Why did you or will you.....

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2008, 10:21 AM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
marry your DH? What is the biggest reason other than "you love him" (trying to make it tough on you... )

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
December 2nd, 2008, 01:34 PM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
marry your DH? What is the biggest reason other than "you love him" (trying to make it tough on you... )[/b]
How respectful he is of my needs mental, physical or psychological. How respectful he is of me......

" \m/ Now Im riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Ill cross the line forevermore \m/ "

December 2nd, 2008, 01:52 PM
We're getting married in a little over two weeks. I love my soon to be husband because he is my best friend! We can sit and chat for hours about absolutely everything. We share many interests in common and enjoy working on projects together (cooking, redecorating the house, remodeling). All of the positives make the craziness of being a blended family worthwhile.
December 2nd, 2008, 02:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Quote:
We're getting married in a little over two weeks. I love my soon to be husband because he is my best friend! We can sit and chat for hours about absolutely everything. We share many interests in common and enjoy working on projects together (cooking, redecorating the house, remodeling). All of the positives make the craziness of being a blended family worthwhile.[/b]
Wow...you sound like me! That's how we are, too. When Tom and I first met (on Match.com) I was just about ready to quit and he had just started. I decided to give it one last shot and he sent me a note. The usual...nothing really special and I wrote back to him and asked him about himself. We continued for about a week, then progressed to phone calls that lasted about 5 or 6 hours each...then finally decided to meet. He CLAIMS he was already in love with me when we met and was waiting for me to make up my mind. LOL We could (and still can) sit and talk about anything and everything for hours! There was never a moment of uncomfortable silence the way I had experienced with other dates. Later that night we went for a walk by the riverwalk --pretty little area by the marina that's all developed and sidewalks and whatnot. We sat down on a seat swing that they had installed overlooking the water and without even thinking I flung my left leg over his and just leaned back in the seat. I remember marvelling at how comfortable I felt around him--as though I had known him for years instead of only a few short weeks. We spent ever moment we could together and about a week later he would come over to my house after work and we'd lay across--yes ACROSS--my bed and talk or watch TV. We kept the door open so the kids could walk by anytime and see that nothing was going on...which my son did from time to time...and all of our clothes on, of course. By about the fourth night we had both been losing sleep because of this and fell asleep while watching TV. The next night was his poker night and he wasn't going to be getting back til around 12:30 at night so we said we'd see each other the next day. At 12, I get a call..."Can I just come by to give you a goodnight kiss?" We wound up sleeping again. A couple of days later he texted me and said "Just let me know when you're ready to share expenses, ok?" LOL How romantic, right? We talked about it that night and decided to move in together. One night about 2 weeks, my daughter Tori was saying how she had told her dad about Tom living there and he was freaking out...this from the man who paraded so many women in and out of their lives that none of us could remember their names. She said "He is all pi**ed off because he says you told him you would never live with someone unless you were engaged". True...but then I hadn't known Tom back then so Tom took me in his arms, looked into my eyes and said "So, will you marry me?" I thought he was only saying it because of the conversation so I said "Sure, what the heII" lol Later that night, as we were laying in bed he says "You DO know I meant what I said, don't you?" I was surprised but not surprised. I didn't realise he was serious at the time but I knew down inside that someday, we would get married. I knew that as sure as I knew my name....but we'd only really been together about 2 months by then. Needless to say I said yes! He is everything I have ever wanted in a husband and in a friend...except he lacks the shopping gene that my other friends have. LOL He is the one person I want to share my joys with or to seek advice from. the one I want to comfort me or to offer advice when I am confused. He is the only man I have ever really loved in a place so deep down inside my soul, I barely knew it existed before! He is, quite simply...my heart.
December 3rd, 2008, 05:16 AM
I feel like the worlds worst wife because I was thinking about Kal's eyes and not all the great things he has done or will do. Right now there isn't much that I can think of because he is being a HUGE butt. So his eyes.....That is what I noticed first and always do. His eyelashes are about as long as they can get. All the other stuff of talking and him being caring and all that jazz are in with why I love him.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
December 3rd, 2008, 09:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I met him during a very dark time in my life. He was able to make me laugh. Every day he makes me laugh. I love that!

He is also the 1st person to see me for who I really was. It's hard to explain but in a time when everyone else was pitying me, he didn't see pitiful creature. He saw a strong, independent woman. Everyone else was like "wow you poor thing" And he was "Wow you are amazing. You made it through all of that & you are still standing"

He's so secure in himself. He loves that I make almost twice as much as him. He loves that I'm strong & intelligent.

