New here

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Christy72
I think I might try this board out. I have a blended family. It has been rough and I think sometimes only those who live it can understand.

My name is Christy. I am 36 years old. I am married to my dh Jarrod. We were married May 2007. As for kids we have:

Mine: Samantha age 4 from my 2nd marriage
His: Kyle age 19 and Elijah age 5 from his ex-wife
Ours: Lilly age 18 months and Isaiah born 11/5/08

Both girls and Isaiah live with us full time and we share time with Elijah. This time may be reduced though depending on what the judge does

I didn't have any kids with my first husband. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi for now. I have tons of questions, but I will just start with this.
November 14th, 2008, 02:19 PM
merkelsgirl
Welcome to the board!
November 15th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Welcome Christy, I am Chantelle, one of the co-hosts here on Blended Families. You said it right when you said unless you've lived it, you can't possibly "get it"... 100% on the nail!

I am a step & bio-mom. I had my first bio-son w/ my ex who is now married & expecting twins in February. My DH has a son from his previous marriage. Together my DH & I have 2 small children, all boys. Ages 11, 8, 2 & almost 1. To say that I am overwhelmed is not the word.

I am glad you came here. Please, ask away. Everyone here as either BTDT or is in the middle of it. We're all supportive & can easily understand the stress of being a part of a blended family, there is no such thing as "normal" or "predictable"... Very hard to do & very hard to blend, I don't care how nice everyone is & how well you all seem to get along, there are different environments, different parents, and ex's involved. And ex's are difficult cause we don't like our ex's, if we liked them, they wouldn't be our ex's, they would be w/ us, hence why they are our ex's. But we have to deal w/ them regardless. And the regardless is the hard part, money, sharing custody, visitation, holidays, court, all the fun stuff...

So please, do not hold back. We are not here to judge you AT ALL!!! We are here for you. This is a hard place to be in & as you said, unless you are in this situation, you don't understand.

If there is anything we can do for you, let us know. And if you need to talk personally, feel free to PM me as well.

Again, welcome,
Chantelle

November 15th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Christy! Glad to have you on board!
As Chantelle said, most of us have either BTDT or at least can understand what you're going through. It ain't easy...lol
I'm Dani. Married my husband Tom a year and a half ago and I have 3 kids, he has 4. One of his lives with us and one of mine does also. My other two are grown up and on their own now and his other 3 live with (what I call his ex)
Ask us anything...if we don't have advice, we'll surely give you a shoulder to cry on!
November 16th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Christy72
Thanks everyone!!!
November 20th, 2008, 07:31 AM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
Welcome. I am Becca the other co-host here. I am a bit of a slacker these days because my husband is getting ready to have spinal fusion and my entire life has been turned upside down.

I have 3 children. Sadie is 9 and with an ex and then we have Lilly 7 and Gabe 3. Sadie has NO contact with her birth father and he has even agreed to an adoption but I have to come up with the funds...hopefully with my tax money this year.

Anywho welcome to the board and please stick around!

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
November 20th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Christy! Welcome!

I'm Kris. My husband & I have a his, mine & our situation. Soon to be a ours & his situation. He is in the process of adopting my 6 year old daughter from a previous marriage. We have a son together who is 2 1/2. He has 2 daughters from his previous marriage 9 & 13. They live 4 hours away with their bio mom. Blending our families has been a real challenge & I'm pretty close to throwing in the towel. Not with our marriage, I love DH so much. But with trying to blend. Now we are trying to figure out how to live with 2 separate families.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
November 21st, 2008, 07:16 AM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
How is that new baby doing?

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search