What do you remember....

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2008, 10:13 AM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
about the first time you met your step child(ren) or your DH met your bio child(ren)?

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
November 17th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
I met my oldest SD at the same time Tom met Tori. We took the girls to a movie and out to dinner. It was really fun! I thought everyone was going to get along so well...the girls hit it off and Courtney seemed to like me. I met the youngest two girls at one of their softball games. I was and still am impressed with how much the older of the two took care of her little sister. It was sweet. I met Griffon when he and Tom moved in. That was rather strange because I know he wasn't comfortable with the whole thing (who would be?) but the oddest thing is that he is the one I have the best relationship with. We're getting closer and closer the more time that passes and I absolutely love it! He's a great kid and has his father's sense of humor. I love him.
Tom first met Steven at our house when we were dating and they hit it off right from the start. Steven can be difficult at times because he's very opinionated but Tom held his own with him and has always cared about him. He didn't get to meet Michael until after we were married but he likes him a lot. Michael wasn't able to come to the wedding because he was stationed in Djibouti and didn't come home until a month later. We don't see him much because of his career but he talks to him on the phone every so often. Tom loves Tori and I think at times they are as close as they would be if they were father and daughter. I know Tori adores him and would have given anything to have Tom as her bio-dad. She has said so often that Tom is more of a dad than her father is. I'm so glad that we all like each other...or at least that We adults like each other's kids. Courtney has determined (because of her mother) that she doesn't really care for me anymore and the two little girls are so seldom here that I can't get on solid ground with either of them again. Oh well...maybe someday...
November 17th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Super Mommy
When DF met my mia-elise, she was 1 year old. She was very timid and was scared of men in general. She went right to him and didnt move from his lap until the picnic was over. When I met DF's kids (they vary from 1 to 6 years younger than I) they all just took to me. We all get along really well and we have a lot in common. I let them know instantly I am their friend, dont ever lie to me, and dont ever tell me something that they dont want their dad to know. So far so good.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
November 18th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
about the first time you met your step child(ren) or your DH met your bio child(ren)?[/b]
Easy,

Fear and awe about what i was getting myself into

" \m/ Now Im riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Ill cross the line forevermore \m/ "

November 18th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The 1st time DH met my DD, I had taken her to the emergency room that afternoon. She had strep throat.

He came over to take care of me while I took care of her. He brought dinner & wine. We sat on the couch while she was in & out of sleep. We had to watch the Barbie Princess & the Pauper over & over again. That's when I knew he was a keeper.

I met his DDs the day my ex threatened to kill me. I want to cancel but DH didn't. We went to the Olive Garden for dinner & all was good. His youngest & my DD were inseparable from the beginning. I remember thinking now my family's complete. Little didn't I know the struggles that would follow.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
November 18th, 2008, 03:06 PM
merkelsgirl
It was snowing really hard and Tony and I went to go pick her up. She just looked at me and gave me the shyest smile. From then on we have been best buds!
November 19th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
First time I met my DSS, I was shocked at his horrible mouth, the way he talked to me, how he acted, his rude ways, his behavior, disgusted.

First time my DH met my DS, I remember I was basically getting my DS ready for bed & he wasn't around for much, it was a quick meeting. Did that on purpose.

November 22nd, 2008, 08:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The first time I met my DSD was just before her 2nd bday. She was shy at first, but when she saw how young at heart I am, she opened right up. The second time was a month later. DH told DSD that I was there and she ran out the door looking for me. She was so disappointed that I wasn't there. I was in the parking garage of the apt complex. So they walked down to meet me there, and she just smiled so big when she saw me. My heart melted. I knew we were a family from that point on.

November 22nd, 2008, 01:06 PM
merkelsgirl
Quote:
The first time I met my DSD was just before her 2nd bday. She was shy at first, but when she saw how young at heart I am, she opened right up. The second time was a month later. DH told DSD that I was there and she ran out the door looking for me. She was so disappointed that I wasn't there. I was in the parking garage of the apt complex. So they walked down to meet me there, and she just smiled so big when she saw me. My heart melted. I knew we were a family from that point on.[/b]
That is heart warming and melting!
November 30th, 2008, 10:32 AM
charmed_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My kids met my DF over the phone first. At the time he was still living in Wisconsin. I had shown them pictures, told them who he was and my oldest son asked to talk to him. Which of course him talking made the other two want to talk as well. They hit it off and talked on the phone almost every day. When Michael moved here a month later I had told them he was moving in, Michael and I had discussed it with them on the phone. So the two boys made me promise that as soon as he arrived I would wake them up so they could meet him LOL. He got in around 2am and as promised we went in and woke the boys up. They took to him INSTANTLY. All the next day after Trinity had met him they followed him around like a lost puppy. At times I still think they like him more than me LOL. And the boys have stated many many times that he is so much nicer than their real daddy.

</div>
November 30th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Christy72
Is it terrible if I say I don't remember. Both kids were so young. Elijah wouldn't have much if anything to do with me. Even now he is lukewarm. My daughter had just started walking and had never really had a father figure. It was pretty much a non-event if that makes any sense. The kids are good now. Eli and Samantha get along really well. Now we have Lilly and Isaiah so it makes it all very interesting.
November 30th, 2008, 03:45 PM
koalasandduckies's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to koalasandduckies Send a message via Yahoo to koalasandduckies
I had driven up from NH to see DH again for the first time in eight years. Once I got through the door, Alex looked at me and said, who are you? I answered then she asked if I could hold her. It was pretty easy going until DH had to put her to bed for the night.. Then I got to see just how bad she could be.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my very cute siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search