Most importantly, he loves my daughter too. Enough to date the 2 of us together - we were a package deal. Enough to be her daddy & not even hesitate when the opportunity came up to adopt her. Even risking that his family wouldn't approve.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
December 3rd, 2008, 10:06 AM
Super Mommy
Well I fell in love with him when I didnt know it. We met working together at a meijer during a real stressful time. I had little money, supporting my (for no reason) non-working ex and infant daughter. I was bitter and hated the world. He saw through and started making small talk and I would respond. My ex and I couldnt work it out any longer and I left him. I cut out the talking to anyone and about a month later he came in from lunch and brought me over some breadsticks. I melted. No one EVER brought me lunch or ever went out of the way for me. He called me on my register line and told me he loved me lol. I of course didnt have no real feelings for him but to hear someone say they loved me was wonderful. I started just talking here and there which turned out to everyday. My ex got back involved and I told DF that I couldnt see him anymore, as my Family was my priority and I had to make it work with him. He said ok, I quit my job and moved back with the ex. 2 years later we broke up again. About 3 months after, I looked for DF on myspace. He had just put up his site 2 days before I found him and I felt it was fate. I emailed him and his initial response before anything was "how is the baby?" Again I melted. We got in contact the next day and we were just friends for about 2 months then I decided to dive into a relationship, I knew I cared for him deeply. Again, the ex got involved and I again told DF that everything was too fresh and I was in a confusing place. we broke up and got back together about 6 times in one year! After realizing that the ex really didnt give a sh** about me, he was just being jealous and controlling I told DF thats it. I was ready for him and I was sorry it took so long. His reaction"I knew it had to happen and for you I would wait eternity." Everyday since that realization has been the most satisfying experience. He is so wonderful. He helps me with mia, he does everything I ask, he has taken me and mia on vacations (not big ones cuz we are both a little broke) and it has been sooo wonderful. We LAUGH everyday about stupid things, we fight and can get over it instead of drawing it out. He respects me and cares about me more than anyone has my entire life. I cant even name everything. He is just so wonderful even when he is a punk. I love him so much. I cant imagine life without him.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
December 3rd, 2008, 06:55 PM
koalasandduckies's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to koalasandduckies Send a message via Yahoo to koalasandduckies
He has been my friend forever, we met when we were still in high school, and something kept us talking and kept us in touch with each other for 8 years before coming back up to be with him. He knows me like no one else does and he understands me, most days. I couldn't imagine being with anyone else.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my very cute siggy!
December 4th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Christy72
Would you all throw stuff at me if I told you it was because I was pg with Lilly. Having already been divorced 2x I wasn't really sure if I wanted to get married again, but then when I got pg it changed. Of course I love him and I think he is a wonderful father, but that is the main reason. EEKK!
December 4th, 2008, 07:03 PM
SFGiantsGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Well we aren't married yet....hopefully soon. I know we are going to, we talk about it But anyways, he is my best friend. I love him sooooo much. We laugh and talk about everything. I can be a complete dork around him and he around me. I don't ever have to worry about being judged by him about anything. He always supports me no matter what!! He is the best ever!! I look at him and I can't not smile. We compromise for each other without having to ask one another.

December 5th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
I fell in love with Jason when I was 16. He was so sweet and caring. He was my first love. We dated on and off for 2 years and split because our lives were drifting into 2 separate directions. We got together with our exes around the same time, married within a month of one another, had sons 5 days apart and divorced in the same year (2004). I received an email from classmates.com about new members from school and was checking out who they were. In BOLD letters was his name. I paid for the subscription so I could email him to see how he and his family were doing and found out he was getting divorced. We talked for 2 weeks on the phone and as soon as I talked to him I knew I still loved him. We went out the night his divorce was final (it also happened to be the day that would have been my 5 yr anniversary with my ex ) and that was the best night. I always loved him even when I was married and when I saw him for the first time in 8 years, it was as if we were still 16 and 19. Why do I love him? Because he makes me feel like a kid again. I know in my heart that he is my soulmate.
December 5th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Hmmm.... do I keep this clean? LMAO!!!

Let's see, physical reasons:

eyes
butt B)
smile
(can't say, it's PRIVATE)
voice

Emotional:

great provider
hard worker
loving
sensitive, even though he thinks' he's not
and we make nice looking babies

December 5th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Physical:

His beautiful blue eyes and long eyelashes
His gorgeous butt
His nice arms
His warm smile

Emotional:

He "gets" me
He loves his family to the ends of the earth
He provides for us
He makes me laugh
He likes a lot of the things I like
Every now and then, he shows his true sensitivity and golden heart...just when I need it

December 5th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Christy I am totally throwing things at you...lol

No I won't. I only married Kal when I did because they told me that he could go to court with me IF he was my husband....so we did that in 5 days. Then they wouldn't even let him in...that made me mad!

December 8th, 2008, 06:10 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
basically in a nut shell dh saved my life.......i was going through a VERY rough time in my life and honestly if it werent for him i'd probably be dead.....i was heading down a road of self destruction and he pulled me out of it

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

December 8th, 2008, 09:32 AM
I think that it is neat to see how many of us feel like our DH saved us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search