This is one of the worst days' ever

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
I went online this morning to check out bank account (something I do like I brush my teeth). To my surprise I saw charges that exceeded in the thousands. Our account was completely gone!

At first I thought, okay, DH went Xmas shopping, didn't realize. Then I thought, maybe I had done some shopping & the person that had my card # accidentally charged us way too many times. Then as I continued to look further I saw that these charges had happened all on the 26th of this month, a day that I was at appointments. They were all at Marshalls, Costco, Wal-Mart, Nordstroms, the list goes on... even at a gas station for $60.00, all out of California.

I panicked. I called the bank, reported the info. DH had to rush home. It was my DH's credit/debit card that they had hacked & gotten. They canceled the card immediately, there are still 4 pending transactions that have gone thru as of this morning, so these individuals already went shopping today at Wal-Mart & Best Buy & some other place. They've cleaned us out entirely. Now we have to dispute the charges w/ Master Card, wait for them to process this. In the mean time, we have no money, no backup, nothing. Nothing for our Christmas, nothing for food, nothing for anything. We have 1 credit card w/ a little on it that will get us through a week's worth of food maybe.

I can't believe this. I am so upset and angry. I can't believe that there are people out there that are this horrible. As if I wasn't going to see all these charges? I mean.... the same day that I was in my town, taking money out for yesterday, they were at Nordstroms making purchases in California and going nuts at Best Buy in California. It blows my mind.

Nice, nice early Christmas present for us, as if we can afford this. My son needed to get sneakers to day for his first basketball game tomorrow, we have no money for that. He wont be able to play in his first game because some loser decided to steal our funds. My son came down & saw me crying this morning & I had to tell him that someone did something bad & took all our money & that "mommy & daddy had no money for his sneakers for his basketball game tomorrow"... he hugged me & said "it's okay mom, I understand, it's not your fault". Then he asked "why would someone do this to us?"

How do you answer that to kids? I don't even have that answer?

Horrible

November 28th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Super Mommy
omg im soo sorry, i hope everything gets squared away! Im sure they will find out the person that done this and believe me they will be prosecuted!!! Someone did that to me while I was in college, all they got was a phone and they got jail time and had to pay! what comes around goes around,and I wish you the best of luck

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
November 28th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Christy72
That is terrible!!!

November 28th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy

Wow that sucks!

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago only I caught it after 1 charge. I love my bank! I called & they stopped the charge immediately & told me that if I didn't cancel the card, more charges at higher amounts would happen. My bank fights the charges not me.

I hope you get it resolved quickly. That sucks!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
November 28th, 2008, 06:58 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
OMG as if you do not have enough going on they are going to take all your money!!! How long did your bank say that it was going to take for you to get it back. You can prove that you were not in California and that you were at home. That is just awful. Thankfully I do not think that I ever have to worry about this situation because we have no money and no credit cards. Some fool would take our debit card and try to buy something and it would be denied!

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
November 29th, 2008, 07:32 AM
They took out "MORE" money as of this morning. Well... at least it posted as of this morning. DH is on his way over to the bank as I type this to sign the papers for the disputing transactions so we can get the privisional credits & all that stuff. They (the bank) said more transactions could "trickle" until next week, & until next Friday that would be the last of it all. Yay for us? What ever!!!!

This is beyond a migraine, really. We have/had a ER fund, savings & overdraft protection, which was all connected to our bank account, so if one account was overdrawn, then it dipped into the other account & so forth (with BIG penalties) all of it, gone. The bank is being good about this, they are doing the provisional credits, but it takes time to get checks printed & new credit/debit cards issued. We have temp checks, but no place takes a temp check w/ out a name on it. It's like opening a new bank account & having to give everyone ALL the info from scratch.

I have such a sick pit in my stomach from this. I hope these people are sitting pretty & happy about their purchases, really. And to think that they are someone's son or daughter, makes me want to vomit, what type of parent raises a child like this? These people have ZERO morals.

To give you an idea of what these persons are like, this is what they did in less than a 24 hr period. I have sheets & sheets of papers of transactions, some are for at BestBuy in the thousands, I am assuming they wanted a nice TV or something. I just look at the paperwork & think "wow" b/c in less than 24 hrs., they went NUTS at a grocery store for cash. Then I see a stupid Norstrom purchase in the $30 mark, must have needed a lip gloss, then I see the $60 at Shell, must have ran out of gas & needed to fill up their tank to run to more places to steal more from us. Any who, this is the start of their journey on our account on the 26th.

