What am I afraid of? What would you do?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
I live in a quiet neighborhood, lots of trees, we have deer, fox, you get the point. Well, my neighbor (who I went to high school w/, I dated her brother even) has this pug dog & her son, who is my son's friend (in school, they don't play outside of school, he's 2 year's younger) comes over EVERY MORNING & uses my backyard as his potty house. Every morning he walks up my driveway, walks into my backyard, walks up my porch, pees on my sliding glass doors, then proceeds to dig holes in my flowers or by the kid's play set & then poops in the yard.

Now, I don't have dogs. I am not a dog person. Never will be. I have enough diapers to change, I don't need to walk a dog or pick up poop too. I've been letting this dog do it's business for almost 2 years (as of December of this year actually) & last week I lost it. I took my camera & too photos of FIDO in my yard . A part of me wants to call animal control & say "pick up this DOG!!!!" by my DH said to me "you know her, Dominic plays w/ this kid, just go talk to her". Here's the thing. I don't like confrontations. I don't want to talk to her. I don't want to go there & I don't feel that I should have too either. There is a law that her dog should be in HER yard & on a leash, the fact that it's walking around in my yard is not my problem. I am tired & I am angry. I am more angry than before b/c I've allowed this to continue for 2 years now.

The people who lived here before had 2 dogs & I am sure didn't care if this dog came here cause they had dogs too, well guess what? I don't like dogs, I don't want dogs on my property, I don't want to clean up dog crap on my yard & I am tired of my kids walking into my house w/ dog doo-doo on their NEW SHOES!

Here's FIDO in my yard.... What do I do? Do I call animal control? Do I leave a note in her mailbox w/ a picture of her POOCH in my yard asking her to keep her pet off my property? I don't want to talk to her. I am not comfortable w/ that at all. I need advice on this other than personally talking to her face/face.

Thanks
~C

November 13th, 2008, 10:01 AM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
Call her and tell her about her dog being in your yard and ask her to not let him do it any longer. If he does then call animal control.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
November 13th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with giving her the chance to correct the problem 1st. Then if she doesn't correct it - call animal control. You haven't said anything in 2 years and she either doesn't know it's happening or assumes it's ok with you.

On a side note: When I 1st read this I thought her son was coming into your yard & using it as a potty!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
November 13th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Update... I have a friend who's best pal found out that the dog is not from next door. Belongs down the street, way down the street. Sooo... I did the anonymous call & they send a letter to the owner (who is a male) & let's him know that his pooch "Scooby" that the dog's name, is roaming around & could be hurt & so on & so on.

So, I don't have to do anything at all. This dog is running all over my road & it's a long road. I am shocked it hasn't been hit by a car. Poor Scooby.

Quote:
On a side note: When I 1st read this I thought her son was coming into your yard & using it as a potty![/b]
LOL... yeah, I'd be um... speechless? LOL... I think I'd freak out. Especially if he was doing #2???

November 14th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
I'm glad you got it worked out. Like you, I don't like confrontations so I'd have sent an anonymous letter to your friend saying that the dog is running loose and if it continues, you will call animal control. I hate it when people let their critters run around like that! If you're going to have a dog, keep it in your own yard. If you're going to have a cat, keep it in your own house!
I also thought the boy was coming in your yard and I'm thinking "What kind of parent lets their child potty outside to begin with???" lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search