to kick a boy and her cowboy boot flew off and missed him and landed in another kids lunch tray. So her VP called and told me this and I went up there and we talked about this. She said that because I came in and talked that is enough of a consequence....*** how? I told her that Sadie needs to know that because she disagrees with someone (because I am not fully convinced of the yelling because the 3 adults and the VP in the lunchroom never heard yelling) that she can attack them physically. So I told her that she needed to do what she would have done if I had not came in because the only one that was being punished right now is me because I had to leave my husband at home and he can not walk and come up there to talk to her. So she gave her 1 day of In School Suspension (ISS). So tomorrow she is going to be in the little room at school and think. I think that I am going to call the police station tomorrow and see if I can get a tour so that Sadie can see where she is going to end up if she thinks that she can go around hitting people if she disagrees with them.

What to do!!!! URGH

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
November 12th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Oh boy.... Well... here's the thing. She did a "no, no"... and you are a GREAT mother who is teaching her right from wrong & that's the good thing. I was telling you earlier today on the phone how there are parents out there that don't get "it" & that no matter what their child does, they don't get "it" & the child never learns.

I'm sorry that this happened. Boy... talk about unexpected & kids shouldn't be talking about this any ways. Again, we talked about this even before Obama was elected, how my son (who is in 2nd grade) was coming home discussing horrible stuff that he had heard on the bus from school kids. I tell ya, it's horrible & kids shouldn't be discussing ADULT issues.

I wish I had better advice but you have her in check & I know you will teach her the best way to handle things when she has another issue again, kids learn from their mistakes when they have parents who teach them, it's when they have parents who don't teach them, that's when they don't learn.

HUGS
Chantelle

November 13th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
I'm so sorry that happened! Just what you need right now, right? More stuff to worry about! I do agree with Chantelle that you did the right thing in not letting the school let her off so easy. I don't know if it will work to help her understand better ways of dealing with anger and frustration. You might have to get a little more creative with her for that. I wish I had some suggestions...I don't (for once! lol) I dealt with some of that with my oldest son but he had so many issues (learning disabilities that went undiagnosed until 5th grade, ADHD, OCD...the list goes on) that it was like "Is that all? Heck that's nothing!" so it got pushed to the back burner. I wish now I had dealt with it a little more but he has managed pretty well on his own to do so. Plus, much of the time I knew he was simply frustrated by his life--which was miserable, so I felt bad for him and let him off the hook a lot. Yeah, he was my first so he got more of that than the others. I do think you're doing right by your daughter not letting her off the hook and I commend you for that--especially with all the rest of the stuff you're dealing with.
You're in my prayers hon...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search