ATM WITHDRAWAL 11/26 SAFEWAY STORE0 OAKLAND CA -100.00
ATM WITHDRAWAL 11/26 SAFEWAY STORE0 OAKLAND CA -124.99
ATM WITHDRAWAL 11/26 SAFEWAY STORE0 BERKELEY CA -100.00
ATM WITHDRAWAL 11/26 MARSHALLS #0274 SAN FRANCISCOCA -132.29
ATM WITHDRAWAL 11/26 SAFEWAY STORE0 BERKELEY CA -125.88
ATM WITHDRAWAL 11/26 MARSHALLS #0274 SAN FRANCISCOCA -192.00
ATM WITHDRAWAL 11/26 SAFEWAY STORE0 BERKELEY CA -100.00
ATM WITHDRAWAL 11/26 NORDSTROM #0427 SAN FRANCISCOCA -32.38
ATM WITHDRAWAL 11/26 SAFEWAY STORE0 OAKLAND CA -124.99
ATM WITHDRAWAL 11/26 SAFEWAY STORE0 OAKLAND CA -100.00
ATM WITHDRAWAL 11/26 SHELL OIL 20480 UNION CITY CA -60.00
ATM WITHDRAWAL 11/27 WAL-MART SAN LEANDRO CA -41.33
ATM WITHDRAWAL 11/27 SAFEWAY STORE0 OAKLAND CA -81.61
ATM WITHDRAWAL 11/27 SAFEWAY STORE0 OAKLAND CA -100.00

My kid is having a procedure this week, so am I, I have pre-op on Monday, I don't need this, Christmas is around the f'ng corning & my son's 1st Birthday is coming up. Why? Why us? Why now? What did I do? I just seriously can't stop crying about this. I go to church, my kids are in religious ed., we do school, we're good people, I put up w/ psycho ex-wife, I do so much for this family, I take care of a handicap child, I sacrifice so much for everyone & then this? A slap in the face? Why?

The bank guy said to me "you're honesty will pay off"... WHEN? No really? When? I've heard that a lot, so when? tell me WHEN? Cause I have yet to see it pay off. I see a whole lot of people who fall into crap & come out smelling like roses all the time & for some reason, I have this stuff being thrown at me all the time. Maybe I am feeling really sorry for myself, maybe I am just really depressed, I don't know. But I am tired of watching my DH bust his back, work OT & never be home, us go w/ out for an ex-wife to STEAL from the state & then this stuff happen to us? ***?!?!?! Really? When? I'd like to know WHEN is it OUR turn for a break?

I know I sound like a brat right now, but I am tired of this, I am tired, I've been crying for 24 hours, and I am exhausted. I have no answers & I don't know anymore.

Sorry guys... I know I am being really negative right now. I don't mean to bring you guys down. This isn't about trying to do that. I am very upset. Just ignore me.

November 29th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Christy72

I have been in your position before. Not the same circumstances, but how you sound right now. It was right after my divorce to my 2nd husband and nothing was going right. It is a long story. I will share one day. I will tell you that at work someone I know said "God won't give you more than you can handle" I felt like strangling him. I will tell you though it does pass. I am so very sorry this is happening to you. I really hope the bank works it all out.
November 29th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
OMG Chantelle! I am so very sorry this happened to you! They look like all ATM withdrawals...how could they have gotten your password? I ask because I don't have backup for us either and if someone got our debit--although they would not get very much out of it--it could cause us to lose everything! Right now because of all Tori's hospital stays and that crap, we're paycheck to paycheck. I can only imagine how you're feeling right now. I'd be hysterical!
November 30th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Quote:
OMG Chantelle! I am so very sorry this happened to you! They look like all ATM withdrawals...how could they have gotten your password? I ask because I don't have backup for us either and if someone got our debit--although they would not get very much out of it--it could cause us to lose everything! Right now because of all Tori's hospital stays and that crap, we're paycheck to paycheck. I can only imagine how you're feeling right now. I'd be hysterical![/b]

