More Mediactions, lazy parents... what's next?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy

I get a call yesterday from DH saying "how do we stop the Rx for Jake?" (we do mail order for my DSS' medication for 90 supply to save money which I have been paying for on my own & bio-mom has yet to pay me the 50% that she's owed me to date ).

He continues that his ex wants to increase the dosage that the child takes for his ADHD b/c she can't deal w/ him anymore (meaning, she can't parent him anymore). Well... he're the thing... the Rx has been filled, it's a class 2 substance, ANY insurance will only cover a class 2 once, if you try to fill a class 2 a week before it's time, they wont fill it, so this class 2 Rx that was JUST FILLED a few days ago, can be filled, for almost $300 for a month's supply. NO! I am NOT paying for that. This kid is fine. I wont get into the details of everything, but his behavioral problems are not from ADHD, they are called POOR PARENTING & DENIAL, not ADHD. But instead of coming to terms w/ that, and doing something about it, she, ex, wants to medicate the child more, basically make him a zombie, so she doesn't have to deal w/ him anymore. That's what this comes down too. Every 2 years, this kid gets a higher dose. It's not b/c he is jumping out of his seats, or distracting class, it's because of poor parenting, he is rude, disrespectful & not only do I see this, and my friends & family see this, but his own father, yes, my DH, even sees this. But not his mom, nope, nothing could possibly be wrong w/ her son, it's not her baby boy, it's EVERYONE else. I'm so tired of her & her lack of parenting. She wants a sedated child who just sits there & doesn't bug her while she parties, drinks & goes out all time. She has no morals, no values & now that she has her own place (about time after 34 years) she doesn't want to deal w/ her son, she doesn't want to be bothered to parent her kid. Why? Cause it's WORK, and it's a job, it's constant. When she lived w/ her mommy & daddy, THEY parented her kid.

So annoyed. But I tell ya what. This kid has had issues for a while, back & forth w/ the principal, principal even said "no, he has a behavioral issue, this is immature behavior, not ADHD"...that's not good enough for her. She now wants to pull the kid out of that school & put him in another one. For all these years, she loved the school & the principal & even had the same principal when she went to that school, but now that they aren't babying her son, it's not a good school. WAKE UP!!! She is doing her son no justice. NONE.

This kid has no chance. Really doesn't. I have to remove myself from him, totally. I know I am venting right now & it makes me irritated but I do it b/c I can't w/ my DH b/c I refuse to add ANY fuel to the fire. I told myself it's not worth it, I can't change it, b/c even though DH sees my side & agrees w/ me, he can't even change it, so it's like a losing battle. Not something I need to do. I have bigger fish to fry w/ my 3 other kids. Yes, I've given up on my DSS. I love him as a child, I care, if i didn't, I wouldn't post this stuff. I feel badly for him, I wish I could change things for him. And if the court system EVER asked me to testify against his mother for what she is doing wrong or wanted my opinion on him, I'd do it in a heartbeat, not b/c I am vindictive but b/c I want the best for him, he doesn't deserve to be over medicated b/c she doesn't want to parent. That's what this comes down too. She's a lazy sorry.... she acts like she's this caring mother, she's not. It's an act, an act for strangers but I see through her. Any REAL mother can see through her.

November 19th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG! She's just upping his med without his doctor's consent?!?!?!?! That could be soooo dangerous!

Good for you for standing up for what is right. This poor kid. It's one thing if the doctor prescribed it but....

I'm horrified!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
November 19th, 2008, 04:23 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
I can not believe that she wants to just up it. I swear some people just suck. If you didn't want to parent than you should have thought about that BEFORE you had children.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
November 19th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Super Mommy
i AGREE WITH YOU! sHE SHOULD REALLY CONSIDER THE CONSEQUENCES(WHICH TO ME SOUNDS LIKE SHE DOESNT CARE). EVERYONE THINKS MY MIA HAD ADHD BUT SHE IS JUST HYPER. I DONT BELIEVE IN MEDICATION FOR REALLY ANY REASON SO I CHOOSE NOT TO MEDICATE HER. SHE IS FINE TO ME, NOT DISRESPECTFUL, NOT OUT OF ORDER, JUST A LITTLE OFF THE WALLS LOL.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search