Blended Families Chat

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2008, 09:52 AM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
Hey Ladies...here is a post to chat about anything (doesn't have to be related to a blended family). Lets see how many pages we can get this up to!!!!

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
November 17th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Sounds like a plan! I wish I could win the lottery. lol I'd love to take the family away from everything for a nice long break and just VEG! I want to take Tom to Hawaii someday and he wants to take me to Germany. I'd love for him not to have to work so hard so he could do fun things all day. He loves remodeling the house and stuff like that. It'd be nice to have enough money for him to do the things he dreams of doing in that regard. It would also be nice if I didn't have to work either. Ahhh...what would you do if you won ten million dollars?
November 17th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Million dollars???? I would pay off everything and start to build a house on a nice peice of land and set up college funds for my kids.

More than a million and I would share with my family. Buy my dad a house, get my mom set up where ever it is that she wants to live these days. Pay off my siblings houses and set up college funds for all my neices and nephews and our cousins on Kals side of the family..there are a few that are still young. Kals parents would get the same as mine as well as his grandparents. I have a few friends that I would help too. And the kids godfather. They do not have a godmother but they have "uncle ronnie" and he would get something great.

Sad thing is that I think that his mother is hoping that we die because she has 2 sons and no grandchildren yet and is ready to spoil them now...lol

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
November 20th, 2008, 07:09 AM
I'm Bored

November 21st, 2008, 07:11 AM
Ok so I am on the phone right now with my friend Roisin. She is soooo funny. She has brain cancer and all she does is laugh. She believes that is what she has to do to get through the day. Laughter is the best medicine. Do you think that it is creepy that she wants us to come up with a name for her tumor? We are trying to figure out a name for it now. She has had it for 10 years and it hasn't killed her yet (her words) so she feels like it needs a name.

November 24th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Fine I see how it is. I am just going to keep posting in here all by myself. Maybe I should change the name from chat thread to the Becca Lonely thread!

November 25th, 2008, 05:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
lol Sorry Becca! A name for the tumor, huh? Well, I tell you. Several years ago I was misdiagnosed with a brain tumor and I never felt the urge to name it...just to destroy it. As it turned out, it wasn't a tumor after all but I think if I were going to name one, I'd want it to be a silly name like "Bonzo" or "Goliath"...It's kind of strange if you've never been faced with something like that but after 10 years, I guess she's used to it enough that it doesn't seem that weird. I completely agree with her that laughter is the best medicine. It may not prolong life but it sure makes it more fun!
Side note, when I got my diagnosis, I used to imagine it as being a huge hill of sand and I'd imagine that I could make the sand "blow away". I'd imagine myself blowing it away every day. Living near the beach, I'd imagine the wind ws also blowing it away. When my then boyfriend and I would ride his motorcycle, I'd also imagine it being blown away. I got the idea from a story I had heard years earlier of a teenaged boy who used to play Pacman all the time and he had a tumor and imagined the tumor being eaten up by Pacman. Eventually, the tumor disappeared! the doctor's were stunned because they'd already told him that he was going to die. They claimed that it must have been soemthing else tht had cured itself....the kid knew better. So, when they told me it was a misdiagnosis and i didn't have a tumor after all, I always wondered if I had, somehow, "blown it away"...I guess I will never know.
November 26th, 2008, 06:59 PM
When she first found out the DR told her to get everything in order and get ready to meet her maker because she was going to die soon. She refused to accept that and although it has not been easy on her she is still alive. She is going to name it and then go see that DR and say "HA me and (name of tumor) are still here....you were worng"
I thought about making her a shirt that says
Dear Cancer,
I won!
Survivor

November 26th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I thought about making her a shirt that says
Dear Cancer,
I won!
Survivor[/b]
I love it! I think that's a great idea, especially since she has such a wonderful attitude!
November 28th, 2008, 07:18 PM
OMG if I never told anyone that I was a total pig and a pack rat I am now. I am a total pig and a pack rat. I just cleaned my room and I am not kinding when I say that I took out 4 bags of garbage. I was saving the craziest things...like a picture that you couldn't even see what it was anymore because I washed it and old socks that I only had one of and random things....my room is soooo clean now and I am soooo happy.

November 29th, 2008, 04:49 AM
koalasandduckies's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to koalasandduckies Send a message via Yahoo to koalasandduckies
Hmmm a name. Well the first one that popped into my head was Gertrude. Unless of course she knows someone named Gertrude. That is what the name of my sisters big ugly car is. And tumors are big and ugly...

I totally feel you on the cleaning thing. My DH is a packrat and a pig and if it wasn't for me, I swear this house would be overwhelmed with ants eating food. Gross I know.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my very cute siggy!
December 2nd, 2008, 10:38 AM
I have been with Kally help doing laundry for like a week straight. I think that I have 10 loads left. That is a lot of flipping clothes and sheets and blankets and towels and all that stuff. I HATE LAUNDRY. I have a theory. Laundry is like AIDS. It never goes away and it spreads. I swear if a sock touches another sock I have 10 shirts to wash.

December 2nd, 2008, 02:06 PM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I need.....we NEED sleep

" \m/ Now Im riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Ill cross the line forevermore \m/ "

December 2nd, 2008, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do what I do...don't do laundry just buy new undies. I think there's a gremlin in Walmart that brings in undies for people like me...all cleaned up and packaged nicely. Socks? Well if you have ONE sock then I probably have the other one. I swear! What happens in that laundry room that causes socks to magically disappear? I go in and COUNT the darn things before I stick them in the washer and I STILL lose a few! Perhaps washers don't run on electricity and water...but on socks?
December 3rd, 2008, 05:24 AM
I got coffee....I got coffee...I got coffee!!!!

December 4th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I AM EXHAUSTED!

December 5th, 2008, 02:46 PM
koalasandduckies's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to koalasandduckies Send a message via Yahoo to koalasandduckies
my DH and I are fighting a lot recently, because of this I have gotten little sleep. So after putting Savannah in bed last night, I fell asleep.. hard. Apparently I got up in the night and got her out of her crib and brought her into bed with us... I don't remember any of it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my very cute siggy!
December 5th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
It's ironic about the fighting a lot thing, we've been having the same issue too. I don't know if it's all the medical stuff going on, economy, financial, holidays, death in our family, Birthdays (1 after another), he's overworked, we're tired, I am on auto-pilot, we're literally at each other's throats sometimes. I hate that.

Stinks!

December 5th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I may be pg. I'm too scared to POAS after 3 mc's. I think I will just wait it out until a baby does or doesn't appear.

December 5th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Quote:
I may be pg. I'm too scared to POAS after 3 mc's. I think I will just wait it out until a baby does or doesn't appear.[/b]

I am sorry that you are scared. I think that waiting until a baby appears might be a little too long. Do they know why you m/c?

On a side note...I wanted to beat my DH's nurse tonight because she was sooooo rude.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search