I have no _____ idea and that's why I am sooooo angry! And to find out that the bank said they are going to do a full 90 days investigation. OMG... that put me over the edge. I said "oh... let me help you, would you like me to pull the video of me at the pharmacy getting medication, at the ATM machine getting cash, at the liquor store getting soda & wine or at the Paper Store buying Yankee Candles? Either ones are fine, I was at all of them on the 26th between the hours of 6:45pm & 8pm so I can prove that I was in Massachusetts & not in California"... then I continued. "Oh... and if you doubt my husband, he works for a company that has him driving a company car, he has a GPS installed in his vehicle & in his cell phones, where ever my husband is, literally 24 hrs. a day is on GPS so I can have those computer records pulled too". I continued & said "oh... and my husband's on-call are installing & fixing alarm systems w/ the Fire departments all over Massachusetts, again, with cameras, so I can have those pulled & prove that he was in Massachusetts & not in California". I continued & said "I was also at my son's school last week on the 26th & they have video surveillance in which they can show that I was there, and my signature is also in their books, I can pull those documents & videos as well". She got silent & said "it's not that I doubt you..." and I cut her off "obviously you do since there is a 90 day investigation, let me help you w/ this investigation, I can clear it in less than a week, perhaps a day if you'd like". She said "it's Master Card that has to do this" and I said "give me Master Cards' headquarters' info & I'll get them the info". She said "I can't do that" the heck she can't! ***?!?!

DH said "they don't know us from a whole in the wall & people usually try to dispute transactions that they actually do"... okay, fine. But here's the deal, WE DIDN'T DO THEM, they are in a different state! AND we don't have a history of this! Like I said...fine, they don't know us, so let me HELP them in their investigation, let me ASSIST them & get them all the videos that they need so they can close this ASAP & move on to the next investigation. We're not worth their 90 days. They are making me feel like a freaking joke & I do NOT appreciate being made to feel like a crook or fraud. I am NOT a fraud. I do NOT steal! We just went food shopping today, put over $356 on our credit card for groceries, which is what we spend in 1 week, didn't even buy diapers or stuff for our personal care. We are not thieves & I do not appreciate being treated like a possible one. Period. This is degrating!

Sorry, I'm VERY hurt. And as I stated, I have more video surveillance & proof that I was here, in MA., same as my DH. Oh! Let's not forget, I had a doctor's apt on Wednesday night at 6pm, I saw a doctor at 6pm until 6:45pm, again, proof, my insurance can vouch for that. So can my doctor. This is bull crap. Pure bull!

November 30th, 2008, 05:20 PM
koalasandduckies's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to koalasandduckies Send a message via Yahoo to koalasandduckies
Oh my gosh. I can't believe that people would do this! And the fact that the CC company is giving you crap too.. It isn't like you wanted this to happen and you were clear across the country! That is so stupid! Hopefully someone listens to you and you get everything back soon. I am so so sorry this happened.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my very cute siggy!
December 1st, 2008, 01:10 PM
I think that they should have contacted you as soon as they saw all those random out of state charges with out you having a history of that. I know that people spend their money but I am sure that looking at your history of how things have been they should have known that there was something funny going on. I would rather have then suspend my card and have it denied on me then have everything I have drained!

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
December 3rd, 2008, 09:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow that sucks! Time to find a new bank!!!!!

Do you have Chase banks in your area? In my experience, they are amazing! They stopped all transactions on my card as soon as I reported a problem. They reversed the charge immediately.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
December 3rd, 2008, 09:43 AM
Super Mommy
Im so sorry about the whole situation...I will be praying for you and your family...

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
December 4th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I really do think that banks should stop payments if they see something that is out of the norm for that card holder. I think that it would save a lot of people from having to go through this. I would rather have a cart full of stuff and be denied then have to deal with the bank crap and wait that long to get it all back.

December 5th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
Chantelle, I am just reading this and I am so sorry that this is happening. I would be hysterical, negative, and bratty too. YOu have every right to be here. I am honestly surprised that the bank did not catch this sooner. My bank (checking and savings) call when they see out of state charges come through.

Chase BTW, is awesome. They caught fraud charges on our account before we even knew about it

oh...I wanted to add that I LOVE your new siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search