Who is the biggest...

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2008, 06:16 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
discipliner in your family with either you bio-kids or step-kids?

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
November 24th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
I am, I am strict & I enforce the rules. All in all, I am the one who the kids obey & listen. I am the one who says "nope!" and they listen. DH will yell or TRY to enforce rules, they don't listen. DH isn't consistent so they don't listen & he wonders why they aren't respectful all the time.

November 24th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Super Mommy
i'm not exactly sure on the whole discipline thing. Mia is more calm with david than she is with me. With me she is hyper and I just have to tell her to calm down a lot. I rarely ever have to actually discipline her. In public she is very respectful and I never had an issue with that, at home she just needs a lot of attention (like her mama).

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
November 25th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
With Griffon, Tom is. It's his son and although if I ask him to do something he will, I leave the discipline up to Tom. With Tori, I am. She's my daughter and I tend to be hard on her at times...I have to because of her diabetes--what she eats, when to check her blood sugars and that stuff. Both kids are very good and I rarely have issues with either of them. My boys are grown up and out of the house and Toms daughters live with so we don't tend to have much to do with them....unless the older one wants something she's never around and the two youngest ones only visit whem their mother doesn't have a babysitter. They're also good kids but if they need to be corrected, whichever one of us is there will say something. Punishments are Toms department with them though. I got angry one time with them when they stayed with us while their mother was homeless (got evicted for not paying her rent). It backfired on me and I vowed not to get involved again. I refuse to get caught up in that mess! They were in the wrong and I corrected their behavior and since that time, their mother hasn't let the girls stay with us. Now I ask you...if your kids are yelling and fighting and throwing tampons (yes tampons!) around the room, are you going to say sweetly "Please don't do that darling little angels" or are you going to question their upbringing? lol They can do that at home all they want but NOT in MY house!
November 25th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
For the most part, I believe in re-direction and teaching kids what the right behavior is versus punishing them for bad. That doesn't always work so we do time outs once in a while.

My kids are well behaved -- especially in public. They're good kids.

DH tends to be a little more strict. Funny thing is he is with our kids that live with us full-time but with his daughters, he doesn't discipline at all. It's very frustrating. I mean over all they're really good kids but when they act up a little, he says nothing. I know he doesn't see them much but he still needs to be their dad.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
November 25th, 2008, 02:50 PM
merkelsgirl
I think its a tie between Tony and I. Were both pretty disciplinary.
November 30th, 2008, 09:59 AM
charmed_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would say my fiance is more strict cause I have a weakness for the sad puppy dog face and tend to give in a bit. My ex though he has no rules and does not discipline at all.

</div>
November 30th, 2008, 10:07 AM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
I think that we are about even. There are things that each of us let the kids get away with that the other one would not. Although I think there is more that he lets them do than I do.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
November 30th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Christy72
I would say we are both pretty even. Though I let him deal with Eli. He is pretty much Samantha's dad at this point and so there is no difference with her really.
November 30th, 2008, 03:51 PM
koalasandduckies's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to koalasandduckies Send a message via Yahoo to koalasandduckies
Most of the time I am the enforcer while daddy just lets DSD watch movies, even after I say no. However there are times when neither of the girls listen and daddy comes in and they snap to.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my very cute siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search